Is it just me or does the OP instant heal work faster than the smugglers?

Individual

I've had an operative healer almost since the start of this game, but currently I'm playing a sumggler healer. I don't know if any of you guys have played both healing classes, but operative instant heal seems like it applies faster to a target verus a smugglers instant heal. I'm thinking it almost has to do something with the annimation. Anyone else notice this?

I've had an operative healer almost since the start of this game, but currently I'm playing a sumggler healer. I don't know if any of you guys have played both healing classes, but operative instant heal seems like it applies faster to a target verus a smugglers instant heal. I'm thinking it almost has to do something with the annimation. Anyone else notice this?

It might be, I was told that initially empire side flat out had better animations, and thus just did things faster, but I wasn't around so I can't confirm this.

It might be, I was told that initially empire side flat out had better animations, and thus just did things faster, but I wasn't around so I can't confirm this.

It's wasn't so much "better" animations (since the quality of an animation is largely subjective) but *faster* animations (though not all of these animation discrepancies between mirror abilities favored the Empire: Mercenary HSM had a travel time whereas Commando Grav Round had negligible travel time). A lot has been done to normalize the travel times on abilities (like Project's animation getting tweaked, Grav Round getting "slowed" down, etc.) so there aren't that many remaining.

Iirc, there is still a difference between Emergency Medpac and Surgical Probe insofar as their animation speed is involved. Emergency Medpac has a travel time where the needle thing fired by the Scoundrel travels to the target to inject the green goodness of healing. Surgical Probe, I recall, just summons a probe right on top of the target and heals them almost immediately. The difference isn't *that* great, from what I can recall, so my guess is that it just wasn't considered to be a big enough problem to be dealt with.

It's wasn't so much "better" animations (since the quality of an animation is largely subjective) but *faster* animations (though not all of these animation discrepancies between mirror abilities favored the Empire: Mercenary HSM had a travel time whereas Commando Grav Round had negligible travel time). A lot has been done to normalize the travel times on abilities (like Project's animation getting tweaked, Grav Round getting "slowed" down, etc.) so there aren't that many remaining.

Iirc, there is still a difference between Emergency Medpac and Surgical Probe insofar as their animation speed is involved. Emergency Medpac has a travel time where the needle thing fired by the Scoundrel travels to the target to inject the green goodness of healing. Surgical Probe, I recall, just summons a probe right on top of the target and heals them almost immediately. The difference isn't *that* great, from what I can recall, so my guess is that it just wasn't considered to be a big enough problem to be dealt with.

Thanks for the clarification, I did indeed mean better to be faster, but yea, that's a much better term to be using!

I completely agree, my 2 mains are an Op and a Scoundrel healer (1 main for each faction as it were) and i actually find the operative healing is far more fluid than the scoundrels. But the insta heal in particular does feel slower on a scoundrel, even if only marginally.