Print Screen key doesn't work. Alternatives?

DnvnQuinn

If you have the deluxe or CE edition versions of the game you can use the holocam, which switches to first person view and drops the UI for the picture.

When you say your print screen doesn't work, is it because you can't find the screenshots? If so, they should be under your user directory, for windows machines.

Well you can keybind it to just about anywhere on your keyboard if you change the keybinds in preferences

I've used apple keyboard that does not even have a print screen on it

not a problem

just add another keybind

Edited by Eternalnight

• 10 months later...

The digital edition camera item is not a solution, especially if you want a capture of what's in chat, a character sheet, inventory, other ui element.

Well you can keybind it to just about anywhere on your keyboard if you change the keybinds in preferences

I've used apple keyboard that does not even have a print screen on it

not a problem

just add another keybind

interesting. let me try setting up an alternative bind to print screen.

I would expect it to fall prone to the same problems, but we will see, we will see...

• 4 months later...
Is there a way to put this on a hot-key?

Right click the .exe, go to properties, and click shortcut. It should have a box labeled none with the words "Shortcut Key" on the left. Click the box and press something like Ctrl+Alt+ Num* and click Apply. I haven't tried to use the snipping tool in-game before but if it works let me know.