Loot from HM FP

Lycor

Hey,

So what do I do with a loot I got from a HM FP, that I already have?

I can't mail it to anyone cause it says it's bound to me.

But it has a timer clock saying "This item will be bound indefinitly in xxxxx hours". If it's already bound to me, why does it have a timer?

you have 2 hours to exchange it with someone in your group who was also there when the item dropped.

The timer was put in place for people who by accident roll on an item and win it over someone else who really needed it. So now you can trade it back to the other person.

you have 2 hours to exchange it with someone in your group who was also there when the item dropped.

The timer was put in place for people who by accident roll on an item and win it over someone else who really needed it. So now you can trade it back to the other person.

Ah, thanks for clearing that !! But here's the thing: I was the only one in the group who "needed" it cause the other guys don't use Willpower, so it's useless to them.

I can't RE it cause I used an alt with a different crafting skill than the loot.

I can't even put it on one of my companions.

What else can I do with it? Sell it for 3500 credits to a vendor? (that's the price he's giving me)

Is there another option that I'm not seeing?

Ah, thanks for clearing that !! But here's the thing: I was the only one in the group who "needed" it cause the other guys don't use Willpower, so it's useless to them.

I can't RE it cause I used an alt with a different crafting skill than the loot.

I can't even put it on one of my companions.

What else can I do with it? Sell it for 3500 credits to a vendor? (that's the price he's giving me)

Is there another option that I'm not seeing?

If it's a moddable item, you can extract the mods, and then:

- put them in some piece of your gear that may have outdated mods

- put them in your companion's gear - the Enhancement at least does not have primary stat, so it's more likely that someone on your crew can use it

- if you have, or plan to have, another level 50 Willpower user (or character with a Willpower-using companion), you can get a Legacy bound piece of gear, put the mods in it, and mail it to your other character - even though the mods are bound to you, the BoL piece of gear seems to override this.

If none of the above is true, then yeah, you cna only sell it to a vendor. 3500 cred isn't a lot, but every bit helps. ;)

If none of the above is true, then yeah, you cna only sell it to a vendor. 3500 cred isn't a lot, but every bit helps. ;)

None of the above was true, so I guess I'll have to ....aarrrggghhh....sell a purple waist armor for 3500 credits.

Thanks anyway.

If it's a moddable item, you can extract the mods, and then:

- if you have, or plan to have, another level 50 Willpower user (or character with a Willpower-using companion), you can get a Legacy bound piece of gear, put the mods in it, and mail it to your other character - even though the mods are bound to you, the BoL piece of gear seems to override this.

Does this also negate the level lock on the mods? Could I stick level 50 mods into a piece of Legacy bound gear and then hand it off to a lower level alt?

as far as I know it does not negate the mod level requirement (i.e. your level 10 character cannot use a legacy orange shell with level 50 mods. They will be greyed out / inactive).

I have no idea why Kurgannazzir confirms it works, maybe things have changed in the last few weeks.

Edited by Oggthebase

I was looking into this last night as I have won (via greed rolls) a couple of pieces of Rakata / Columni that my main cannot use, but an alt can.

I went to check out the cost of the legacy armor and it is a bit expensive. 50 - 250k a piece.

So, this gave me a question. Can you buy one piece (doesn't matter for what class) and put mods into it from any armor that you stripped and send this on to your alt? Or do you need to essentially have 1 piece for each slot to ensure the armor mod will 'fit'?

If it is option 2, then are you again restricted to making sure you have all the legacy armor for all the classes? OR is the restriction not that tight? i.e. If I have a SI leg piece, do I have to put it in a SI legacy leg armor? Or can it go in a SW leg armor?

Then across factions opens up a bigger can of worms.

Does this also negate the level lock on the mods? Could I stick level 50 mods into a piece of Legacy bound gear and then hand it off to a lower level alt?

You can send it to them, however the level of the mods still applies. Your alt won't be able to equip it till their level catches up.

as far as I know it does not negate the mod level requirement (i.e. your level 10 character cannot use a legacy orange shell with level 50 mods. They will be greyed out / inactive).

I have no idea why Kurgannazzir confirms it works, maybe things have changed in the last few weeks.

Obviously you can't slot the items if they are above your level, but you can use the method to send the items to your other characters at which point they can pull the mods and store them for when the level up. I probably misread the question and thought they were asking just about sending, not slotting and that's why I answered the way I did (lack of sleep, my bad).

Edited by KurganNazzir

I was looking into this last night as I have won (via greed rolls) a couple of pieces of Rakata / Columni that my main cannot use, but an alt can.

I went to check out the cost of the legacy armor and it is a bit expensive. 50 - 250k a piece.

So, this gave me a question. Can you buy one piece (doesn't matter for what class) and put mods into it from any armor that you stripped and send this on to your alt? Or do you need to essentially have 1 piece for each slot to ensure the armor mod will 'fit'?

If it is option 2, then are you again restricted to making sure you have all the legacy armor for all the classes? OR is the restriction not that tight? i.e. If I have a SI leg piece, do I have to put it in a SI legacy leg armor? Or can it go in a SW leg armor?

Then across factions opens up a bigger can of worms.

It doesn't matter which class, but the armorings from Tionese+ gear ARE slot specific. The one exception is offhand shield armorings. Those will fit any piece, including belts and bracers. :D

You can even send legacy bound gear across faction, provided you didn't pick a long gibberish name even you can't remember how to spell...

Obviously, your Sage won't be able to wear Sorcerer gear, but the mods will work.

There was also a new twist added with the last world event. If you bought the blasters or sand people armor, it is legacy bound. The SP armor and the set from the Rakgoul event last spring are NOT class specific, so it can be passed around and worn by anyone and even companions.

The blasters still require the appropriate weapon skill to wield. And they will not accept Hilts, so there is still no way to transfer saber hilts across legacy. :mad: