Loot Chests in Esseles and Black Talon Missing

Over the weekend I was playing several alts to get them at least up to the capital planets. I ran both Black Talon and Esseles several times for each alt. Not once, in at least six or seven different runs, did the chests appear.

I'm not talking about boss chests, or loot drops from mobs. I'm talking about the chests that are always in certain places.

In BT, on each run, the following chests were missing:

Chest in the room with the first droid boss (if you kill the captain): usually had adrenals or the like

Chest in the room with the admiral: usually had a piece of light armor of some kind

Chest in the room with the bonus droid boss: often contained the Black Talon Inquisitor's robe or the like

In Esseles:

Two chests in the room with all the Mandalorians (hangar): one had adrenals and the like and the other was usually a blue piece or better, IIRCC.

Chest in the trash area you have to jump down to: usually adrenals or medpacs or the like

None of these chests appeared in any of my runs through the FPs. Did BT with a Sorc and a Sniper and did Esseles with a Sent. So, I don't think it had to do with the class. Did I miss a patch note where they took out those chests? Has anyone else had this problem?

Boarding party, same thing. I used to run Boarding Party for the credits. 40k per run. You would have to kill all the bosses, loot all the chests, and avoid most of the enemies. First they disabled speeders in there. Then they took out most of the chests. Sometimes I wonder if we're supposed to afford the expensive credit sinks our legacy level gives us, or if we're just supposed to buy credits or not have any of our perks.

well that answers my question.. I had noticed the same thing.. that sucks.. not to mention drops in Esseles seemed odd when I went through there last night, a barrel dropped and a hilt dropped.. kinda uncommon, I don't do Esseles very often, but only one customizable piece dropped the whole run.. maybe the loot tables got changed too?

Greetings everyone!

We just wanted to let you know that this is also being followed up in the following thread:

Cerimon from our Customer Service Team has made the following post:

Greetings All,

We are currently investigating your reports and will provide any available updates here. Until then please can affected players post your Server Name here to help us narrow down the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

We hope this helps and we appreciate your patience!

Boarding party, same thing. I used to run Boarding Party for the credits. 40k per run. You would have to kill all the bosses, loot all the chests, and avoid most of the enemies. First they disabled speeders in there. Then they took out most of the chests. Sometimes I wonder if we're supposed to afford the expensive credit sinks our legacy level gives us, or if we're just supposed to buy credits or not have any of our perks.

This is why i don't think bioware thought about it, i am sure they expected crafters to craft and earn credits by selling to players that gather materials and sell it to the crafters, both making credits, but since all the community cares about is itself, that didn't happen and they seem to be unable to change their plans so that it actually works.

Greetings everyone!

We have an update of information for you regarding this issue in the thread Where have all the chests gone? by our Customer Service Team:

Hi All,

After investigating this, it seems that with Game Update 1.3 the dev team made some design changes based on player data and have removed security chests from Flashpoints. We apologize for any confusion, and keep in mind that Flashpoints are the only areas affected by this change.

Thank you.

We apologize for the previous post in this thread which was inaccurate and for any confusion that this may have caused.

We appreciate your understanding!