Ilum Heroic Zones

Airsucker

I might be spitting into the wind here, but as someone who plays on a pvp realm and plays both factions, why is there nothing being done about the people who sit in the opposite faction's heroic zones? All they do is wait for people to start fighting a group and then pop up and destroy you with three other groups of mobs. And once they get into a little bit of trouble, they run through some more groups which makes those groups aggro to the player. Now I know that being killed by anything after initiating pvp combat doesn't cost durability, but come on. These people sit in these zones for hours upon hours on end and trash talk your dead body after you got gang banged by 17 golds and silvers plus someone in full war hero and their companion. There has got to be some way of making these zones somewhere a little safer to quest. And this isn't as easy to solve as asking general chat for help. Either people tell you to shove off, or there's 3 people on the planet. This has been an issue since people started hitting 50. I would suggest, make the mobs red to everybody. (I'm not the type of person to just complain with no ideas to solve it) Or maybe make it a phase. Or put guard turrets at some point. It's kind of not fair to people who want to gear their alts or, God forbid, a new player with their first 50.

If you read all of that, thank you for hearing me out. I just wanted to get that off of my chest.

TL:DR = fix the pvp issue in the Ilum heroic quests, already. BIG PROBLEM!

Edited by Airsucker

I do something similar as that some times when I'm bored on my PVE server. You get your friends to log onto the other faction and engage the mobs, then the game starts.

The game is see if you can keep the NPC alive long enough for the other player to be killed off. :p

Edited by Brimmer

I don't know... I just can't bring myself to call that PvP in any form. It doesn't matter what kind of gear you have, when you have some random player (and even 49's can survive long enough to do this) grappling you into additional groups of elite NPC's or running through them while you kill them, thus aggro'ing them, or any of the other tactics in the heroic zones, there's no fighting back. In my mind, PvP is something where you can fight back. It's players vs player, whether a 19 v 1 or a 1 v 1, not player vs player with a bunch of elites. It doesn't really matter how many players you get to help, those NPC's are infinitely spawning, yes with a timer, and you will eventually get overrun. When there's a bunch of players, you can fight back with enough fire power... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I just think it's silly and cowardly, hiding behind elites and trash talking when your target gets obliterated in 4 seconds flat.

The reason people like myself are there is because thats where we find you :/as if we are going to just happen upon you in an open random area. But i can completely agree with camping amongst champion and elite NPCs and just pulling them and running away being a spineless tactic. Me i use these areas as checkpoints for a planet wide patrol and if im beaten i take it and respawn because it is a game and meant to be fun for everyone if i fail then awesome i will just come back and harass you again and again ;) but look at it this way, the daily missions on ilum are worth 10K creds TEN THOUSAND! all of that just for going round stomping nerf-zurgs? nah its hazzard pay for doing you're missions in enemy PLAYER territory. If you dont like this then there are PvE servers for you. If i can can get in and out with my objectives done despite gank-campers playing a Merc, you can to. Edited by HexDecimalUK
spelt campers as capers

Don't get me wrong, I love pvp. My main is a derp-smash conqueror guardian. I don't worry so much when I'm on him. But I just hit 50 on my powertech and there's two players in particular that only log on to sit in that heroic zone on the sith side and camp. That's literally all they do for hours upon hours, at least 15 hours each day. They don't queue for warzones, they don't do anything else. But I love some good pvp, my guild goes to places like Voss and the black hole sector and such to just start crap. I in no way dislike pvp or pvp realms. I dislike cowards and *** holes. Edited by Airsucker