Have anybody seen Swoopstriker on Balmora

Nebdar

I found a Ferocious Swoopstriker (Elite) next to a group of Swift Swoopstrikers at -1998, 1631. I killed it but it didn't unlock. It's weird that it is just called Swoopstriker without an adjective with it. I'm thinking it is the Ferocious Swoopstriker and it's glitched. Edited by ClandestineCyph

I found a Ferocious Swoopstriker (Elite) next to a group of Swift Swoopstrikers at -1998, 1631. I killed it but it didn't unluck. It's weird that it is just called Swoopstriker without an adjective with it. I'm thinking it is the Ferocious Swoopstriker and it's glitched.

I killed that one three times last night, the last of which was after relogging my character, all without the achievement unlocking. Google searches have come up with nothing as yet for this problem's resolution.

yes i was thinning about the same creature i also tried to kill him it looks like there is maybe another in different part or simply bugged....glad to see that i am not the only one... or maybe they mixed it up with Republic side creatures

No, because I have killed the Ferocious Swoopstriker twice and 4 Swift Swoopstrikers. No credit.

What I was saying is, maybe the one specific creature that you have to kill only spawns like once a day or less, and by the time you get to its spawn point, it's already been up and been killed and you've never seen it. Not every creature of a certain type will give codex entries. There are tons of yozusks all over Dromund Kaas. They're frickin' everywhere, ranging from Weak to Champion, but the one and only yozusk on the whole planet that gives the Yozusk codex entry is the Yozusk Platesmasher over near the datacron by the world boss, and it seems to only respawn when the server resets, or else it has a ridiculously long respawn timer.

I don't know that that's what's going on with swoopstrikers, I just offered it as a possibility.

What I was saying is, maybe the one specific creature that you have to kill only spawns like once a day or less, and by the time you get to its spawn point, it's already been up and been killed and you've never seen it. Not every creature of a certain type will give codex entries. There are tons of yozusks all over Dromund Kaas. They're frickin' everywhere, ranging from Weak to Champion, but the one and only yozusk on the whole planet that gives the Yozusk codex entry is the Yozusk Platesmasher over near the datacron by the world boss, and it seems to only respawn when the server resets, or else it has a ridiculously long respawn timer.

I don't know that that's what's going on with swoopstrikers, I just offered it as a possibility.

It is supposed to be a champion boss for the achievement of the planet. I killed the champion, no credit.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I did the same thing. killed the F.swoopstriker and nothing. BW forgot to update it and it is a bug for sure.

Maybe they don't want people to get 100% achievements as this will force them to come up with another crazy grinding idea. And good job Bioware for not releasing these achievements at release.

Just seems to me that 'bugtown' hasn't nearly enough bugs as the rest of the game.

It's annoying and frustrating. Fix your stuff bioware plz. Im an achievement whore :}

• 2 weeks later...

Bump because I want to know if this achievement is obtainable.

Also:

the Yozusk Platesmasher over near the datacron by the world boss, and it seems to only respawn when the server resets, or else it has a ridiculously long respawn timer.

err, what? A week ago when I was completing all the DK achievements, I arrived at this beast just as someone else was killing it. I then queued for warzone, got an instant pop, and when I came back out of the warzone, the beast was already respawned. Doesn't seem like it could be that unreasonable of a respawn timer.

err, what? A week ago when I was completing all the DK achievements, I arrived at this beast just as someone else was killing it. I then queued for warzone, got an instant pop, and when I came back out of the warzone, the beast was already respawned. Doesn't seem like it could be that unreasonable of a respawn timer.

This situation has gotten better with the server merge. Stupid thing still has a crazy long spawn timer, but it will spawn for each new instance of the planet. What probably happened is that when you came back out of the WZ, you got put into a relatively fresh instance.

Either that or they upped the respawn rate, which is definitely possible, but it is certainly true that people used to camp the stupid thing for hours, when the game first came out.

As per the 2.1.1 Patch Notes:

•The "Tyrant of Balmorra" Achievement can now be completed, as it now updates as intended when players defeat the Ferocious Swoopstalker.

My original guess was correct. We shall have our achievement soon!

yes yes yes