New Class - Matukai

Neonxkz

So I doubt we will actually get a new class until most of the bugs in the game are fixed, but I thought that I would get the ball rolling and try to get us thinking about the inevitability of anew class anyways...

My proposal??? The Matukai!

The Matukai are a perfect addition to SWTOR!

More Information: http://swrp.wikia.com/wiki/Matukai

Matukai in a nutshell:

The Matukai are a foce sensitive organization who existed separately from Jedi or Sith. This the perfect opportunity to make this our first class who can actually choose between being on the Republic or Empire's side (In which I will get more in detail later). The fun part about the Matukai is that they channel the force through their body instead of inanimate objects, and that they actually use pole arms, or wan-shens. This is also another opportunity for a completely different playstyle. Because of the fact that Matukai channel the force through their body, this means that they are stronger in every aspect than Jedi can be in terms of body physicality.

Beginnig Story Proposition:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jTBt6Q2zfWwZ9q6wst0BYf_niBy6EFCTbJeZbRbxwFQ/edit?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that Makutai focus on the physicality of the being. This means increased strength, speed, jumping, endurance, etc.

These are just a couple ideas of unique skills that can be used in the creation of this character.

*****These are just metaphorical examples.

Force Agility:

Passive: Gains 30% increased speed while in combat

Infinite Vitality:

Level 25 (3 minute cooldown): Upon being below 10% HP, you can activate this skill which will not let your health go below 1 HP for 6 seconds.

Wen Shan Strikes:

(Channeling skill) This skill knocks up any enemy with the Wen Shan into the air, you jump up and knock them back down. The Enemy is stunned for 2 seconds after after the channel.

Force Velocity:

The played dashes to his target in a blur and attacks the target. The attack also reduces the armor of the target by 20% for 5 seconds.

These are just some ideas I thought would be cool to come up with. So this still is a work in progress in my mind :p

FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!

Edited by Neonxkz

Your idea seems pretty cool. Here's my feedback:

We've been told over and over and over again that there will be no extensions of class stories. What makes you think, if they aren't going to extend the pre-existing class stories, that they are going to be willing to create a brand new class story, 1-50, out of whole cloth?

Your idea seems pretty cool. Here's my feedback:

We've been told over and over and over again that there will be no extensions of class stories. What makes you think, if they aren't going to extend the pre-existing class stories, that they are going to be willing to create a brand new class story, 1-50, out of whole cloth?

Well your key word is extensions. I believe it's the nature of an MMORPG to inevitably make another class in the future. Bioware stated that they are actually doing really well with SWTOR. Ultimately this can be a class in an expansion pack or a Cartel Coin purchase.

I think that with the current player base of SWTOR, Bioware would make a pretty nice profit with the addition of a new class, especially if the class is able to choose between Empire/Republic.

I think we've known Bioware long enough to understand that it won't turn away a profit ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Really cool idea!

I was thinking of ways to introduce new classes into the game, but so far Ive found that the classes already in existence are the best and only ones good nuf for the game.

What I was thinking tho, wouldnt it be a great to create a class made out of sith and jedi who could actually turn lightside/darkside.

I was thinking of a storyline where the player start out as either jedi or sith and during gameplay eventually actually switch factions.

I think many would really enjoy such a storyline. Mixed abillites and all. But your thought is really good :)

Yeah, there are some really cool ideas. I have thought about:

Echani Warrior (hand to hand combat, light armor)

Imperial Soldier (heavy armor, ranged class)

Sith Alchemist (light armor, shapeshifting (can spec into melee class by turning into sithspawn), sith spells)

Slicer (medium armor, droids help out this class like companions, even in pvp. use technology)

Jedi Force Seeker (like alchemist)

Battle meditator (for both sides, not good in combat by itself but greatly increases companions and teammates abilities)

Assault Droid/Frontline Line (first ever droid class, can use droid armor, for story has prototype "personality chip" installed)

Saboteur/demolitionist (excels at boobytraps, landmines, ambushing)

Underworld Thug (brute strength melee class using aim weapons (techblades, staves))

to name a few.......

I liked the idea on the Sith Alchemist above! I would roll one. But sticking to the actually thread, I have this to say:

While the idea of a new class is a great way to expand this game, Bioware has already said they won't expand stories, if I'm correct. They could add a new class, but think about this:

-The flood of people deleting their current toons to get a Matukai toon.

-The change in pvp, I won't even try to mention much. If Matukai can be tanks-heals-dps in one toon (what about advanced classes for Matukai?) they would be the new ULTIMATE playable character?

-And lastly, I'm a huge RPer (Begeren Colony, Dennthoro :) ). How will this play out? Will my favorite Imperial fleet be taken over by Matukai all of a sudden? How will they associate themselves with Imps of Reps if they are all balanced?

While I love the idea and you have my full support, I just can't get past these little details. I appreciate the activity here.

See you all in-game. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Another thing I noticed was shapeshifting idea. That's really cool. Liked the Underworld thug, too. Smart ideas, just seems unrealistic to be coming up with new classes in a game filled with class related bugs. *shrug*