80% Surge and 92% accuracy or 75% Surge and 100% accuracy

thebadnick

thank you for your answer. Anyway i hear something about accuracy is useless for sentinel focus spec. All our burst is based on force sweep and force attacks with 100% accuracy based. So my question is : Is it usefull to put 100% accuracy on others weapons damages too or is it better to increase surge to increase force damages.

So in your mind you think 100% accuracy / 110% accuracy (force) with 75% surge is better than 92% accuracy / 102% accuracy (force) with 80% surge

Another opinion ? I wanna increase my total damage during a warzone and since 1.4 focus spec on sentinel required to use several weapons skills and we can use force sweep more often too so what you guys are thinking regarding pay more attention to our weapon or force damage ? And how much crit do you have. i put 20% for myself

Thank you in advance and sorry for crap english. It is not my first language.

Edited by thebadnick

Focus spec relies on successful melee abilities to lower the cooldown on Force sweep, thus increasing your burst. In order to do that, they need to hit... So you need 100% accuracy.

Also: Zealous Leap and Force Leap do weapon damage. You need those to hit to activate the auto crit.

Edited by SpoeMeister

It really depends. If you are warzoning, people most have 5% defense. That means with 95% accuracy you will always hit them. if you think 3% chance for miss is acceptable risk for cca 0,5% crit dmg bonus, take surge (just don't target any tanks and you'll be fine).

For pve, mobs have 10% defense. I run normaly with 95% accuracy for focus spec in pve, because my gear is optimalized for combat spec and yes, I miss sometimes but not a lot. If you are not trying to parse top dps on target dummy those misses are acceptable.

And you don't need hit a target to lower CD or get autocrit proc, you just need to use the skill no matter the outcome.

I play only PvP

Yesterday i went 8 bgs in ranked war zones with 100% accuracy and 75% surge. All my best crits on force sweep hits went between 6.5 and 6.9K during 8 bgs. I am wondering if i go for 80% surge with 92% how many my crit hits will go for.

So, the main question now is about the cap for surge. 75% is a soft cap and 80% a hard cap. I need to learn more of theorycrafting. Even after 1 year playing i learn each day pf this game.

I will try this change next ranked session. Thank you guys for answers.

Edited by thebadnick

As far as I know it is impossible to get 80% surge with the current diminishing returns on it.

Personally I make sure I have at least 96% accuracy in focus/watchman and 100% in combat.

I'm sure people will have different opinions on this subject of when to stop getting surge etc.(75% or 300 surge or whatever) However the thing most people agree on is that it's a waste of points to go over 78% surge.