[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Excellent resource...Thank you guys for taking the time to put this together.

It's 4 am here and Ive been up since 10 am yesterday so all the replies are running together. So the question I'm going to ask may have already been asked / answered.

Im a 50 lvl sent., artificer.

What Id like to know is, can I craft enhancements in non linear tree. I know I can craft, a green, blue, and purple fortitude 3 enhancement but can I get multiple schematics (different variations) for green and blue and purple for that fort 3 enhancement?

No, only equippable items (items you can put directly onto your character) follow the prefix path. Mods follow the linear path.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends, if its the vibroknife schematic(3 type of world drops). Vibroknives are bugged in any version and can't be RE'd. Also Scatterguns can't be RE'd

If its a Rifle/Cannon/Pistol/Vibrosword/Electrostaff then most definately it can be RE'd. I have them all and RE'd them all from woprld drops.

Thanks for the clarification. If it stars out blue it can be re to purple 1 and then again purple 2

I don't have the link atm, but BW has stated that RE (and crafting in general) isn't working as intended and have some changes posted in the near future. My guess is the March patch, but we shall see.

It was a dev response in the previous weeks' Q/A (not the current one) under community that did indeed confirm all of the above sans a date. The problem is particularly prevalent at higher levels. IIRC

I may be missing something but what happens when an equippable item starts as a blue item from the trainer or a schematic i.e. there never was a green item RE'ed to yield a

blue (redoubt.overkill/critical) learned schematic

I have been getting my artifice level up and I was making resolve hilt 15 and I can make blue ones. How do I become able to make pink ones? Do I have to reverse engineer the blue's to be able to craft the pink ones? (btw im color blind so when I say pink it might be purple lol)

I have been getting my artifice level up and I was making resolve hilt 15 and I can make blue ones. How do I become able to make pink ones? Do I have to reverse engineer the blue's to be able to craft the pink ones? (btw im color blind so when I say pink it might be purple lol)

(It is purple ;))

Yes, you craft the and reverse engineer the blue ones to get the next level up....

I may be missing something but what happens when an equippable item starts as a blue item from the trainer or a schematic i.e. there never was a green item RE'ed to yield a

blue (redoubt.overkill/critical) learned schematic

Hi Glimmerstrike,

The starting colour is irrelevant.

Green > Tier 1 (Blue) > Tier 2 (Purple)

Blue > Tier 1 (Purple) > Tier 2 (Purple)

The Tier 1 & 2 Prefixes are identical in their progression and bonuses

In my experience, Blue starting schematics are slightly better (for that level) than greens, but I am not aware of any other difference

Regards

Wolf

- ?????? (+Defense, +Alacrity) (This is the missing Tier 2 Prefix)

The tier-2 name is also Redoubt.

Redoubt (+Defense, +Alacrity) ** comes from drop recipe blue items with +alacrity

To verify this, buy or otherwise come across a blue item recipe that has stats with Alacrity. I used the blue blaster: lvl 39 Particle Beam Saboteur -> RE -> learned purple recipe "Redoubt Particle Beam Saboteur" (Adds 32 defense, increases tech power by 59, also +26min dmg and +48 max dmg). I haven't RE'd the purple one because I still don't know if legendary quality items are possible through REs.

- ?????? (+Defense, +Alacrity) (This is the missing Tier 2 Prefix)

The tier-2 name is also Redoubt.

Redoubt (+Defense, +Alacrity) ** comes from drop recipe blue items with +alacrity

To verify this, buy or otherwise come across a blue item recipe that has stats with Alacrity. I used the blue blaster: lvl 39 Particle Beam Saboteur -> RE -> learned purple recipe "Redoubt Particle Beam Saboteur" (Adds 32 defense, increases tech power by 59, also +26min dmg and +48 max dmg). I haven't RE'd the purple one because I still don't know if legendary quality items are possible through REs.

Redoubt is a T1 prefix.

T1 prefixes Can be Blue if coming from a green item.

T1 prefixes Can be Purple if coming from a blue item.

T2 prefix will have come from RE'ing a Redoubt, Critical, or Overkill item

If the item already has alacrity, You will get more alacrity on the item when you RE the Redoubt item and will have a new name that we havent found yet because its broken. Plus it will also carry a [superior] tag at the end of the name, or [Mastercraft] if it has an aug slot.

Edited by Necodreus

IC, so the tier-2 in these cases will be purple as well. I'll play around with a bunch of RE's and see what happens.

Yah should have said that as well haha, T2 Will be purple in both cases. As far as anyone knows there is no legenary items at this time able to be made by players.

They really need to change the whole green/blue/purple Blue/purple/purple item thing confuses way more people than it helps... or come up with a new color or something.

Edited by Necodreus

Hi Glimmerstrike,

The starting colour is irrelevant.

Green > Tier 1 (Blue) > Tier 2 (Purple)

Blue > Tier 1 (Purple) > Tier 2 (Purple)

The Tier 1 & 2 Prefixes are identical in their progression and bonuses

In my experience, Blue starting schematics are slightly better (for that level) than greens, but I am not aware of any other difference

Regards

Wolf

to elaborate on this a little:

which implies that at the very least, dropped schematics still follow the rules found here regardless of whether they started as green or blue schematics.

also, a schematic dropped for me in eternity vault last night that creates a bind on equip item (yay!), but again, i'm unsure if this would follow the same rules. i would like to believe it does (which would make crafting somewhat worthwhile) however the mats to make it are both inordinately rare, and expensive, so again finding a big enough sample size for a definitive answer will be hard.

Edited by Almghty_gir

I don't know if this has been pointed out before. I was RE'ing implants last night, specifically the Overkill Nano-optic Resolve implant. I have already discovered the Rampart T-2 prefix however, being a Sorcerer that's less than ideal so I have continued RE'ing the Overkill in hopes of getting something more useful like the Expert T-2 prefix. Apparently it is possible to discover a schematic that you already know giving the message "You have already learned that schematic". I don't know if it's a bug or intended but if it is intended, that's a pretty harsh mechanic on something that takes RE'ing 40+ blues to discover.

I don't know if this has been pointed out before. I was RE'ing implants last night, specifically the Overkill Nano-optic Resolve implant. I have already discovered the Rampart T-2 prefix however, being a Sorcerer that's less than ideal so I have continued RE'ing the Overkill in hopes of getting something more useful like the Expert T-2 prefix. Apparently it is possible to discover a schematic that you already know giving the message "You have already learned that schematic". I don't know if it's a bug or intended but if it is intended, that's a pretty harsh mechanic on something that takes RE'ing 40+ blues to discover.

It's been pointed out in this very thread, actually.

I am a tank who learned first the General's (+Presence) T2 prefix of Redoubt Hyperaccelerated Shield Generator, and after that I started counting how many attempts I had made to learn the one I really wanted (Veracity).

In the end, I've learned all T2 prefixes for the Redoubt path, finishing with Veracity on attempt #220, but it was over 160 before I even learned my second T2 prefix, the rest resulting in "You have already learned that schematic."

So, yes, it's an incredibly harsh mechanic, because that's 1320 Primeval Artifact Fragments, 880 Upari Crystals, 880 Lorrdian Gemstones (blue Mission crewskill item), 440 Cortosis Substrates, minus the few you get back for the Reverse Engineering itself, of course.

If any good news can come of it, it's that I quite reliably saw a "try" (either a learn or an "already learned" message) every 20 attempts, for a 5% T2 learn rate. Now, this may fluctuate with recipe level (I was doing top-level gear, and it seems like early stuff is easier to learn), but it's a good benchmark for the most desirable stuff.

Edited by Sorinth

Hey all,

Was curious to know if anyone can confirm whether or not you can unlock anything by Reverse Engineering other players crafted items?

On my server I recently started trying and have figured i've just run across a long series of bad luck. But I haven't been able to find any evidence that you can. I've already run into the 70's range and can't say i've unlocked anything from another players crated item.

These are all from Biochem Implants

Hey all,

Was curious to know if anyone can confirm whether or not you can unlock anything by Reverse Engineering other players crafted items?

On my server I recently started trying and have figured i've just run across a long series of bad luck. But I haven't been able to find any evidence that you can. I've already run into the 70's range and can't say i've unlocked anything from another players crated item.

These are all from Biochem Implants

While it is thought to be possible, it has yet to be proven done.

I hope I am in the right threat here (Sorry if not)

Hi everyone,

I am currently maxing out my cybernatics crew skill and stumbled upon not being able to RE the Granades (lvl 40 consumable).

Is that intendional or a bug? Do other crew skills have similar not-RE-able items? (I have a biochem-gal on another server).

Also: s.o. told me that the crafting tables (workbenches - or however they are called) don't have any use / are leftover from beta (or whatever) and we don't need them for anything.

True or bull****?

Thanks in advance

Hope you have a great day.

KJ

I am currently maxing out my cybernatics crew skill and stumbled upon not being able to RE the Granades (lvl 40 consumable).

Is that intendional or a bug? Do other crew skills have similar not-RE-able items? (I have a biochem-gal on another server).

I don't know if it's intentional or a bug. I listed it as bug in my crew skill bug list. Their tooltips say they can be RE'ed but they can't.

Also: s.o. told me that the crafting tables (workbenches - or however they are called) don't have any use / are leftover from beta (or whatever) and we don't need them for anything.

True or bull****?

True. They were used in beta for extracting and putting in mods into customizable items. In live this can now also be done by simply right-clicking those items. The developers hinted that they were thinking of ways to make those tables useful again, in what way they didn't say.