Outlaw's Den + HK-51 quest = Open PvP

Rendolphe

Ah good old PVP servers. People get bored so they decide to make the game crappy for everyone around them. Way to be a bad *** killing people just trying to do a quest 1v3, Then you actually post a video of it... Bravo. Things like this are why PVP servers get a bad rep, a handful of tards... err turds...

Ummmm. I guess you missed the entire point of Outlaw's Den and the vendor being there, huh? I guess you thought they put it there so people can stand around the campfire toasting marshmallows, singing He's Got the Whole World in His Hands? :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i salute you sir you are doing what open world pvp is ganking and killing the unsuspecting and weak for you own ain which is what open world pvp is. keep on doing it if your really mad about it get a bigger group pretty sure they can win 10 v3

Ummmm. I guess you missed the entire point of Outlaw's Den and the vendor being there, huh? I guess you thought they put it there so people can stand around the campfire toasting marshmallows, singing He's Got the Whole World in His Hands? :rolleyes:

People have been in general chat complaining about this on ShadowLands. Look the part is in a open world PVP location. It does not matter that you are on a PVE server this location as teh warning tells you as you enter is open world. If you don't want to get killed get a group and go in together. Spamming General chat that you are reporting the world because you got killed in a open world PVP location is not only pointless they put the part there for a reason, same as back durning the first event and they put a WB there that everyone needed.

I see no difference in killing one lone guy there from killing a guy in huttball that is away from his team.

For all those that are talking about ganking and griefing.. PoT5 is a pvp server so those ideals don't apply. Thats what being on a pvp server is all about.

Doesn't matter if its an 'honorable' 1v1 or other even number combos.

The pvp server description is pretty clear.

If you didn't want that kind of interaction with other players you shouldn't be on pvp servers.

As for this happening on PvE servers... Go complain in the general discuss thread.

Yeah, awesome "open pvp" by griefing a bunch of people who dont want to pvp. What a tool.

It's a PvP server. This is why a PvP server is fun.

I also don't see the OP claiming it took skill - but that OPvP is alive and happening. If people don't bring friends, they're going to get ganked.

Edited by Jaiyne

Since when is pvp supposed to be honorable? When is anyone on the Empire supposed to be? Really I still see it no different than someone jumping into a warzone in PVE gear (yeah it still happens) or trying to hold a door on his own. You go into a World PVP area expect to get attacked on PVE servers and even more so on PVP servers if you are going to cry about it than read the message and don't go in or get off a PVP server.

Get a group put on your PVP gear (you should have at least Recuit since they gave it too you) and go get the part. If you get ganked you will not be alone, when you spawn at the med center group up. Running back in alone is only going to gank you again. We grouped up tonight to take the jawa back from some republic toons who were camping, they killed us we killed them it was great fun. What open World PVP should be.

Yes, the new griefing hub.

Took hours for people to get to the vendor who don't want to PvP. I PvP in WZ's a lot when I get hte free time, but for myself and a lot of others, we just wanted to HK parts. After a couple of hours we finally got the vendor but the griefers are not something to welcome.

People like you really make it hard to establish any kind of open pvp in any game...

Youre calling them griefers when all they did was pvp in a pvp zone? Really?

I was looking for fights in the same area back when there was the chest spawn that actually yielded some relatively decent amount of tokens, so I can understand that for most people it was just about getting something out of it, because even then people would just try to run away instead of fight. But this is a designated pvp zone and if you cant face it, then dont go there. But dont come to the forums moaning about being griefed there...

That's not PvP. tis just straight griefing.

honestly BW shouldn't have put the part in there on pve servers all it's done is led to massive camping.

*shrugs*

I think they should put some type of objectives in the den for pvp though. the current go find it quest just isn't enough to make people go there and stay there.

And you KNOW that they are there just for the quest, and not to pvp, and that makes you a griefer and a tool. A bad design decision doesnt excuse poor and childish behaviour. Grow up. Now excuse me while I shed a tear because you cant find "Open PVP" without harassing people. May I suggest, in the mean time, something like call of duty...

Did you miss his comment of, 'the devs set outlaws den as a destination for a reason' the first time around?

You're probably on of those derps who 1vs1 off in the corner in warzones, aren't ya?

:rolleyes:

There's no such thing as a fair fight. Outnumbering the enemy and using focus fire are the best PvP tactics in this game.

Actually I liked Ilum World PvP even though every day the Imperials could field 3 times the people we had. Apart from the crappy performance and the general uselessness of melee in such situations. We still have some organized Ilum PvP events believe it or not but they are usually short because way more Imperials show up than Republic players and they leave after the first clash, when they realize that they can't kill us.

The first time I tried to get to the vendor on my Guardian, there were 6 Imperials sitting around the Jawa. I thought they wouldn't attack me 6v1 or would only attack after I had a chance to buy the piece but no. Charged on sight and killed. Went in twice more and the same thing happened. "No problem" I thought, I'd ask for some help in General and after twenty minutes of asking/coercing/begging all I got was "Dude, stop spamming in general." "Dude, take your PvP problems to a PvP server." No one was interested in helping out, so I just did the other parts and waited a few hours for the Imperials to go away.

Next day, when I went there to help my friend, I saw one of the guys who caused so much annoyance the day before and my mind just boiled, so we proceeded to beat the **** **** out the poor guy. I guess he called for help because 2 minutes later a billion Imps charged down the hill and killed us. Again, I asked for help in general, again got "stop spamming, no one wants to fight stupid Imperials". It's pretty hard to enjoy OWPvP if no one wants to come to help you out.

I wish there was some unique reward for Open World PVP to entice more people to participate.

EDIT: But today morning, when I went there again. I saw like 15 people (Reps and Imps alike) all merrily scanning the ground not two meters from each other. I said come on you have 7v8, pretty close start fighting! No, they continued to scan the ground peacefully. (Which I don't even get....aren't you supposed to buy the piece from the vendor? Can you unearth it as well, there?)

Edited by CommanderKeeva

EDIT: But today morning, when I went there again. I saw like 15 people (Reps and Imps alike) all merrily scanning the ground not two meters from each other. I said come on you have 7v8, pretty close start fighting! No, they continued to scan the ground peacefully. (Which I don't even get....aren't you supposed to buy the piece from the vendor? Can you unearth it as well, there?)

You cannot expect Open PvP event just because the ''factor'' are there. You need a catalysis.

All theses Reps and Imps looking at each others and not attacking are dead wood. Put some gaz on it and set the fire. Then you will have some fight. You need some emotions to create this kind of event. You have to create the feeling that they want to leave their REWARD quest and run after your group because they are pissed off or just because they seek justice. The Dev make an effort to put some REWARD quest inside there. They can't force people to kill each others. The open PvP depend on the community of players you have. PoT5 is a PvP server and I expect a PvP behavior from it.

So if you take a look back to the video, the cataysis is us killing every Red encounter that we see. Rep or Imp blood have the same taste. After few minutes if you have the patience you start to see some 3 v 3, 3 v 4, 3 v 6 and so on.

I think few of the complains I had on this thread miss the real message of this video. Open PvP is alive when you are trying things. We had dishonorable fight, but it was a necessity ...

For all those that are talking about ganking and griefing.. PoT5 is a pvp server so those ideals don't apply. Thats what being on a pvp server is all about.

^ This.

But people have been so turned off to OW-PvP they don't want to bother anymore. Some do, but the majority see it as a barrier to getting dailies done, etc. Maybe if OW-PvP had rewards....

On a PvE server, people really have a point - especially if they are not a stealth class. What totally sucks is that the med probe timer keeps going up, so you're looking at waiting 10 frigging minutes by your third death, and the vendor is all the way at the other end from the spawn. If you have the HK quest, med probe time in Outlaw's Den should stay at 30 seconds. Then at least you could die your way to the vendor.

There is a lot of PvP in the new area on Belsavis...at least on my server :)! I love it!!!!

Haha, this too. I look forward to doing the Area 2+ on a weekly basis (Section X is too large, annoying to get around in, and quests too long for me to want to go there more than once a week. Sorry, Black Hole on Corellia spoiled me).

Look I am all for open world PvP which is why I rolled on a PvP server. Open world PvP is fun...when it is fair and competitive. There is nothing fun about beating someone who has absolutely no chance at winning. In a warzone this happens quite a bit, IE 6 people fighting 2 people at a node and usually this results in a loss of a point because these two people had to die by the hand of 6 players that while this was happening the rest of the other team was smashing the other side.

Sounds like the Pot5 folks had just as much fun as the Bastion over the weekend.

We had fun camping the Jawa with great effect. We charged people 75k to access him.

As a result, entire Raids were formed to try and remove us. Eventually they'd break through and get it because a RWZ would pop or people would get bored and not enough people would be there to defend it at times.

But it was a great relief to see the Developers had the notion to put the Jawa in Outlaw's den.

It fostered some awesome Open world PvP objectives. Hadn't seen such quality open world battles since the Rakghoul event and killing the Bantha wold boss there in the same location.

What I cannot fathom is the avalanche of tears from all the PvErs. The sense of entitlement they have is outstanding.

Why for hte life of me, would a PvEr roll on a PvP server, to then turn around and whine about things not being "Fair" is kind of insulting. Nerds will always be nerds I guess.

WARNING: This is a group Free-for-all zone. Any player outside of your group can attack you.

I thought all the open world from the HK-51 quests was awesome... especially with everyone running around in PvE gear while I smash on em for 7K a piece. :D

Me and a healer were taking on groups of up to 5... I was rolling over laughing cuz I KNOW they thought they were ganking me.

Try throwing some expertise on before ganking someone PvE'ers. ;)

Outlaw's Den actually has some solid potential for sandbox PvP fun. People have already run tournaments and things in the arena. You could also do a King of the Hill sort of thing where a team of players defends the portion of the map on the hill or a Vendor.

The only problem with OD is that it is sort of out of the way. My Mains unlocked the Travel Legacy to OD so they can get there pretty easy. Getting there is a bit of a hassle though for others.

only made 150k though. The real reward was seeing Raids of 24 people come try to wipe out the 8 of us while waiting for RWZ pops.

I couldn't stop laughing at being attacked my so many PvE'ers... 0 expertise and every class possible face tanking me.

It's why I do my dailies in PvP gear... my e-peen grew 10 sizes that day.