Companion Lightsabers Fixed, Thanks Bioware

Toweleeeie

That and ...

"•All color crystals from the Cartel Market and Cartel Packs can now be placed on the Galactic Trade Network."

"•The Quickbar lock/unlock graphic has been reverted back to its original icon."

... were some pretty small, yet annoying, bugs for me personally. Good stuff.

Why didn't they mention this in the patch notes?

Probably because if they listed it an it turns out that it's not completely fixed there will be a s**tstorm of threads complaining about how they still haven't gotten it right.

That was my first response as well, but with this community I can understand being hesitant to list it.

Probably because if they listed it an it turns out that it's not completely fixed there will be a s**tstorm of threads complaining about how they still haven't gotten it right.

That was my first response as well, but with this community I can understand being hesitant to list it.

This.

Although in this instance, they did say it was fixed at least once or twice already, so in this specific case it might have been kinda justified.

That was my first response as well, but with this dev staff I can understand being hesitant to list it.

Fixed.

On a more serious and thankful note, I am glad they got this one right. It did have a tendency to break immersion at times. Well done, BW.

Fixed.

On a more serious and thankful note, I am glad they got this one right. It did have a tendency to break immersion at times. Well done, BW.

Nah, the original is correct. The part of fixes that's lost on most of the playerbase is that just because they fix a cause or part of a problem doesn't mean it won't come back or show up for any other reason. Originally the companions wouldn't even put their weapons away, but would just run around with them out all of the time. That was fixed so that they put them away, but their weapon stayed on.

I won't bother to attempt to give a reason why it wasn't fixed with the first change, or why it took so long to fix, but bug fixes are almost never as simple as they appear, and this problem is compounded with limited resources and deadlines.

Why didn't they mention this in the patch notes?

Maybe the latest patch just broke the lightsaber bug without it being an intentional fix. Something always gets messed up after the patches. So, in this case, the buggy patch messed up a bug, which ended up in sort of fixing the problem. This might be part of Bioware's approach come to think of it. Knowing that every time they change something, 10 other things are affected, maybe they are leaning on chaos theory to correct a lot of the bugs by chance. This would explain why they are otherwise slow to fix bugs. They are just waiting until they screw something up in a way that has favorable results?