The Bastion DPS Leaderboard.

marshmallow

Holy hell he misses a lot....though I suppose that's that gunslinger offhand eh?

hrm...uses snipe often-ish...has interrogation probe...maintains shatter...prevents dots from ever becoming weak...has the extra explosives after explosive probe blows...interesting...have no idea what the sniper equivalent of burning force is...unless that's the dread guard relic...did quite a large number of rifle shots...hrm...

Re: some of your statements:

100% DoT uptime a must

DG relic

That's a lowest Rifle Shot count possible for the spec.

I've been tweaking around with Hybrid for a month now and have not figured out a sustainable rotation until recently. The "supposed" rotation over at sithwarrior is not sustainable. I was about to give up when i simC'd the spec and figured out a rotation from there. I saw a parse he posted and we've been talking since then. One thing for sure is we have almost identical ability priority lists, save for Shattershot which he keeps up.. and as for me I always forget to use it. He also taught me how to bump up the DPS average in torparse :).

There's a lot of variance as far as rotation because what ability you use depends on how much energy you get back from your crits. And i'm currently ****blocked by my crit chance.

Re: Snipe

Lazed Shot Snipe takes the place of Ambush because using Ambush more often than not yields, 3 results

1) Cap your energy

2) Delay your Cull by 0.5 - 1 second

3) If your Cull is delayed, you will not have enough energy to refresh your DoTs while staying above 60.

Unless you have a crap ton of Crit.

Edited by paowee

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have to respec...might need to see if I can switch out a rifle shot for a snipe some times...but I don't think I can...hrm...

If you're using Rifle Shot, I assume you are regening energy? If you are doing that then Snipe is the last ability you want to use. It costs 20 energy..

waaaait a minute...he doesn't use weakening blast...and since he never does weak bleeds...I'm going to guess he dropped lingering toxins too...and that would explain how he has both interrogation probe and cluster bombs...i'm going to guess the 2 points I have in steady shots moves to stroke of genius...dammit...I'm going to need more buttons on my keyboard for this...

And I must do my rotation differently than you guys...like vastly differently...my energy never caps during ambush unless I have adrenaline probe active.

Shatter->Dart->Grenade->Target Acquired+Weakening Blast->Cull->Series of Shots->Ambush->Cull->Explosive->Rifle->Dart->Grenade->Weakening Blast->Cull->Orbital Strike->Ambush/Series of Shots->Cull->Adrenaline Probe->Repeat-ish

Which after a quick dummy test has resulted in not as nice numbers so...hrmph...

EDIT: And I suppose for reference I sit at 400 crit rating and 2051 cunning :\

Edited by Ghobe

waaaait a minute...he doesn't use weakening blast...and since he never does weak bleeds...I'm going to guess he dropped lingering toxins too...and that would explain how he has both interrogation probe and cluster bombs...i'm going to guess the 2 points I have in steady shots moves to stroke of genius...dammit...I'm going to need more buttons on my keyboard for this...

And I must do my rotation differently than you guys...like vastly differently...my energy never caps during ambush unless I have adrenaline probe active.

Shatter->Dart->Grenade->Target Acquired+Weakening Blast->Cull->Series of Shots->Ambush->Cull->Explosive->Rifle->Dart->Grenade->Weakening Blast->Cull->Orbital Strike->Ambush/Series of Shots->Cull->Adrenaline Probe->Repeat-ish

Which after a quick dummy test has resulted in not as nice numbers so...hrmph...

Not using the 2/8/31 Lethality. I'm using (or we're using) 2/16/23 Hybrid. There's no thread about it over at sithwarrior and discussion about the spec surfaces for a split second then vanishes right after. It's like no one wants to run it...

We're not on the same page here. You have a different rotation because you have a different spec >_<

Edited by paowee

Not using the 2/8/31 Lethality. I'm using (or we're using) 2/16/23 Hybrid. There's no thread about it over at sithwarrior and discussion about the spec surfaces for a split second then vanishes right after. It's like no one wants to run it...

We're not on the same page here. You have a different rotation because you have a different spec >_<;. There is no weakening blast or weak bleeds in Hybrid.

I understand that, but the hybrid seems to expend even more energy than what I currently do.

Assuming this is 2/16/23.

So I suppose the cluster bombs help with energy regen too...hmm.

I understand that, but the hybrid seems to expend even more energy than what I currently do.

Assuming this is 2/16/23.

So I suppose the cluster bombs help with energy regen too...hmm.

It is very energy intensive yes.. We're going vastly off the OP's topic. Let's chat / whisper me in game instead: B'oarder B'oard Antoninus

Edited by paowee

We've got a guy in guild who can

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos alway on your mind. Just informing everyone that 8 mans so easy for level capped, that they couldnt pass the third boss earlier this week tfb hm, adorable AF.

#TooEasy

Edited by Okuy

If your wondering why wales isn't full Dirtyfighting(lethality) its due to a little imbalance. The middle tree dot for gunslingers (shock charge) affects wounding shots. Where as the Sniper middle tree dot (interrogation probe) does NOT affect cull.

REALLY? Well that is convenient for Gunslingers then.. But on the other hand if you look at it, regardless of whether or not Cull procs off our 3rd DoT, ~it should not be that much of an issue since there is no way of putting out more DPS at this point other than

1. using less rifle shots (which can be attained by)

2. having enough energy all the time from DoT crits (higher than normal crit rating)

Cull is still used in the same part of the rotation and will not change in order or priority even if our Interrogation Probe magically starts to proc it the way it does for Gunslingers (if what you said is true).

Edited by paowee

If your wondering why wales isn't full Dirtyfighting(lethality) its due to a little imbalance. The middle tree dot for gunslingers (shock charge) affects wounding shots. Where as the Sniper middle tree dot (interrogation probe) does NOT affect cull.

Holy crap....so snipers shouldn't even be in the same league as gunslingers...aggravating this information is.

• 5 weeks later...