Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

Skurkanas

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as it falls to pieces in less than a week of its creation I rather not. I mean seriously, the Empire and Republic put aside their differences temporarily to destroy Malgus' New Empire.

Because Malgus's New Empire was a greater threat. Given enough time he would have had an even greater stealth armada and nobody would have been able to stand against him.

*Edit* Found that bit I saw on the star wars wiki about Malgus surviving, no way of confirming whether or not it's true though.

"Malgus himself survived the defeat, but the fate of his new empire was sealed. Having made enemies of the Republic, the Empire, and the Emperor himself, Malgus was forced to flee into exile in an unknown sector of the galaxy. As soon as the upstarts were defeated, all of Malgus' hopes of creating another rebellion was crushed; the Republic and Empire were now firmly loyal to their respective commanders, and had the fear of being crushed should they ever betray their sides. Although Malgus' fate, along with his Empire's, was sealed."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus'_Sith_empire

Edited by DarthBandeth

Because Malgus's New Empire was a greater threat. Given enough time he would have had an even greater stealth armada and nobody would have been able to stand against him.

*Edit* Found that bit I saw on the star wars wiki about Malgus surviving, no way of confirming whether or not it's true though.

"Malgus himself survived the defeat, but the fate of his new empire was sealed. Having made enemies of the Republic, the Empire, and the Emperor himself, Malgus was forced to flee into exile in an unknown sector of the galaxy. As soon as the upstarts were defeated, all of Malgus' hopes of creating another rebellion was crushed; the Republic and Empire were now firmly loyal to their respective commanders, and had the fear of being crushed should they ever betray their sides. Although Malgus' fate, along with his Empire's, was sealed."

This is pure speculation, in a interview with Hall Hood, the lead writer, he confirmed that that is not canon - his fate remains unknown, this is just wishful thinking.

This is pure speculation, in a interview with Hall Hood, the lead writer, he confirmed that that is not canon - his fate remains unknown, this is just wishful thinking.

Did you even read my post? I didn't say it was true, I just said it was on the star wars wiki.

Edited by DarthBandeth

Canon Empire stories are all the Darkside versions. Therefore they cannot give you a massive Lightside choice that will reshape everything (Like Putting Malgus in charge of the entire Empire), Massive changes have to be Neutral or Dark only (killing Baras is Neutral for example, becuase you kill him for two reasons, one to take his power (DS), two to save the Empire from him (LS).

How do we know Empire characters are all Darkside canon? Because of how actions are viewed by other classes.

Republic characters will become aware their new Supreme Canceller, because the canon BH kills him.

Empire characters will pick up that Grathens wife and son are dead, because the canon SW slaughters them.

This is wrong even if you do pick LS as a BH the chancellor will retire and you will kill Darth Tormen and a new chancellor will be elected.

What is with Sith and getting thrown down pits and surviving? Think the Jedi should start thinking of better ways to handle these guys. :jawa_tongue:

I for one think it would have been an excellent mechanic where, if some people did join him, it would shift into partial pvp, where if you dont join him you have to fight him and any former party members that did.

It would be funny if the tank and healer both joined malgus, because 2 dps stand no chance without support.

• 4 months later...

I think it would make sense for them to bring Malgus back when the Emporer's plans are known to the Empire. He could come in and help save the day. After that he could legitimately be back in power or at least in the story agian.

"For the New Empire! For Emporer Malgus!" <- See how cool it would be?

I suspect that the inability to join him has to do with where the story is going next. Perhaps we'll be able to join him later (if he survived), or perhaps we'll have the ability to pick up his banner and become a force of change ourselves.At the end of the third chapter, we're left with at least 3 very important characters whose exact conditions are unknown and others who eluded player characters. It remains to be seen what will happen. There's a whole lot of story left.

My Darth Imperius was in agreement with him throughout the entire Ilum pre-heroic quest chain. To then be forced into striking him down felt somewhat... odd. Here I am agreeing with his views and all of a sudden when he acts on his beliefs he must die. (Though you can mention he's going about it the wrong way before facing off against him)

At least you're able to bring it up with the people on the War Council at the end (even though it goes nowhere). Hopefully in future updates that whole incident can have some sort of lasting legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

A real tragedy, as he isn't am omnicidal nutcase like the Emperor. He has a better grasp of tactics than "we have reserves." He's not some racist fool, and is smart enough to extend an offer of participation to species other than Sith Pureblood and humans. He's got a marginal sense of honor, and he's actually more interested in making the Empire function than playing the mutually assured destruction garbage than the Dark Council seem to be caught in.

Overall, I haven't rolled an Inquisitor yet (and maybe never will, judging from how little I like the Imperial side in general), but I already think an Inquisitor character of mine will die on that station defending his lord.

A real tragedy, as he isn't am omnicidal nutcase like the Emperor. He has a better grasp of tactics than "we have reserves." He's not some racist fool, and is smart enough to extend an offer of participation to species other than Sith Pureblood and humans. He's got a marginal sense of honor, and he's actually more interested in making the Empire function than playing the mutually assured destruction garbage than the Dark Council seem to be caught in.

Overall, I haven't rolled an Inquisitor yet (and maybe never will, judging from how little I like the Imperial side in general), but I already think an Inquisitor character of mine will die on that station defending his lord.

The thing is after the malgus event Darth Marr Kinda took up malgus's flag with trying to get more aliens into the empire. As malgus said even if he lives or dies the empire is going to change and currently going by lore and the books out now it is.

Personally I think the reason they did not add the option to join him is because it would render our whole story moot if you think about it. I mean you built up all your power/fame and then you join the traitor and end up fighting the whole empire. Plus lets not forget maglus said those who wish to give up their old titles and all their other stuff is free to join him.

Story wise you would never be allowed to the space dock and all the other planets.

Edited by lokdron

The thing is after the malgus event Darth Marr Kinda took up malgus's flag with trying to get more aliens into the empire. As malgus said even if he lives or dies the empire is going to change and currently going by lore and the books out now it is.

This is clarified further in that a Nautolan is promoted to Colonel and given the responsibility to reclaim Denova.

Edited by Koyaanisqat

Bioware could have had Satele randomly break in and we "Prove ourselves loyal" to Malgus by slaying her, or something like that.

That way we still have a boss, and the roleplay would make more sense.

The worst things in role playing games is when you are controlling YOUR character, not some pre-characterised dude like Cloud or something. This is YOUR guy being projected, So when there is an option that DOESN'T EVEN GET ACKNOWLEDGED (Like maybe a line "I will gladly serve you" then malgus just kind of quips "Far too late for that" then it would be okay. But to blatantly ignore a really good story point is, in my opinion a waste.

• 2 months later...
No matter what Malgus believed in, turning against the Empire was a mistake. Imperials need unity, not to fight each other because some minor ideological differences. Allegiance to the dark side is what matters. And he threw it away because of bunch of aliens, got himself killed and weakened the rest of Empire. There's nothing to praise him for.

I would have joined in a heartbeat. Crushes me everytime you reach that part where he announce "One of you vowed to join the new empire. But which one? Im certainly not telling".

Y U DO DIZ BIOWARE?

Edited by Idunhavaname

I would have joined in a heartbeat. Crushes me everytime you reach that part where he announce "One of you vowed to join the new empire. But which one? Im certainly not telling".

Y U DO DIZ BIOWARE?

Yes, i hate that tease. At first i assumed it was a clever hint at something larger, but then i quickly realized it was a stupid attempt to make Malgus seem deceptive towards the group.

It would be nice if there could be a story arc somewhere longer down the line.

In example; The Empire is struggling quite heavily again (Similar to their desperate state during the Makeb storyline) and they need a gigantic miracle to turn the tide.

Malgus comes out of (obviously somehow explained) hiding and pulls the Empire out of desperation and back into the battlefields, with the help of his loyal alien allies.

This act of somewhat blind heroism would be Malgus' final attempt to open the Empire's eyes before they doom themselves permanently.

Because of how he showed the value and power of certain alien alliances, the Empire accepts him back under certain terms and requirements, along with his newly built alien armies.

Then the two finally fuse back together into one, stronger and unified Empire.

It sounds a bit too heroic for the Sith, i know. But it's the only acceptable solution i could think of that didn't involve just forcing down a "New Empire" faction out of nowhere.

This way, we'd see smaller and bigger changes on the Fleet, uniform and future stories that indicate that substantial change did indeed happen within the Empire.

Edited by GhostDrone