How weak is Anakin and Obi-wan in canon?

meshade

I jsut watched an episode on SW clone wars, which are the main canon same as movies (read somewhere here that those are the first cannon that is more important then books and EU), about that new apprentice of Dooku - Savage.

Now in this episode he doesn't know anything about the force, dooku trains him from the scratch and I got no idea for how long he is being trained before he faces both anakin and obi-wan but he easily overpowers them in every fight.

Even before being trained in the art of the force he kills a jedi master//knight and his padawan with a freakin lance...

Isn't anakin supposed to be powerful? Isn't obi-wan supposed to be master of some lightsaber style (soresu I think) and force push?

People are thinking about Star Wars like DBZ with power levels....Stop it! :mad:

It has been said that the path to the Dark Side is faster so the training time is acceptable.

You completely missed the point, people here on forums claim that those characters are so powerful and almighty and then you watch clone wars or movies and see different?

I jsut watched an episode on SW clone wars, which are the main canon same as movies

Not same as movies. Movies always trump everything else, even the TV series.

about that new apprentice of Dooku - Savage.

Now in this episode he doesn't know anything about the force, dooku trains him from the scratch and I got no idea for how long he is being trained before he faces both anakin and obi-wan but he easily overpowers them in every fight.

If you recall, In that Episode you see that Savage gets empowered greatly by the nightsisters. He is literally infused with the Dark Side, and becomes nothing more than a weapon powered by anger. Couple his training with the powers the nightsisters gave him, and you can have a very potent weapon. I don't think Obi-Wan, or Anakin ever actually anticipated anything remotely like Savage to attack them, so he had the element of surprise on his side during almost all his fights.

Even before being trained in the art of the force he kills a jedi master//knight and his padawan with a freakin lance...

See above.

Isn't anakin supposed to be powerful? Isn't obi-wan supposed to be master of some lightsaber style (soresu I think) and force push?

Correct, but see above.

So why not infuse ventress with it as she was supposed to kill Dooku in an act of revenge? That savage dude took blaster shot and they didn't even pierce his armor - why not use that armor on other soldiers siths or whatever warrior they got?

Also movies do not show anything special either, obi-wan gets taken out by dooku with one force push and earlier looses in a straight up lightsaber combat.

So why not infuse ventress with it as she was supposed to kill Dooku in an act of revenge?

That I do not know. Perhaps only certain individuals, or species are susceptible to that kind of magic.

The effects seemed to completely destroy the real "Savage" seeing as he killed his own brother without second thought. If those effects are universal perhaps Ventress didn't want to loose herself like that. Makes sense to me.

That savage dude took blaster shot and they didn't even pierce his armor - why not use that armor on other soldiers siths or whatever warrior they got?

The better, and stronger an armor Is, the more expensive and harder to make It will be.

It simply wouldn't be wise to outfit every warrior In any larger army with such expensive armoring as the funds would simply bleed out, leaving no money for anything else.

Also movies do not show anything special either, obi-wan gets taken out by dooku with one force push and earlier looses in a straight up lightsaber combat.

Dooku viciously force choked Obi-Wan, before hurling him against the railing. I suspect he did this to either further manipulate Anakin, or because he saw Kenobi as the greater threat In that fight.

When Dooku beat Obi-Wan in Episode 2 Obi just wasn't that good yet. He had switched lightsaber styles since Episode 1, and hadn't mastered Soresu at that point.

I just watched the 2 episodes with the 'chosen one' and that old guy with a son that represented dark side and daughter that represented light side - epic.

Also about that armor - if they could make it for someone so worthless like Savage, why not get it for Sith lords, Jedi masters or Clone commanders//captains ?

Tellin that it's to expensive when we got no idea what the cost of it are and knowing that reps are pumping huge amounts of clones not worrying about costs is just meh ;>

Not same as movies. Movies always trump everything else, even the TV series.

If you recall, In that Episode you see that Savage gets empowered greatly by the nightsisters. He is literally infused with the Dark Side, and becomes nothing more than a weapon powered by anger. Couple his training with the powers the nightsisters gave him, and you can have a very potent weapon. I don't think Obi-Wan, or Anakin ever actually anticipated anything remotely like Savage to attack them, so he had the element of surprise on his side during almost all his fights.

See above.

Correct, but see above.

Nope, TCW is G-Canon. Anything by Lucas is G-Canon.

Other than that, I agree with what you say.

I just watched the 2 episodes with the 'chosen one' and that old guy with a son that represented dark side and daughter that represented light side - epic.

Isn't there 3 Episodes about that?

Also about that armor - if they could make it for someone so worthless like Savage

Given the time, effort, and resources put into even finding Savage I suspect keeping him alive came as a high priority.

why not get it for Sith lords, Jedi masters or Clone commanders//captains ?

I'm getting a bit confused. In this time era (Prequels-clone wars) Sith Masters isn't plural since there's only ever 1, Sidious. And I suspect he can handle himself.

With the Clones, the only Clones that received such armor were the special forces. Clone Commando's. Since those guys are inserted into special operations that might require unorthodox means. Clone Commanders, and Captains were still deployed alongside regular troops, meaning they were exposed to the same situations as regular Troopers.

Tellin that it's to expensive when we got no idea what the cost of it are and knowing that reps are pumping huge amounts of clones not worrying about costs is just meh ;>

While we do not know the costs of 1 suit of armor, It's logically safe to assume the more advanced, and durable the armor is, the more expensive It will be to make it.

I do believe the Republic had a great deal of concern regarding the war funds, and I think i may have heard/read somewhere that by the end of the Clone Wars the Republic was pretty close to bankrupt.

I don't think they were In any capacity simply "pumping out" additional Clones. I'd assume the majority of the Grand Army was at least somewhat payed off prior to wars beginning. I doubt the Kaminoans would just build millions of Clones, and make war ship contracts on pure credit.

Nope, TCW is G-Canon. Anything by Lucas is G-Canon.

Other than that, I agree with what you say.

Wookipedia states:

"T-canon, or Television Canon, refers to the canon level comprising the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the two television shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. It was devised recently in order to define a status above the C-Level canon, as confirmed by Chee."

G-Canon In short apparently only means the 6 movies.

Edited by SammyRath

"T-canon, or Television Canon, refers to the canon level comprising the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the two television shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. It was devised recently in order to define a status above the C-Level canon, as confirmed by Chee."

G-Canon In short apparently only means the 6 movies.

Hmm, I guess so. But if Books and Games contradict it, it will be them that get retconned because its a higher level right?