A plea to the devs for a better community

PLEASE let us be able to go back into hard flashpoints and operations more than once a week. Just lock us on loot only. This is so frustrating trying to help guild members and having people left out cause we have 2 over the full amount or other various reasons. Loot lock not door lock please!

nobody agrees with this? I think it's ridiculous that mmos at this point still use this archaic system of locking doors not loot. Came from DCUO and it was really nice to be able to run stuff more than once for guild members to have a chance to get loot that didn't run with main groups, the leftovers are left out T.T

I think its a non issue at best and destructive to the game experience of the people you think need your help.

This content is fine to run without some high level with an overblown sense of heroism running through the missions taking all the fun and sense of accomplishment out of every kill or story.

No thanks dude, I like it the way it is.

I think its a non issue at best and destructive to the game experience of the people you think need your help.

This content is fine to run without some high level with an overblown sense of heroism running through the missions taking all the fun and sense of accomplishment out of every kill or story.

No thanks dude, I like it the way it is.

Uh, did you not read what I wrote? Say you have 12 members in your guild at 50 for operations, 8 run through, the other 4 are left out and we can't get them through at the moment cause we don't have more 50s, how is this high level powerleveling?

Edited by DragoVaughn

ahh I misread that. you are talking about the small party limit?

I believe he is talking about the fact that level fifties can only run one operation per week due to the lockout. If you have twelve members that are level fifty and only eight of them can run per week, it prevents the other four from running with the rest of the guild.

I personally think it's not an issue right now anyways; the lockout is meant to prevent people from getting BIS-gear in a couple of days. The game started less than a week ago, I think that people just need to be patient.

Edited by Virheilm

I believe he is talking about the fact that level fifties can only run one operation per week due to the lockout.

Yeah, it's the fact we can't help out the leftovers in our guild run it after one group goes through all 8 of them are now locked for the week and the leftover members, if there isn't another 8, get shafted and feel bad since they weren't in the other group.

In dcuo we would run raids 2 or 3 times again for other members that weren't part of static groups due to varying availabilities. Members that already ran it once that week were just loot locked, which is the way all mmos should go so they can promote helping guildies. Like I said before, this system is archaic. Even lotro stopped doing that.

PLEASE let us be able to go back into hard flashpoints and operations more than once a week. Just lock us on loot only. This is so frustrating trying to help guild members and having people left out cause we have 2 over the full amount or other various reasons. Loot lock not door lock please!

Don't flash points reset every day instead of every week?

Yeah, it's the fact we can't help out the leftovers in our guild run it after one group goes through all 8 of them are now locked for the week and the leftover members, if there isn't another 8, get shafted and feel bad since they weren't in the other group.

In dcuo we would run raids 2 or 3 times again for other members that weren't part of static groups due to varying availabilities. Members that already ran it once that week were just loot locked, which is the way all mmos should go so they can promote helping guildies. Like I said before, this system is archaic. Even lotro stopped doing that.

You gear up way too fast if you dont have a weekly lockout, it forces every serious raid guild to run each raid 32+ times every week which is just way too much burnout.

Player 1 + 15 lootlocked players

Player 1's main alt + 15 lootlocked players

Player 2 + 15 lootlocked players

Player 2s main alt + 15 lootlocked players

Player 3 + 15 lootlocked players

Player 3s main alt + 15 lootlocked players

etc etc...

It just gives vastly too much gear in too short a time if you implement the method you are suggesting.

Loot lock is a good option for this kind of scenario, I agree. SWTOR already favors a lot smaller guilds due to 8 player limits, so this would be the next logical step =)

At some of the other people here: ***, did you even read what he said?

Edited by Mograth

Loot lock is a good option for this kind of scenario, I agree. SWTOR already favors a lot smaller guilds due to 8 player limits, so this would be the next logical step =)

At some of the other people here: ***, did you even read what he said?

Thank you, apparently people can't read, like the one above you, I'm NOT saying let people get loot every time you run it!

Loot lock would be far preferable to door lock. It stops all the same problems, while helping with the issue the OP is experiencing.

Often, guilds only have a couple of members who are designated as "raid coordinators." These people need to be able to go on all raids, or every second/third raid, for the guild. If all of them can only go on 1 raid per week, that means only 16/24 members of your group can raid in a week? Or your guild starts to break up into smaller cliques of 8/16 players, which essentially start to operate independently from each other because they all have their own schedules built around the week-long lockouts.

BioWare should have evaluated their own system, and actually attempted to factor in their smaller raid sizes, instead of just copying WoW. But then, there's a lot of things BioWare should have done instead of just copying WoW.

-Macheath.

1. It's only the first week after launch, wait for people to catch up.

2. Raid without a lockout becomes a job, and it'll burn people out quicker.

3. Not everyone is a hardcore raider.

4. loot lockout is even worse since people raid for loot, I rather get door lock than do stuff without any reward.

5. "loot" is the top incentive for the endgame, what if everyone gets geared out on the first month, and then what.

5. Raid lockout makes u hungry for more raid next week.

6. leading a raid is not the only way to help guildies out, help them gear out for raid while waiting for raid lock out. Do pvp hard flash or something.

I favor raid lockout

BioWare should have evaluated their own system, and actually attempted to factor in their smaller raid sizes, instead of just copying WoW. But then, there's a lot of things BioWare should have done instead of just copying WoW.

-Macheath.

Agree with what you wrote.

I think BW copies a lot of WoW stuff because it works. Not well in many cases, but it does work. Too many MMO's (STO, Warhammer, RIFT) have tried gimmicky solutions to the problem that only cause more issues or fix some to exacerbate others.

I think as time goes on, however, the sheer rage of those affected by what the OP is talking about will necessitate them relooking at this.

1. It's only the first week after launch, wait for people to catch up.

2. Raid without a lockout becomes a job, and it'll burn people out quicker.

3. Not everyone is a hardcore raider.

4. loot lockout is even worse since people raid for loot, I rather get door lock than do stuff without any reward.

5. "loot" is the top incentive for the endgame, what if everyone gets geared out on the first month, and then what.

5. Raid lockout makes u hungry for more raid next week.

6. leading a raid is not the only way to help guildies out, help them gear out for raid while waiting for raid lock out. Do pvp hard flash or something.

I favor raid lockout

This.

Having a loot lockout only is very susceptible to abuse. Top guilds would be farming it constantly to gear their alts, and it would diminish raid attendance due to people having more opportunities to get in. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Love,

Quell <3

I'd much rather see loot lockouts instead of raid lockouts. That was one my biggest complaints with WoW.

Nothing is worst then getting in a bad pug that manages to kill one boss. The rest of the week is now shot because all the other pugs are looking to start at boss #1.

Or... being that one extra guild member who is asked to be on stand by all week because you have too many people signed up for this week's raid

Can the loot lockout be abused a little with alt runs? yes, But I'd rather see that then get locked out from raiding for an entire week of raiding.

and YES, I do raid with my guild for fun. I enjoying the killing of hard stuff vs loot. :)

I'd much rather see loot lockouts instead of raid lockouts. That was one my biggest complaints with WoW.

Nothing is worst then getting in a bad pug that manages to kill one boss. The rest of the week is now shot because all the other pugs are looking to start at boss #1.

Or... being that one extra guild member who is asked to be on stand by all week because you have too many people signed up for this week's raid

Can the loot lockout be abused a little with alt runs? yes, But I'd rather see that then get locked out from raiding for an entire week of raiding.

and YES, I do raid with my guild for fun. I enjoying the killing of hard stuff vs loot. :)

Its not a matter of it being possible to abuse the loot lock feature, its inherent. Lets take your example of 12 guild members and 8 get to run. Lets say there are 4 loot drops that get to be dispersed between the 8. You have a 1:2 drop ratio. Now you run the 2nd time with 4 from teh original raid that are loot locked and the 4 that are not. You now have 4 loot drops and 4 eligible to get loot. You now have a 1:1 drop ratio for those 4. It creates too much of an imbalance.

instead of crying about this and asking BW to hold your hand, try to make an ally guild (omg social happened in an mmo?) and take their leftover 4 with your leftover 4 and run it

this is your legacy...take control of it... :cool: