Appearance Change?

KevinH

I know I'll be chastised for my opinion, but I actually oppose the idea of being able to liberally change ones' appearance in the game - especially as easy as in the Barber shop (WoW).

I admit it's due to my "old-fashioned" things I still remember from original Everquest... but I liked how taking the time to make sure you made a character that you wanted to embark on a long journey with by really investing in the appearance that suited you.

That being said, I do realize our tastes change and it's completely reasonable that a character in a roleplay world would also experience appearance changes. I don't know, maybe I could more easily support a compromise (1 character alteration per year or something) versus the ability to change appearance as often as we desired.

Anyway, for your sake OP I hope an option is introduced soon, even if I'm not necessarily for it =]

I hope we get more skin colors on Twi'leks as its a bit silly that a race that comes in literally dozens of colors has about 7 colors currently.

Heh, ahh, I recall reading back in beta for both the twi'lek and zabrak that the faction allowed/restricted the skin colors available...

Wonder if that's still in...

I admit it's due to my "old-fashioned" things I still remember from original Everquest... but I liked how taking the time to make sure you made a character that you wanted to embark on a long journey with by really investing in the appearance that suited you.

It's picking choices from a table. Not much investment there. Besides, the character creator has such terrible lighting that...I would insist it be fixed to more accurately depict characters before I could support making it anywhere close to permanent.

The lack of an ability to save a preferred set is also a fault in it..., so if anything, with the system as broken as I consider it to be, they should give us liberal access to alterations, since the colors and such can be so far off the regular appearance when you get into the game.

The only even reasonable thing it includes is numbers so you can write down what you have liked as part of the experiment process.

Yeah, I'm a nit-picker, I like my characters to look how I want them, and I do not enjoy several attempts to get it right, nor do I like having to run various places to get to a good spot to really look at my character.

I know I'll be chastised for my opinion, but I actually oppose the idea of being able to liberally change ones' appearance in the game - especially as easy as in the Barber shop (WoW).

That being said, I do realize our tastes change and it's completely reasonable that a character in a roleplay world would also experience appearance changes. I don't know, maybe I could more easily support a compromise (1 character alteration per year or something) versus the ability to change appearance as often as we desired.

Anyway, for your sake OP I hope an option is introduced soon, even if I'm not necessarily for it =]

i know right cause having a barber shop so you wont have to have the same hair color skin color eye color and hair style like the other 10000 ppl on that server have is so wrong,not like in real life where your stuck with how you look and can never change it ever ever