Same-faction violence on Ilum. How will your guild handle this?

NwahsNirom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw look some white knight bad I've probably beat up a billion times.

i was saying quin was a fail but since you didnt understand that, I can now call you one to :D...xerain=FAIL

and i dont know if you beat me or not. your stupid tourny fell through :mad:

ps, who the hell would call anyone a fail over quin?

Edited by ForsakenKing

As a personal policy, I am happy with waiting in line alongside my fellow Republic players. That's fine with me. We Pubs need to stick together through thick and thin.

But the instant an Imp appears, I am going to try and kill him. Other Pubs should do the same (and for that matter, imps should also be killing pubs).

I'm not in a guild so i'll just join random groups but i'll say it was fun. When i was with a grp that was just trying to kill people and turn in the orbs it was fun, and when i later joined a group (cause the first one already had some credit when I joined so it disbanded before i finished) that just wanted to turn in orbs it was fun killing the people doing what I was helping to do earlier. Edited by Evil_Me

i was saying quin was a fail but since you didnt understand that, I can now call you one to :D...xerain=FAIL

and i dont know if you beat me or not. your stupid tourny fell through :mad:

ps, who the hell would call anyone a fail over quin?

oh god dammit. I didn't play in the tourny :p

I don't have a guild and I expect I'll get farmed/ganked while doing the daily, but to me it's funny when you see certain people/guilds avoid and/or run away in a 1v1 or even 2v1 situations but once they get a full group it's testosterone overload (or maybe it's just estrogen kicking in from all the sugar).

And a thank you to people that have helped me a couple of times when I've been in a sticky situation.

Can't agree more. Couldn't believe this was actually happening on a PVP server. People were a bit upset when we broke up "The line"....

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11t9x5u&s=6

this is a smashers dream. We should organize a 4-man smash crew, and each just just in different areas of the line and start smashing. coordinate it right, and you could have massive destruction and qqing in global in minutes. Heck, event just causing mayhem with the line to get them out of order would cause epic qq in global..

this is a smashers dream. We should organize a 4-man smash crew, and each just just in different areas of the line and start smashing. coordinate it right, and you could have massive destruction and qqing in global in minutes. Heck, event just causing mayhem with the line to get them out of order would cause epic qq in global..

In theory this would be hilarious, but all those orbs blow up as soon as they die. So as long as you dont mind suiciding while smashing, I would love to see the results. A bunch of coordinated ranged aoes would also be good.

Guys we should all sit in a circle, hold hands, have a campfire, and sing kumbayah. Don't let a little thing like FFA pvp in southern ilum ruin the close bonds we have built over the last year! I bet if we got together, formed a line, held hands that we could carebear stare all the evil people away!

Heh for old times sake we should have us a pvp event in the old abandoned republic base in the far south. We can fight around the eternal torch flame and remember the good old times:P

In theory this would be hilarious, but all those orbs blow up as soon as they die. So as long as you dont mind suiciding while smashing, I would love to see the results. A bunch of coordinated ranged aoes would also be good.

i do this on my GS with xs freighter flyby (no one wants to lose there place in line so they just stand there lol). only takes 2, maybe 3 kills to cause a chain reaction. it is BEAUtiful. first time i did it, some in gen chat thought that the devs destroyed their line. that was hilarious.

Guys we should all sit in a circle, hold hands, have a campfire, and sing kumbayah.

I can make a campfire :)

Edited by ForsakenKing

i do this on my GS with xs freighter flyby (no one wants to lose there place in line so they just stand there lol). only takes 2, maybe 3 kills to cause a chain reaction. it is BEAUtiful. first time i did it, some in gen chat thought that the devs destroyed their line. that was hilarious.

I can make a campfire :)

What I've been doing on my assassin, is sticking to stealth and then at the last moment when the first guy in line is about to cap, I pull him to the back of the line then proceed to kill him as fast as possible, to cause a chain reaction and whatnot. Often what happens is that the next person is line tries to cap instead, and people don't like that either, so all hell breaks loose. It's glorious.

what i've been doing on my assassin, is sticking to stealth and then at the last moment when the first guy in line is about to cap, i pull him to the back of the line then proceed to kill him as fast as possible, to cause a chain reaction and whatnot. Often what happens is that the next person is line tries to cap instead, and people don't like that either, so all hell breaks loose. It's glorious.

lol!!! Nice

Yeah it's kinda hard for *******es to stop jumping in and attackign people. But naw the tourny got done :p you just didn't hear about it. Like SUPER SECRET.

Since i signed up for it, i did know about it. sadly, i was travelling that day so group didnt make it :(

the results are definitely super uber down low secret.

Edited by ForsakenKing

The Art of Warfare (TAW) hasn't adopted any particular policy because its more complex than just adopting one method of PvP.

I personally see it this way:

1) It's a Free for All PvP Zone and therefore all who participate should prepare for anything

2) That point 1 is an objective reality and can't be changed all methods of dealing are acceptable

3) This essentially means: those who kill people getting orbs are right in doing so because its PvP AND those who form lines and then kill all who interfere with the line are also right because they are engaging in PvP by other means.

What is BS and what guilds should go after are the people who want to argue a black and white perspective on the matter. Those who say: "if you don't want PvP why are you on a PvP server" or "line forming is not PvP." These are not arguments, in fact they are excuses that attempt to justify only using one method in the FFA zone. So people who say believe this are actually not fully appreciating what world PvP is all about they only want one simple way when reality allows for multiple ways of accomplishing the goal.

Edited by mrklove

The Art of Warfare (TAW) hasn't adopted any particular policy because its more complex than just adopting one method of PvP.

I personally see it this way:

1) It's a Free for All PvP Zone and therefore all who participate should prepare for anything

2) That point 1 is an objective reality and can't be changed all methods of dealing are acceptable

3) This essentially means: those who kill people getting orbs are right in doing so because its PvP AND those who form lines and then kill all who interfere with the line are also right because they are engaging in PvP by other means.

What is BS and what guilds should go after are the people who want to argue a black and white perspective on the matter. Those who say: "if you don't want PvP why are you on a PvP server" or "line forming is not PvP." These are not arguments, in fact they are excuses that attempt to justify only using one method in the FFA zone. So people who say believe this are actually not fully appreciating what world PvP is all about they only want one simple way when reality allows for multiple ways of accomplishing the goal.

So you want lines and not pvp? I get what you are saying about it being a FFA zone and "anything goes" in it (including lines), but if its a FFA zone and I dont want to wait in line, why should I not attack the line? Good for you wanting to get the daily done. I like to get it done to, but I would rather kill people while doing it... It's just funny that people cry about pvp in the pvp area. If you dont like pvp why did you come to a pvp server...

Edited by ImmortalLeoman

Firestorm has no set policy. Hell we have no policies or rules to speak of except 1. Must be in mumble for guild events...even that is sometimes not enforced.

my personal philosophy on Illum..

If you attack one of my guildmates or groupmates, you die

If you are competing with me for an objective, you die.

If i remember you as a whiny crybaby, or smacktalker from Wz's, you die.

If your in a guild that normally queues with 2 smahers and 2 bubblestuns for wz's, your cheesy arse deserves to die.

If we are actively trying to control middle, and you come to the middle, you die.

otherwise, ill probably walk on by. hell i might even help you kill your npcs.

I'm usually for red = dead, but I have some exceptions.

I don't attack people outside the dome while I'm line crushing and I don't gank too bad equipped people more than once because it's way to boring, same for ganking one guy with 4 ppl more than once, that's not worth it.