Legacy level 50 deserves recognition

Icestar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here. Take a voucher for a pat on the back.

You don't deserve anything and it's a gross attitude to expect something for every thing you do.

It's wrong to want something from a reward system that was designed to reward people with perks for doing what you want rewards for doing? That's some special kind of stupid you're rolling with there.

Ok you say we do not deserve anything for reaching legacy level 50

Lets break it down a bit and take a few examples:

I have NINE level 50 characters, I have completed all eight classtories, I have traveled through space, seen most of the planets (including the locked zones for story for certain characters). I am not counting the thousands of hours I have spent in warzones, flashpoints, operations and so on. My knowledge of this game is huge and it is rarely when I can´t answer a quiestion I get ingame correctly. Been there, done that and gladly doing it again!

Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.

Legacy level 50 deserves no more recognition than the use of proper grammar or spelling. Apparently both are equally difficult and rare.

Legacy level 50 deserves no more recognition than the use of proper grammar or spelling. Apparently both are equally difficult and rare.

I didn't realize there was an in-game system to reward players for proper grammar like there is for gaining Legacy experience. Can you please tell me where it is?

The problem we have now is that the system is essentially meaningless past legacy level 25. Imagine, if you will, that they increased the character level cap to 60, but your character didn't gain any more abilities or stats or any other improvements past 50. The only thing that changed was the number next to your character. That would, I think, be a broken progression system, and that's essentially where the legacy system is right now. Every legacy level gained past 25 is presently useless.

Bioware could only benefit from acknowledging those players that has spent alot of time playing.

This is all about positive thinking, unless someone gets jealous but each and every player can reach max leagacy level. There is no exclusion at all.

Edited by Icestar

I recognise that they have no life.. Is that good enough ?

Do you say that to every player that does something extraordinary in a game?

Usually those players are rewarded somehow, look at the successful games like WoW or Starcraft 2 to name a few.

They all acknowledge their most dedicated players with some kind of recognition.

Bioware needs to rethink this and not let legacy fall into something that could have been a success but turned into a failure.

Edited by Icestar

This has been said so many times, and on two of those occasions the Devs have actually responded. It's another "Soon", "We'd like to do that" issue. I've been legacy level 50 for 5-6 months, and it's a source of great irritation that still there isn't the smallest thing to acknowledge it.

I honestly wouldn't hope for anything soon. If a Dev responds to this it'll be a cookie cutter response taken from a template, with the same level of appeasement that they push out through all their communications. The bottom line will be now; why reward the veteran players with exclusive content (even something as small as a title, or a crystal), when you can sell it to everyone in the store for greater revenue.

They aren't prizing those who stayed, they are wanting to find new ways to milk those still to come.

Do you say that to every player that does something extraordinary in a game?

Na, he says that to everyone who plays more then half an hour. How I know? Well look at this guy. Everytime he logs in he tries to continue questing, dies, rages and logs out again. Spent time for every ragequit session he plays: 30mins.

I'd rather just make Legacy levels actually, you know, matter..... After 25-30 its pointless, no more unlocks, no bonus or gains nothing. I wish there were Legacy points (like skill points) that you could spend on unlocks instead of millions of creds.

I agree. The legacy system as it stands feels like a "Congratulations! You have won access to another part of the store where you have to blow all your money to get anything! Don't you feel special now?"

Compare that to, say, Rift's Planar Attunement where xp gets you points, and you spend the points on very minor character upgrades. One's an alternate leveling system, and appealing. The other is just more gating before you can buy convenience unlocks.

The legacy system goes up to 50 so that you can "prelevel", rather than when the next time they add new legacy perks you have to level up to 30. It reduces the amount of xp wasted. They'll update the legacy system with new perks sooner or later, and some of those will require a higher level. Eventually(although probably not for some time since legacy 50 takes a while to reach for the average player) there will be perks and such only purchasable by legacy level 50+ and they'll expand the system so that it can be leveled more.

Compare that to, say, Rift's Planar Attunement where xp gets you points, and you spend the points on very minor character upgrades. One's an alternate leveling system, and appealing. The other is just more gating before you can buy convenience unlocks.

That is actually a good point.

Every game these days "borrows" ideas from other games and tends to improve on them.

How does SWTOR "borrow" ideas and so consistently manage to make them worse?

Legacy, Group Finder, Dailies, GTN....and so on and so on.

Dont say that a legacy 50 player do not deserve recognition for their work, it is by far the greatest achievement in the game.

Ummm no? I agree there should be a reward for legacy level 50 but it's hardly the greatest achievement in the game. I guess a solo only player might consider this so, but people who play the game as an MMO would not. Having the highest ranking PvP score or getting a world first clear of raid content are much superior achievements to legacy level 50 which plenty of people get without trying.

Hate to say this, but you get around 200 legacy xp per kill in ops, its not really that difficult to get to legacy level 50. I only have on lvl 50 and a lvl 46 and my legacy is maxxed. I would like to see a bit more out of the legacy system and im sure they intend to do so, i do however believe this would go straight to powering your epeen.

/signed op. I agree im level39 and played a lot. Anyone at 50 deserves a title or something unique for sure and its far from eliteist its rewarding a loyal player. What would be great is U get the family starship at level 50 legacy. Because your the head of an old established family. They could add a new one and all your chars and their comps hang out there never gonna happen I know but hey.

/signed op. I agree im level39 and played a lot. Anyone at 50 deserves a title or something unique for sure and its far from eliteist its rewarding a loyal player.

You understand exactly what i mean, my intention is not elitist simply something that recognizes us as loyal customers that has played alot of the game.

I would never refuse to answer a question from a new player if I had a special colour to my name that shows that I know my way around this game.

Simply fluff stuff and it is a a win/win situation for everyone since everyone can get there eventually not excluding anyone :tran_cool: