Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

To a certain point I'm in agreement. However what I do find is that the "sexy avatars" work as a good indication of who to avoid in the game.

When I see a stupid guild name, I can avoid the majority of people in it. As a rule stupid guild names have half a dozen people in, easy to avoid.

When I see stupid names then go on ignore. Really don't want to play the same game as these people, so they are on ignore, we don't group, I won't get them in a FP or Ops group.

With the exception of a tiny percentage the "sexy avatar" people are also a good indication of people to avoid. It's not just a realism thing, it's just so stupid seeing some of these characters dressed in this way. I've said in the past that the developers are appealing to a 16-28yr old ***** demographic - if those are the people who are spending the most cash then I can understand why.

Just avoid them - it's what I do.

This ^^ I to must agree to a certain extent there is nothing more ridiculous then getting in a group with a commando in a bikini with no shoes and a big assault cannon on their back. I can tolerate the sexy tops on the jedi and sith but for some reason half naked troopers with assault cannons really annoys me. :p

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, but Bioware can't control how freaks dress. They give players what they ask for, some players dress like weirdos...it's how every game works. Don't blame Bioware for weird people...

Well, they can control it when a gear set applies differently to female characters. In that, chest armour piece that COMPLETELY covers a male exposes the stomach and a lot of cleavage on a woman.

Its not that I mind seeing the above, but there is no choice and it can make some armour sets look ridiculous.

- Arcada

Cmon people..........

Hes trolling and you all are biting.....Hes laughing and you are taking him seriously....

Give it a rest and stop feeding him...

dur?

I admit I did search for any other posts the OP has made, and they are very far from an usual troll. OP even requested, and more than once, a "more traditional Jedi robes". So they are probably honest in their annoyance with "abundance" (quoted for disagreement) of skimpy clothing, and Sith & Jedi wearing those.

Off-topic I know, but wanted to say it.

OP, people have the option to dress their characters whatever way they feel like, just like you do. That's good.

You can be outraged and be judgemental over other people's choices and that's fine

What is not good is you asking to remove choices for others because you don't approve. You can certainly enforce dressing rules for your guild members's characters but that's about it

After reading the OPs posting history, I see now that he is NOT trolling....How disturbing

I find it funny that when a 'guild leader' says THIS IS WHAT I WANT AND IF I DONT GET IT IM TAKING MY GUILD AND LEAVING',.....Its always combined.

I find the art style IN LINE WITH THE CANON and I can appreciate the sexiness of some styles, AS DO MOST OF US HERE. Heres the deal OP. This game will not lose any subs based on YOUR perceived definition of sleaze.

As with most things in life, perception is everything. And just because YOU feel its sleaze doesn't mean it is. But of course, if it sooo offends you, then you have an option, don't you?

And of course, Bio isn't going to read this thread and start deleting in game art and styles to PLACATE YOU and your millions of guildies.

Bio/EA, I find the art style of this game FANTASTIC AND IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SLEAZE. PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THIS STYLE. MY WIFE ALSO FINDS IT APPEALING AS DO SOME OF OUR FELLOW PLAYERS.

Thanks for giving me the option to vent my opinion on this matter OP!

I admit I did search for any other posts the OP has made, and they are very far from an usual troll. OP even requested, and more than once, a "more traditional Jedi robes". So they are probably honest in their annoyance with "abundance" (quoted for disagreement) of skimpy clothing, and Sith & Jedi wearing those.

Off-topic I know, but wanted to say it.

Assuming for the sake of argument the OP is not just trolling, the answer to "annoyance at skimpy outfits" is simple: don't equip one's characters and companions in skimpy outfits.

I have no problem with skimpy outfits unless it is on guys (I am straight). I guess girls have different things to say for those Magic Mike outfits on men. I guess if I was a woman I would be cheering for skimpy men. The only skimpy gear I like on guys is the Vintage Brawler armor. Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Talon

Granted, they are both Twi'Leks. But skimpy clothing does not necessarily violate canon in anyway, as demonstrated by those two characters. Are there too many player characters running around in slave girl outfits? Probably, but arguing that the outfits themselves are somehow not in keeping with the lore or canon utterly fails.

Absolutely nothing wrong with TOR, but I think your girlfriend is slightly insecure about your relationship if she thinks she is going to lose you to a digital animation, maybe buy her some flowers more often!

Breasts, Butts and Hair is almost a 100% occurance in the female population

i agree with op, ifeel so sad and such when i see someone outfitting mako or someone in skimpy wear.

i mean comon, havennt they have seen a girl irl or have one? makes me sad panda that they did this to star wars somewhat.

go surf **** or something or get to the club and get laid damnit.

I appreciate the existence of skimpy outfits for both sexes. If you are interested in demographics, I am female, in my forties, have been married for 24 years, have a kid... I see how a scene that involves skimpy outfits can work in a variety of roleplay scenes, and not just making out. Consider that whole "Leia as a slave" scenario. I can also see Dark Side characters forcing their companions to wear ridiculous things in public as punishment, or for other story reasons.

Are you just going around the Fleet in your regulation army undies, or the slave outfit? Well, maybe you have some cool story behind it. Or maybe you just like the look. It's your business, I say, and none of mine. Every outfit in SWTOR is legal in public places in the country where I live... Nothing new to see there. Seeing lightsabers is just cooler and more exciting overall than seeing bikinis.

i agree with op, ifeel so sad and such when i see someone outfitting mako or someone in skimpy wear.

i mean comon, havennt they have seen a girl irl or have one? makes me sad panda that they did this to star wars somewhat.

go surf **** or something or get to the club and get laid damnit.

OR we can consolidate our limited time by playing both Star Wars AND ******* at the same time. That's just good efficiency. And they say men can't multitask.

EDIT: Let me put it into perspective for you. Miley Cyrus is not in the game, therefore, swtor is not yet in the gutter. Take heart young padawan.

Edited by theonetruebleed

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Talon

Granted, they are both Twi'Leks. But skimpy clothing does not necessarily violate canon in anyway, as demonstrated by those two characters. Are there too many player characters running around in slave girl outfits? Probably, but arguing that the outfits themselves are somehow not in keeping with the lore or canon utterly fails.

Ahsoka's original outfit wasn't all that different from Secura's.