What if Luke had turned to the dark side?

LrdStryfe

What if in Episode 5 when Luke fights Vader, instead of falling down off of the ledge, he gives in to Vader and turns to the Dark Side? How would that have gone down?

It would have negated the Rule of Two, and there's no way that Vader could have hidden Luke from the Emperor like he did with Starkiller.

What would have happened?

What if in Episode 5 when Luke fights Vader, instead of falling down off of the ledge, he gives in to Vader and turns to the Dark Side? How would that have gone down?

It would have negated the Rule of Two, and there's no way that Vader could have hidden Luke from the Emperor like he did with Starkiller.

What would have happened?

he does for a while after the films

But Luke never wanted to join the Imperials, he wanted to join the Alliance like his friend Biggs.

He said he wanted to join the "Academy"...and he was really surprised to see Biggs in the rebellion.... I really doubt the Rebel's had an Academy up and running for the public to know about...I feel as though that would be unhelpful to them staying secret.........

The Academy would be an ideal choice for him....sure he doesn't like the empire...most people don;t like there government...but they still join the military to get out of where there from.... I grew up in a desert so I can tell you the urge is there...

I stand by my thought that he was going to go join the imperial academy...there's even a section in one of the video games where you go and take an imperial academy field test.

Sidious would have destroyed them both.

Vader and Luke (at that time) were no match for Sidious. I'm sure Sidious would have tried to turn Luke again during the confrontation, and might actually succeed seeing as Luke would have been willing to join Vader, he probably would end up joining Sidious with the right amount of manipulation.

Edited by bfishback

The Imperial Academy was the only place to get credible certification/a good education in piloting because Palpatine nationalized the institutions that provided that service to maintain control of space flight capability. Prospective Rebels were educated there too, same way many West Point graduates sided with the Confederacy.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Vader could have hidden Luke for a while. Not long, but enough so he could further what training he had left to make it possible for the two to face the Emperor.

Combined, I think the two could have taken the Emperor and truly ruled the galaxy as father and son. At least until Leia started doing some Jedi training... unless they got to her in time. Shoot, if they got Leia to join them before facing the Emperor, the three of them could definitely take him.

The Imperial Academy was the only place to get credible certification/a good education in piloting because Palpatine nationalized the institutions that provided that service to maintain control of space flight capability. Prospective Rebels were educated there too, same way many West Point graduates sided with the Confederacy.

Even if he joined the academy with plans on betraying the empire later on. It could have been a possibility that his force sensitivity was discovered and he was made one of the "Emperors Hands" Like Mara Jade.....imagine Luke and Mara meeting while training at the academy...hated enemies? close allies? the possibilities are astounding.....

Even if he joined the academy with plans on betraying the empire later on. It could have been a possibility that his force sensitivity was discovered and he was made one of the "Emperors Hands" Like Mara Jade.....imagine Luke and Mara meeting while training at the academy...hated enemies? close allies? the possibilities are astounding.....

You think that someone with the last name SKYWALKER would get past the application for the academy without being flagged and sent to the emperor?

You think that someone with the last name SKYWALKER would get past the application for the academy without being flagged and sent to the emperor?

Wait a second. Shouldn't there have been some record, somewhere, that had Luke's full name on it and in the hands of the Empire? Additionally, since Vader knew Luke's aunt and uncle, doesn't anyone think he would have visted them? I'm not saying he'd swing by for a holiday dinner or anything, but considering they were the closest thing he had to family left, you'd think at some point he'd at least check up on them and maybe see his kid.

Wait a second. Shouldn't there have been some record, somewhere, that had Luke's full name on it and in the hands of the Empire? Additionally, since Vader knew Luke's aunt and uncle, doesn't anyone think he would have visted them? I'm not saying he'd swing by for a holiday dinner or anything, but considering they were the closest thing he had to family left, you'd think at some point he'd at least check up on them and maybe see his kid.

The galaxy is a huge place, finding one person would be different and last names most likely are not so rare plus Vader didn't know Luke was his son till ESB.

The galaxy is a huge place, finding one person would be different and last names most likely are not so rare plus Vader didn't know Luke was his son till ESB.

I'm not saying that any time the name Skywalker shows up in an Imperial file, Vader gets some kind of e-mail. I'm just saying that Vader or the Emperor would likely be wary of the last name Skywalker, whether or not it's a common name.

I'm not saying that any time the name Skywalker shows up in an Imperial file, Vader gets some kind of e-mail. I'm just saying that Vader or the Emperor would likely be wary of the last name Skywalker, whether or not it's a common name.

Lol nice mental picture with Vader checking his e-mail. XD

But they were wary in ESB.

"There is a great disturbance in the force."

"I have felt it."

"We have a new enemy, the young rebel who destroyed the deathstar. I have no doubt this boy, is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker."

"How is that possible?"

"Search your feelings Lord Vader, you will know it to be true. He could destroy us."

So Palpatine was wary, of course he just pieced this together after Luke became more attuned with the force.

That depends...skywalker may be a common name...and more important still Vader would most likely not be parading around letting everyone know that he was a former Jedi named Anakin Skywalker...

To continue on this thought of skywalker being flagged.... Why would he? no one knew the Skywalkers as a family really...they weren't a mighty and powerful Jedi family or anything, they were slaves an Tatooine.... a planet which I don't believe was even part of the Old Republic...

Vader wouldn't have thought to look for any offspring of his, (believing them dead with his wife)...and the emperor wouldn't have cared....If i just lied to my apprentice about his family being dead...the last thing I'd want is someone popping with information that his kids were still alive...

I think the emperor probably treated that name like any others, hoping it would be lost to time on some backwater planet...

And let's for one second believe that the empire was a well oiled machine that worked better than any bureaucratic system known to man...and that someone noticed the name and got it sent up through the ranks one step at a time until it reached Vader...

Vader wasn't some cold hearted bastard of a killer..... he was a man that eventually became immune to the cries of other peoples pain through war, and personal heartbreak... If he had a chance to reunite with his son WITHOUT THE EMPEROR KNOWING!!!!! do you think he'd throw it away so easily?

I beg you to remember that the emperor knew about Luke being his son first...making it hard for Vader to do much.

The only chance

Vader wouldn't have ever gone to Tatooine. In the EU it was described as the place where Vader felt most of his pain, and linked it to everything bad that had happened in his life. He purposelessly avoided stepping foot on Tatooine out of fear of awakening what was left of Anakin Skywalker in him.

Sidious would have destroyed them both.

Vader and Luke (at that time) were no match for Sidious. I'm sure Sidious would have tried to turn Luke again during the confrontation, and might actually succeed seeing as Luke would have been willing to join Vader, he probably would end up joining Sidious with the right amount of manipulation.

Actually Vader was relatively close to Sidious and I doubt they'd have went after the Emperor immediately. The problem is if they did manage to kill the Emperor he'd simply return in a younger more powerful clone body. It's possible given time Luke may have been able to take the Emperor out but regardless Vader would be toast.

(Off-topic and a little random but it popped up in my head: Rhyltran, I've never seen you make a thread before. And you post quite a bit. )

Actually Vader was relatively close to Sidious and I doubt they'd have went after the Emperor immediately. The problem is if they did manage to kill the Emperor he'd simply return in a younger more powerful clone body. It's possible given time Luke may have been able to take the Emperor out but regardless Vader would be toast.

Similar to Vader and Galen. They had to train, plan, years and years... and they failed.

(Off-topic and a little random but it popped up in my head: Rhyltran, I've never seen you make a thread before. And you post quite a bit. )

Similar to Vader and Galen. They had to train, plan, years and years... and they failed.

Exactly. In fact they did state in interviews when making force unleashed it's supposed to be sort of like that. They said that this would have been what it'd be like if Vader had raised Luke.

Also yeah. I don't make threads very often. :p I feel no need to. Usually if I feel like discussing something I look up an already existing thread and just post there.

Edited by Rhyltran