Is it me, or has pvp improved over the last week?

ObscureKnight

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to break up the trash talk but I had a question kind of related to the OP.

I started PVPing for the first time in months this week and just got crushed over and over again (I'm on the Rep side). And I don't just mean I personally was crushed (although that happened too) I mean like we couldn't cap a singe turret in Civil War. I readily admit I am not a great PVPer. But I was surprised to see that my old Battlemaster gear was better then half the people I was on with. One guy that was complaining about getting crushed (which we were) was wearing Columi gear.

Anyway, I went like 0-11 before I finally got a win. Things were laggy as all get out. I kid you not, I had to roll my gunslinger into cover 3 times (at least on my screen) before it actually worked. Is this what Rep side unnranked PVP is like all the time?

Sorry to break up the trash talk but I had a question kind of related to the OP.

I started PVPing for the first time in months this week and just got crushed over and over again (I'm on the Rep side). And I don't just mean I personally was crushed (although that happened too) I mean like we couldn't cap a singe turret in Civil War. I readily admit I am not a great PVPer. But I was surprised to see that my old Battlemaster gear was better then half the people I was on with. One guy that was complaining about getting crushed (which we were) was wearing Columi gear.

Anyway, I went like 0-11 before I finally got a win. Things were laggy as all get out. I kid you not, I had to roll my gunslinger into cover 3 times (at least on my screen) before it actually worked. Is this what Rep side unnranked PVP is like all the time?

Roll an imp.

I just digned 50 on another server and it's freaking weird there. Pubs will for the most part steamroll the imps in lowbie but at 50 its the other way around. My theory is that the pubs actually are better but roll worse classes. Those "not so good classes" are fine in lowbie so they will still win. At 50 however, where every imp is on a power stacked fotmer it's not so great anymore. So it's basically a matter of having to suffer through lowbie or struggle at 50.

I would pay good money to not have to play through a story again "just to get on the right faction at 50". They should transfer the leveling terminal from PTS and charge 5000 cartel coins per use.

From my point of view, yes. I am mainly a pub guy, because I like being an underdog I guess. Even though I have been beaten by good pubs on my imp. I have yet to play on a server where the creme de la creme are not imperials, and yes it does ruin the fun of the grind for any pub. However, going back to my original point in all this, it appears that the shenanigans are once again in full swing. I did enjoy a brief moment where everything flowed smoothly, but as people are returning to the server from PTS the lag has spiked high. Which I think is rather sad.

From my point of view, yes. I am mainly a pub guy, because I like being an underdog I guess. Even though I have been beaten by good pubs on my imp. I have yet to play on a server where the creme de la creme are not imperials, and yes it does ruin the fun of the grind for any pub. However, going back to my original point in all this, it appears that the shenanigans are once again in full swing. I did enjoy a brief moment where everything flowed smoothly, but as people are returning to the server from PTS the lag has spiked high. Which I think is rather sad.

So, if there were teams in your faction that queue dodged to get 8man pops on a regular basis, it would be a lot less likely for you to get on a team that consists a 4man premade.

in theory.

such a hater

I don't think I've ever talked to C.K. ingame but jeez something tells me your hatred is completely undeserved

Thats actually smart, make em hate you so much you throw matches just trying to grief one person. I am kinda impartial here in that i have 8 chars on imp and 11 on pubside. I play alot with folks mostly low level but some 50 too. I never have had any issues when i get rolled by a ID premade cause you know you just got beat. I have also played with some good Wook players whom were cool.

I think there are questionable folks on both sides as well as cool ones.

I have disablities so you will never see me bragging on here about being ****** lol cause i aint but I generally try to do my part and play smart which some days is good and sometimes not good enough.

I think it will be interesting to see if the current attempt at balancing the classes in 2.0 works, will for sure define whether some folks where good due to op classes or good due to skill.

So, if there were teams in your faction that queue dodged to get 8man pops on a regular basis, it would be a lot less likely for you to get on a team that consists a 4man premade.

in theory.

My question to all that is how can you (dis)prove any que dodge? Unless you are on the faction team that is doing it, I just cant say yes or no that anyone group is. Now there are a lot of quitters before the matches start, and I am seeing that more on the imp side than pub. Which leads me to think that people only want to play a WZ if there is a specific build of roles, or players.

My question to all that is how can you (dis)prove any que dodge?

How about when you get into a ranked game against an 8 man wook team, they all quit. After the game you sit in q for a good 15 minutes, then get a ranked pop against an entirely different 8 man wook team that also proceeds to quit the match.

I don't get that mentality (queue doding). Does ranked rating matter that much? Hell, just get 4 medals and it is already worth more than queuing regular wz's. I guess back before all the adaptive gear, cartel market items, etc I can see wanting a high rating as you get different color crystals/gear/mount. Now a days epeen measuring seems to be the only reason to care about it.

How about when you get into a ranked game against an 8 man wook team, they all quit. After the game you sit in q for a good 15 minutes, then get a ranked pop against an entirely different 8 man wook team that also proceeds to quit the match.

This.

And also. I was in a pub guild that starts with a 'W'. I joined a group and jumped on their voice chat. They were queue dodging to get an 8man premade. I said "Are you kidding me?" and /gquit.

If you want to get better at pvp, you shouldn't tolerate your guild doing this kind of thing. It isn't cheating, you're just being robbed of ever having to fight an uphill battle.