comeback?

xbang

I pre-ordered this game and played it for about 3 monthes out of the gate. I just resubbed last week and imo the game has come a long ways and I believe me and my other friends who resubbed will be here for quite a while. The biggest improvement to me is I have not seen a single cheater/hacker in pvp since I came back but when I quit it was running rampant. Oh, and I has a light saber. Whats not to love?

I My sub ended December 24th. Don't ask me why I can still post.
I too was able to post while unsubbed , maybe the system is bugged ?

Imo this game is far from making a comeback. It still has bugs and issues that make gameplay more frustrating than anything.. The same issues are still here since before I unsubbed for the first time. On top of that It still offers way less features than it's competitors

The only reason I came back was because I wanted to play a SW mmo and nothing more. I am still waiting for the patch notes to 2.6 or the news of what is to come in the future , however so far I see no reason to renew my sub next week.

Real shame though , this game had potential.

I too was able to post while unsubbed , maybe the system is bugged ?

Imo this game is far from making a comeback. It still has bugs and issues that make gameplay more frustrating than anything.. The same issues are still here since before I unsubbed for the first time. On top of that It still offers way less features than it's competitors

The only reason I came back was because I wanted to play a SW mmo and nothing more. I am still waiting for the patch notes to 2.6 or the news of what is to come in the future , however so far I see no reason to renew my sub next week.

Real shame though , this game had potential.

Correction, this game STILL has potential. May I ask why do you and other people always say "Oh this game had soo much potential"? I mean how can you know that the game's potential has been spent? If you no longer happy that is ok and that is your right but until you have seen the future, do not assume that the game's potential is spent.

How many servers does TOR have left? 14 or so?

Other games are doing full on monthly updates that you don't have to pay for. Other games did holiday events not lets put a few ugly holiday items in our in game cash shop. Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

Hate to break it to you your wrong my server still has 3 version of fleet like it has had since i joined this server. What happening is nothing of the sort but I see your bitter over swtor so while your at it care to tell me the next lottery numbers since you can see the future. The only people getting feed up are the little children that cant handle pvp the way it is. But lucky for us there are people to take there place as they leave. Lets be honest the game is better off with out the die hard whiners http://radionewz.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/boo-hoo.jpg

The servers are full, the game is amazing. I guess that's a yes! (Never really needed to come back as it never really left)

That depends on the server. The Progenitor is nowadays pretty much as "full" (or empty) as it was before the first server merge. And we got several servers merged with us during the last approx. 1.5 years. And the population keeps decreasing despite of that. I am expecting another merge within the next 6 months. Think about it: We only have one European (English speaking) server left per playing style (PvE, RP, PvP). Not sure how the German and French servers are going. But I wonder what they want to to with The Progenitor if population keeps decreasing. Merge with Ebon Hawk? Or Red Eclipse?

The game might be amazing, but constant loss of players is happening ever since the start. And most new players are F2P, I suppose. How many new faces do you see here in the forums? Not many. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be only US-servers one day.

Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

Why?

What good would it do for you, if EA would indeed decide to shut SWTOR down? The way you are talking about SWTOR, you surely did cancel your subscription already, so what would be your benefit, if SWTOR would close? If there is no benefit to you, then why would it be "better" in your opinion?

Think for a second about all the poor trolls, who would loose their job (some of them paid I guess), if this game and the forums would shut down... Note: I am not accusing you of being one of the (paid) trolls.

Well I've seen far more gold spammers on the fleet as of late. I don't think they would be there if they didn't feel that they could make a profit, and I don't think they'd be able to make much of a profit illegally selling credits in a dieing game.

Either way I have a great guild and I enjoy playing this game. That's pretty much all the reason I need to keep paying my monthly sub.

Why?

What good would it do for you, if EA would indeed decide to shut SWTOR down? The way you are talking about SWTOR, you surely did cancel your subscription already, so what would be your benefit, if SWTOR would close? If there is no benefit to you, then why would it be "better" in your opinion?

Think for a second about all the poor trolls, who would loose their job (some of them paid I guess), if this game and the forums would shut down... Note: I am not accusing you of being one of the (paid) trolls.

He would then be justified in being right

Well I've seen far more gold spammers on the fleet as of late. I don't think they would be there if they didn't feel that they could make a profit, and I don't think they'd be able to make much of a profit illegally selling credits in a dieing game.

That was pretty much my first thought too when I saw them spamming again. :p

F2P only stalls the inevitable the game is still losing subs and dying f2p maybe bought a year of life but how long will it till they merge servers again. Unless bioware starts doing major endgame updates to keep people around then this game will die slowly. Also rise of the hutt cartel won't do much to help.

I can see it now. Say the game finally croaks in 10 years. You'll be right there to say "See, I told you it wouldn't last!"

:rolleyes:

He would then be justified in being right

Yeah... the unpaid trolls would of course be momentarily happy for being right, but the paid trolls would need a new target... but they are already paid to talk wookiee-poodoo about every other game safe for the one that pays them... so their number would be reduced.. The laid-off trolls would loose their house, their car, their wife. Their little troll-children would starve.... and all that in winter.

Nah, SWTOR needs to keep running, so that the trolls got something to do, so that the few of them who do it for a living will not die ;)

I can see it now. Say the game finally croaks in 10 years. You'll be right there to say "See, I told you it wouldn't last!"

And he will keep his subscription running the whole 10 years just to be ready all the time for the "hah hah! Told you so!" moment ;)

Edited by JPryde

I play The Secret World quite a bit nowadays. You're probably missing what makes that game amazing, just like I am obviously missing the same points on this game.

No worries. :rolleyes:

I just started TSW b/c I'm really getting burnt out on SWTOR.

I am loving TSW so far. Combat is simplistic compared to SWTOR, but it is still fun. Where TSW blows SWTOR out of the water:

• Graphics & graphics engine performance.
  • The character customization both in skills and appearance is amazing
  • Voice acting. Yes boys and girls. The VA in TSW makes SWOTR's story look like a Kindergarten play
  • UI is so simple, attractive and intuitive
Edited by Sportiva

I am loving TSW so far. Combat is simplistic compared to SWTOR but it is still fun. Where TSW blows SWTOR out of the water:

Voice acting. Yes boys and girls. The VA in TSW makes SWOTR's story look like a Kindergarten play

You must have the deluxe voice actor edition of TSW. In mine, the voice acting is comparable to TOR, but not superior.

I am loving TSW so far. Combat is simplistic compared to SWTOR, but it is still fun. Where TSW blows SWTOR out of the water:

• Graphics & graphics engine performance.
  • The character customization both in skills and appearance is amazing
  • Voice acting. Yes boys and girls. The VA in TSW makes SWOTR's story look like a Kindergarten play
  • UI is so simple, attractive and intuitive

TSW is one of three MMOs I play. It's OK, but it's not all that.

Graphics are generally smooth, but the character animations are classic Funcom funky. That was fine a decade ago, but now days... they really need to work on that.

Character customization is NOT as versatile and good as you portray it. It's fine, and it's different but it's not amazing.

Voice acting is at best on par with SWTOR. The problem is the themes are dark, and pretty depressing. And the animations in the cut scenes is pretty poor. And in the context of quests.... people here complain about a limited mission log.... omg.. they could /slash_wrists about it in TSW.

I also would not say the game is intuitive by any means. Attractive is always in the eyes of the beholder. If you like spending all your time in a dead zombie infested world.. then TSW is the cats meow. But again the game theme is simply too gothic and dark to appeal broadly as a persistent MMO to play.

That said, it does have the best open character skill progression system in the world of MMOs. And stats are not tied to wardrobe so you can dress however you like. The PvP is better overall. It's a good MMO, and I continue to play it, but SWTOR and TSW are so different as to not really be comparable on most things... which is fine.. the genre needs diversity.

Voice acting is at best on par with SWTOR. The problem is the themes are dark, and pretty depressing. And the animations in the cut scenes is pretty poor. And in the context of quests.... people here complain about a limited mission log.... omg.. they could /slash_wrists about it in TSW.

I also would not say the game is intuitive by any means. Attractive is always in the eyes of the beholder. If you like spending all your time in a dead zombie infested world.. then TSW is the cats meow. But again the game theme is simply too gothic and dark to appeal broadly as a persistent MMO to play.

I was talking about the UI being intuitive and simple or I should have said "minimal" which allows you to view more of the game environment than the UI elements. I love the "character sheet" setup and the gear management, wardrobe management & skill decks are fantastic.

I agree about the mission log & the non-linear progression of the story-line (at least in the first zone) is very confusing at first. But the missions themselves (the investigation & problem solving ones) are fantastic and challenging.

I completely disagree about the cut-scenes, but to each his own. As for the genre, I love Star Wars which is why I am still here, but TSW is a good break.

If the quality of life (including UI) & customization of TSW could be combined with the complexity of SWTOR combat you would have a perfect game IMO. In many ways, you would have a great balance between a sandbox game & game on rail.

TSW [... is] a good MMO, and I continue to play it, but SWTOR and TSW are so different as to not really be comparable on most things... which is fine.. the genre needs diversity.

All MMOs are fundamentally the same. Genre and mechanics are window dressing, but of course the window dressing is what we see and interact with.

I was talking about the UI being intuitive and simple or I should have said "minimal" which allows you to view more of the game environment than the UI elements.

I see. Well I disagree. The TSW UI is minimal for sure...to the point of being counter-intuitive to me. It just feels primitive by todays standards and it takes some adjustment to get used to. I like the UI in SWTOR much better, especially since I have a higher degree of control over it. But hey.. personal tastes differ.

I love the "character sheet" setup and the gear management, wardrobe management & skill decks are fantastic.

100% agree on this.

Edited by Andryah

The game might be amazing, but constant loss of players is happening ever since the start. And most new players are F2P, I suppose. How many new faces do you see here in the forums? Not many. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be only US-servers one day.

Unlike at launch, server populations remain relatively stable (according to torstatus.net trend data) these days.

Yes they ebb and flow with major expansions to a degree (like all MMOs), so I look at how they behave during the non-surge&frenzy times. Personally, server wise, I don't like it when they release an expac as it means the most popular servers get crushed and start having stability problems. But.. we all like new content so we have to suck it up.

Yes the PvP servers are struggling. No surprise there however. But even the PvP servers show rather stable population run rates and activity levels (albeit at smaller total numbers). The PvE servers are doing just fine.

As for how many players on any given server are subs vs preferred/F2P... it really does not matter. What matters is how many players are active on a server. Investor data from EA quarterlies clearly show this game has a stable subscriber base, and a stable player base. Any sensible ranged estimate of player activity puts the active population at between 900K and 2M active players (pessimistic and optimistic). Reality is somewhere in between those two extremes.

Edited by Andryah

Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

Obviously you've never visited any other games forum...or you've only visited children's games forums? Pick ANY other MMO, and I'll find you a post of someone "hating" on the game.

And if you hate the game so much, why are you here? If you're just that flush with cash and the $15 a month is a pittance to you, do society a favor and send it to a charity (like Wounded Warrior Project or Make-a-Wish Foundation) rather than wasting it here to wish the game would close. Trust me, I like that you're paying $15 a month to fund development, but I'd prefer you take that $15 that provides you no enjoyment, and spend it on something that WILL bring a smile to someones face.

OP...they probably plan on doing more of what they have since you left...adding more content. That's a safe assumption isn't it?

Edited by TUXs

Obviously you've never visited any other games forum...or you've only visited children's games forums? Pick ANY other MMO, and I'll find you a post of someone "hating" on the game.

And if you hate the game so much, why are you here? If you're just that flush with cash and the $15 a month is a pittance to you, do society a favor and send it to a charity (like Wounded Warrior Project or Make-a-Wish Foundation) rather than wasting it here to wish the game would close. Trust me, I like that you're paying $15 a month to fund development, but I'd prefer you take that $15 that provides you no enjoyment, and spend it on something that WILL bring a smile to someones face.

OP...they probably plan on doing more of what they have since you left...adding more content. That's a safe assumption isn't it?

The funny thing is that AshenK stuck around for at least about another year after the post you quoted. (his last post is November of 2013)

The funny thing is that AshenK stuck around for at least about another year after the post you quoted. (his last post is November of 2013)

I love that! Hopefully he's now playing a game where everyone is happy...like Animal Jam ;)