Half-Twileks: Possible? What happens?

Stenrik

Just wondering...

I mean, as a twilek, you can go on flings and companion marriage with other Twilek's, but what if a human and twilek has a kid? What bothers me is that their brains are partially in their Lekku (head tails). That's a pretty big difference compared to skin color and horns.

So what happens to the kids of a Twilek and a human? Do they get small, half-sized Lekku with a sub-developed Lekku brain? Or are Lekku a dominant trait and come out normal sized, but maybe their skin color is more human? Or are they all stillborn due to genetic incongruity? :(

Edited by Stenrik

There were half-clone/half twilek critters running around in Clone Wars season two...episode called "Deserter." Lekku were stubby and seemed thicker than the pure twilek kids, and mottled between the clone's human skin tone and their mother's Lethan red skin tone.

That was my understanding as well, but some supplemental material indicates that the creators intended for those to be human/Twi'lek crosses.

I'm not a fan of the idea, though.

My initial thought was they were adopted. I am trying to find a quote from a CL forum that made it out that Word of God stated they were hybrids.

Or I just misread it, but the coloration and stubby lekku made sense after reading it, tho.

My initial thought was they were adopted. I am trying to find a quote from a CL forum that made it out that Word of God stated they were hybrids.

Or I just misread it, but the coloration and stubby lekku made sense after reading it, tho.

I believe he adopted them because Kyle left them with their mother. Hey, Kyle could get ANY woman pregnant. (Apologies, couldn't resist the Kyle Katarn joke) :D

The children were adopted by Cut. HOWEVER, according to Wookiepedia, which references the Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia as the source, the children did in fact have a human father.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Suu_Lawquane

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_Character_Encyclopedia

Except does it say anywhere else that the father was human? Sometimes the wiki can be wrong, and since fans could edit the wiki they could go under the assumption that it was a human because of just the episode.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Except does it say anywhere else that the father was human? Sometimes the wiki can be wrong, and since fans could edit the wiki they could go under the assumption that it was a human because of just the episode.

The Character Encyclopedia is what says it. Wookiepedia is referencing that. And apparently the Character Encyclopedia is canon.

But have you (or anyone else in here) CHECKED the Character Encyclopedia? It's all well and good to reference it in a Wookieepedia article, provided the reference is accurate...

It does seem silly that they'd be hybrids, since people would reflexively assume Cut was the father--until thinking thru the fact that the war had been going on just over a year at that point in the show, and the son seems at LEAST a few years old, with the daughter anywhere from 5-7. One could argue "nonhuman physiology" and "accelerated clone DNA", but the kids are just too old to age that much in that short a time, let alone Suu carry them thru gestation to birth. Unless they're like Kes from Star Trek: Voyager, but let's not go there :p It seems like it's a relic, like the idea was MAYBE that Cut was the father, but someone went "Um, guys, the Clone Wars only last 3 years, and we're only a year into it. If we set this episode well after Episode III, okay, but...yeah, Cut can't be their bio-dad" and the half-human bit in their write-ups never got changed, and made their way into the Character Encyclopedia.

Also, Suu is bright pink; her kids are a mottled pink & blue (tho the pink is a bit more 'human' in color). Where did the blue come from? A gene she carried, like two black-haired parents having a red-head kid? The stubby lekku on the boy I took as nothing more than him being so young. The daughter's lekku are a lot longer, but she's a couple years older.