Explain Luke Skywalker's feats

meshade

I mean exactly that. The writers of Dark Empire (where all this "Force Storm" nonsense comes from) assumed that A) Vader was actually FACTUALLY CORRECT in saying that the Force is far more powerful than the ability to destroy a planet (and since Sith are renowned for their capacity for deceit, this is kind of stupid in and of itself), and B) that if the Force is indeed more powerful than the ability to destroy a planet, it must INCLUDE the ability to destroy a planet. This is a logical fallacy.

The Death Star can destroy a planet. It can destroy planets indefinitely (as long as it isn't blown up.) It is very good at destroying planets. But that's really all it can do. It can only destroy planets (and threaten to destroy planets.) It's the biggest, most expensive, most grandiose, most over-the-top one-trick pony in history.

The Force may not be able to actually destroy a planet. But it can warn you of danger before it happens. It can allow you see the future, the past, and distant locations. It can move objects with a thought. It can heal your body and your mind. It can allow you communicate with others instantly over vast distances. It can influence others to get you out of trouble. It can prolong your life, empower your body, temporarily alleviate the effects of old age, delay the onset of old age, keep your body and mind sharp and active. Oh, and if you get sufficiently angry, it can let you nuke anyone in your path with excruciating burning sizzling hate channeled into electricity.

All that is a LOT more powerful than simply the ability to blow up a huge chunk of rock in space.

After the 6th movie Luke Skywalker goes to the Darkside because hes all ****ed up in the head. He learns all kinds of darkside powers and then ends up back on the lightside and combines his two powers...Same situation as a storyline in this game. The Revan quests. He just understands the force is all.

The Death Star can destroy a planet. It can destroy planets indefinitely (as long as it isn't blown up.) It is very good at destroying planets. But that's really all it can do. It can only destroy planets (and threaten to destroy planets.) It's the biggest, most expensive, most grandiose, most over-the-top one-trick pony in history.

WRONG! It also has a tractor beam.

WRONG! It also has a tractor beam.

Damn, you're right!

I guess that means that the Force has to be able to kill entire populations. ;)

I prefer to take the statement more "philosophical". As mentioned before, the Force is far more versatile, it is not a blunt instrument.

But, as a matter of fact, it probably helped create this particular blunt instrument. Without the Force, Palpatine could not have managed to trick the Jedi and the Republic into their downfall, allowing him to become Emperor and craft this superweapon.

I really dislike the over-the-top-ness that the EU (including TOR) and the Prequels gave the Jedi. They don't need to be that powerful.

Can someone explain why Luke is so ridiculously overpowered after the ROTJ and how did he manage to get there?

In every thread about Palpatine vs Windu and other palpatine challenges someone comes and says that Luke is the most powerful jedi with outstanding force powers and feats - what and why?

People said that palpatine could create wormholes, devour planets and other over the top things, how can Luke beat that?

Easy, Palpatine is not a Jedi. So he isn't even considered when it comes to the most powerful Jedi.

Edited by Grotpar

Can someone explain why Luke is so ridiculously overpowered after the ROTJ and how did he manage to get there?

Because too many fans want to see the continuing adventures of characters from the movies, even when they're being given a "pass" for their ages in the EU.

Seriously, I've lost a lot of interest in the continuous use of Han, Luke, Leia, Boba Fett and other characters from the original movies, especially since for humans it looks like 60-70 years old is the new 30-40.

Some things are just stretching suspension of disbelief a little too far.

well coming from an era where the movies first came out and between the first movie (iv) and empire strikes back there were old comics that showed lots of adventures luke han leia and all of them had together or seperate. i remember quite a few times luke face force users on diffrent worlds in the comic before ever knowing about yoda. after yoda (empire strikes back after) obiwan appears with messages from yoda for look to travel to certian worlds to gather the old jedi info and teaching's. both include thyton and korriban as well as witch worlds that use the force. then enter return of the jedi luke during his travels has learned to make a light saber continued to train, but has a dark side after learning vader is daddy (ths the force choke at jabbas palace) . ok lets look at vader we know energy follows blood (chinese medicine would call this chi or life force) vader lost both arms and legs in a battle thus losing 25% of his natural body, then being set on fire didnt help. so with the lose of real limbs he lost some force abilities. the emperior yes powerful in the force and could be well shocking (pun) but as far as actual fighting abilities he was not great, his true skills lay in micro management and misdirection. also the force lighting that hit luke could have been deflected or even absorbed. also must remember evil destroies evil the long evil esixst in ones self the more it eats at you (like cancer) so at one point her was powerful but lost a lot of it from his currption. also ther was spoken the one that would bring balance or the twins that would bring balance as well. (luke n leia) leia did become a jedi later had jedi twins) during the time after rtj luke become evil and is turned back to good by leia. then starts a jedi temple on yavin. of course after rtj the emperor has had clones made for a long time and a constant neural net connection with each so even though they sleep they learn eventas as they happen yep one wakes up a few years later and resumes his role as emp. lukes first apprentice turns evil, emp breaks the rule of 2 (which he had anyway) and instructs the new app to make a sith acadamy. now as far as luke goes the force in him is stronger than in vader especially as he travels as told to and learns the force from the force (obiwan) despite his orginal demener he is vast skilled and gifted and learns fast so fast that once he learned to calm himself he multi tasked learning skills. sadly even in the old old comics it does not mention his force skills but he does face quite a few even vaders female apprintice (who uses a lightsaber whip of nine tails where luke was defeted and had to make a second light saber to beat her.

so as far as sheer force luke has it skills learn we dont know. but in his force he was the strogest even stronger then the emp and prob could counter the wormholes made by using the force on them.

I think Satele win when she blocked a light saber with her bare hand... :)

your right, thats mybe the most impressive jedi-stunt till now ^^

also the jedi-guy from the main intro cinematic is really impressive

when fighting the two sith with a normal and a double-bladed saber

greetings

Then you don't acknowledge this game's existence?

I acknowledge that the game exist but i dont acknowledge it is in anyway part of star wars universe.

Just as i dont acknowledge real life nations they exist but they are uselessl by defult(we dont need many nations we need a unified humanity free of ignorance argoance and basicly anything that makes us human:P

Edited by internaty

I acknowledge that the game exist but i dont acknowledge it is in anyway part of star wars universe.

Just as i dont acknowledge real life nations they exist but they are uselessl by defult(we dont need many nations we need a unified humanity free of ignorance argoance and basicly anything that makes us human:P

I think that's called being in denial of reality, since these nations you don't acknowledge can have a very real impact on your ability to remain free and/or alive.

Anyways, the EU is what makes Star Wars interesting, imo. I mean, you can count the movies as being the only thing truly Star Wars, but half of the movies were awful (we all know which half). So Star Wars is 50% crap.

I think that's called being in denial of reality, since these nations you don't acknowledge can have a very real impact on your ability to remain free and/or alive.

Anyways, the EU is what makes Star Wars interesting, imo. I mean, you can count the movies as being the only thing truly Star Wars, but half of the movies were awful (we all know which half). So Star Wars is 50% crap.

I know they can however i dont believe they need to exist.

My own county can screw me over just as easly as any country.

The fact is you dont need have more then one country to have a goverment who coudnt wipe there own ***.

For that mather of fact i dont like anyone in power.

There to busy living in denail to fix thing's.

I love the common people tho.

Also i think the eu is crappy not any of the 6 movie's

They are going to far.

Being able to wipe out planets with sheer will.

Mind control entire ships etc.

The reson i loved the jedi/sith so must is because there powers where more bound then magic.

I mean face it there using it at plot cement to fix the hole's.

I mean lets say you got a movie jedi attacking a space ship filled with gaurds.

He picks his fights carefully and systmaticly take's over the ship.

A eu jedi just blow up there minds for the fun of it.

Ofcourse all my information is second hand rumor.

Or the emperor in swtor who has multi bodies lived for over a 1000 years

And can kill a entire planet effortlessly...

The sith and jedi are suppos to use the force not become it.

It is like saying that mozes suddely can exterminate armies with the blink of a eye.

Never mind he never had any powers of his own and god did everything.

That is why i hate the eu.

In the inqisator story line you can suddenly control ghost while ghost are suppost to be beyond the living's abilty to interact with

Edited by internaty