Youtube Channel with previews of blaster pistol sounds.

OddballEasyEight

I just made a new youtube channel to show off the different blaster pistol sounds.

I got tired of buying guns that sounded horrible so i decided to do the community a favor.

So far ive done 24 blaster pistols. I'll keep uploading more as time goes on.

And when i get more lvl 50 characters ill add blaster rifles, sniper rifles and assault cannons.

Here is the channel.

06.12.2013: Ive updated the channel many times now, I have 49 videos of blaster pistols, 9 blaster rifles, 8 sniper rifles and 3 assault cannons. Just click on the type you want to see and it will bring you to the playlist.

I am adding more weapons as i level up my Imperial Agent and my Trooper. They should reach 50 or 55 during the double xp weekends. (their levels are the only thing holding me back right now as i have a lot of the weapons that are available to buy on the GTN already)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Awesome work, thank you.

Keep 'em coming, Assault Cannons next! :)

Unfortunately i dont even have a commando :/

My trooper is around lvl 25 and my sniper is around lvl 20 so it will be a while before i start making anything more than pistols.

I could make a few of the low-level rifles and snipers tho, but cannons will have to wait. TORfashion has a few of the cannons on their youtube channel tho. You can find that channel here.

Thanx for the nice responses guys! :D

I'll try to keep them coming. After having spent a little more than 2 million creds on the GTN, ill now be going around to check the commendation vendors and also trying to get some of the flashpoint drops (again, since i sold most whilst leveling up).

Nice work there!

I had a similar idea, but with blaster rifles. Already started recording, but not sure if I should continue or not :p I've only done about 11 rifles so far, so haven't gotten that far along yet. I could share what I've done with you though, if you wish.

Nice work there!

I had a similar idea, but with blaster rifles. Already started recording, but not sure if I should continue or not :p I've only done about 11 rifles so far, so haven't gotten that far along yet. I could share what I've done with you though, if you wish.

Hmm, sure sounds like a good idea. Dont know exactly how we would do that tho. Send the videos to me and ill credit you i guess?

It sure would help until i get my trooper up a few levels (which i wont until ive gotten my smuggler and 2nd BH to lvl 50 at least :/ ).

Breger: I sent you a PM.

As for anyone that wants to help me with flashpoints on the republic side, please contact either Chakra on the empire side or Charada on the republic side.

I play on The Progenitor.

As of right now, ive spent more than 3 million credits on buying blasters on the GTN, so im gonna try to avoid doing that any more :p

Im currently working on doing heroics to get planetary comms to buy out all the blasters available at the planetary vendors.

After that ill go through the Flashpoints to get the blasters from those.

• 1 month later...
Updated with some of the new blaster weapons from the Archon's Contraband Pack.

Thanks for doing that OddballEasyEight, its a big help. I'm surprised the sound effects aren't meatier given the weapon's appearance but at least its a little better than the last set with the Balmorran "Hand Cannons."

Thanks for doing that OddballEasyEight, its a big help. I'm surprised the sound effects aren't meatier given the weapon's appearance but at least its a little better than the last set with the Balmorran "Hand Cannons."

Yup, its the first cartel blaster that ive given a score higher than 2 to... so they are improving.

One thing i noticed is that both the pistol and the rifle sound almost identical, so i wonder if thats not a thing they were going after since they are all based on the same model.

Thank You! But don't waste creds on the older guns. Here's a link to the sounds for those. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTplkCTcG0 the part 2 is in the link too. But please please keep doing what you're doing for the newer guns like the cartel ones.

Heh, a lil' late for that now :) Ive spent around 10 million credits buying up guns of all sorts... they are just waiting in the bank for me to level up my agent and trooper...

Interestingly enough i did a ton of searches on youtube to look for videos of blaster sounds from sw:tor and your video never showed up. You might want to put in some more search tags there.

I have at least 13 blaster's that aren't on your channel:

Outrunner's D-88 Blaster Pistol

Athiss Sawbones's Blaster Pistol - That's what it says in the tooltip!

Cademimu Spec Ops Blaster Pistol

Clan Varad Scoundrel's Blaster Pistol

Hammer Outrunner's Blaster Pistol

Watchman Blaster

Voss Holdout Sidearm

Ion-XX Blaster

Underworld Guardian

Tral-tech Sonic Blaster

Elite Marksman Saboteur

Heavy Repeating Interceptor

Voss Energy Blaster

Grey Helix Blaster

I also know of a bunch of blasters on the PvP Weapon vendor that you don't have listed. I can buy and demo these weapons as well:

F-9 Elite Stealth Enforcer

K-313 Riot Blaster

K-411 Scout Blaster

K-53 Rotary Disruptor

Privateer's Pistol

Roguish Holdout Blaster

Underworld Blaster

V-211 Rampage Interceptor

Z-311 Particle Beam Shrieker

Z-311 Sonic Blaster Pistol

I have at least 13 blaster's that aren't on your channel:

Outrunner's D-88 Blaster Pistol

Athiss Sawbones's Blaster Pistol - That's what it says in the tooltip!

Cademimu Spec Ops Blaster Pistol

Clan Varad Scoundrel's Blaster Pistol

Hammer Outrunner's Blaster Pistol

Watchman Blaster

Voss Holdout Sidearm

Ion-XX Blaster

Underworld Guardian

Tral-tech Sonic Blaster

Elite Marksman Saboteur

Heavy Repeating Interceptor

Voss Energy Blaster

Grey Helix Blaster

I also know of a bunch of blasters on the PvP Weapon vendor that you don't have listed. I can buy and demo these weapons as well:

F-9 Elite Stealth Enforcer

K-313 Riot Blaster

K-411 Scout Blaster

K-53 Rotary Disruptor

Privateer's Pistol

Roguish Holdout Blaster

Underworld Blaster

V-211 Rampage Interceptor

Z-311 Particle Beam Shrieker

Z-311 Sonic Blaster Pistol

Most of those that arent from PvP vendors are republic side blasters. I havent leveled up my smuggler yet, so i dont have most of those, but i will soon enough (Yay for Double XP weekends)

The main thing is the PvP blasters tho. Since i dont like PvP and dont do it much, i calculated that i would have to play something like 1000 matches to afford just the blaster pistols on the Empire side, not to mention the rifles, snipers and cannons.

Could you make the videos somewhat similar to mine? If you could that would be perfect :)

Id put your videos up as guest appearances then and i could link to your youtube account or credit you with your in-game name if you wish.

Edited by OddballEasyEight