buckingmonkey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company :(

I am starting to agree with you here.

OP please go back to school and learn English this time. The following keywords are important: "may" and "up to" and "5 days".

Funny. It's ridiculous marketing speak like these examples that gets people all up in arms in the first place. Sure, people should read the small print but most do not, especially when its being sold at retail establishments as "Preorder now so you can play 5 days early!". Yes, it's on the consumer to double check, but pretty dang crappy to be practiced in the first place.

QFT....sadly coz I have always loved Bioware :(

not anymore. this is a major ball drop. Even the media is picking it up

Media is picking it up where? I mean actual media, not a gamer blog or some petty gamer 'news' site.

How, exactly, do they plan to spin it anyway? 'BioWare expects customers to pay attention, follow directions and rewards those fans that pre-ordered early. News at 11!'

I paid attention, ordered on 07/23 and got in last night during Wave 3

As I posted in other threads, this first step is following the same path SOE did in the past.

The consequences of these actions are not seen inmediately. But when are seen, you cant do anything. The fail has started.

But I still hope BW dont commit in the long terme the same errors as SOE. I really hope so.

The saddest is to see that lessons from SOE's failure haven't been learnt.

Ah no...This will be a mark that BW/EA will wear for the rest of thier MMO career. And a model of NOT how to launch a Triple AAA MMO.

So giving players free game time in an effort to ensure a smooth, lag-free, crash-free launch is a model of NOT how to launch?

Do you prefer the heavy-lag, server-crash method Blizzard used? The only reason Rift did so well is because they had open beta up to what, a week before launch and a good deal fewer pre-orders

Ah no...This will be a mark that BW/EA will wear for the rest of thier MMO career. And a model of NOT how to launch a Triple AAA MMO.

The same way WoWs horrendous launch was a model of how not to do it? With queues for days, servers constantly crashing? That would be preferable?

And obviously that launch hurt WoW so badly, right? I hear they took the servers down a few years ago. Oh, no, wait.

not anymore. this is a major ball drop. Even the media is picking it up

when has the media ever put a possitive spin on anything? Crisis news sells more so guess what stance gaming media is going to take?

They are going to back the sad little man who isn't seemingly getting his money out of his product.

Why? Because it looks better on your inbox alerts.

Take a pinch of salt next time eh?

Stop complaining, stop whining. If you aren't pleased with the game or its support then leave. Go find something else to invest your time into. People like me are actually quite satisfied with SWTOR and BioWare. I've yet to be disappointed with this game. Blame yourself.

Tired of seeing all these people crying. People like you will ruin this game because you just want to get YOUR way. If you don't like where things are or are going, leave. Bye!

No reply will be given, they got our money! £88 million on the 20th!.

So giving players free game time in an effort to ensure a smooth, lag-free, crash-free launch is a model of NOT how to launch?

Do you prefer the heavy-lag, server-crash method Blizzard used? The only reason Rift did so well is because they had open beta up to what, a week before launch and a good deal fewer pre-orders

This is not FREE game time. We payed 5 bucks to play earlier. That being said, we paid for up to 5 days and today is the 6th day.

Be patient and if Bioware do not deliver just cancel your preorder.

I have really enjoyed every Bioware game I have played. That being said I was skeptical of trying a MMO supported by EA. EA games has the absolute worst customer service and moderation of any gaming company I have seen. All they seem to care about is Money and Digital rights management. I was without internet and in Iraq in 2007 when i purchased Red Alert 3, and when I called them to ask if i could register it offline; they told me their products could not be activated offline or outside the United States, and that I was breaking the law by taking their software to Iraq on military orders...... That is pretty win customer service if you ask me. So to see some shenanigans like this is no surprise to me. I just hope they don't lock servers so I can play with my freinds when they get in and already are in.

Just because I got in yesterday and have leveled considerably don't hate me, I pre ordered July 21st. OP if you are so unhappy then return the game and go play something else. If you were to show your post to friends, family, co workers and such they would think you are a spoiled fool.

I have really enjoyed every Bioware game I have played. That being said I was skeptical of trying a MMO supported by EA. EA games has the absolute worst customer service and moderation of any gaming company I have seen. All they seem to care about is Money and Digital rights management. I was without internet and in Iraq in 2007 when i purchased Red Alert 3, and when I called them to ask if i could register it offline; they told me their products could not be activated offline or outside the United States, and that I was breaking the law by taking their software to Iraq on military orders...... That is pretty win customer service if you ask me. So to see some shenanigans like this is no surprise to me. I just hope they don't lock servers so I can play with my freinds when they get in and already are in.

Yeah, I had the same experience. Another guy in my unit called them about a 360 game he was having issues with and got the legal threats thrown at him. Too bad the media never bothered to pick that up.