Why not all Offhands?

Tragamite

Anyone wonder why Armstech wasn't given all offhand items? I mean to me it kinda makes sense that they would make shields and generators. Artificers have a lot to craft with Enhancments, Crystals, Relics and Hilts and Armstech is really a low end crafting profession. Is there anyway they could possibly get this tranfered? I bet it would make Armstech at least slightly more appealing!

Anyone wonder why Armstech wasn't given all offhand items? I mean to me it kinda makes sense that they would make shields and generators. Artificers have a lot to craft with Enhancments, Crystals, Relics and Hilts and Armstech is really a low end crafting profession. Is there anyway they could possibly get this tranfered? I bet it would make Armstech at least slightly more appealing!

They make weapons. Why would it make sense that they make generators and shields? It would seem like cybertech would make such devices, and MAYBE armortech would make shields as a sensible thing too... But arms? Not.

Armstech does make off-hand items -- items that happen to be weapons. They make scatterguns. They make vibroknives. And for Mercs and Gunslingers, the blaster pistols they make can be used off-hand. They make the off-hands appropriate to their skill. To say they should make all off-hands would be the same as saying cybertech should make all item mods or armormech should make all armor, even for force users. Edited by finelinebob