So much CC in pvp

ShatterMask

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. And again, what games are you referring to? Excluding GW2 since it just recently came out and I haven't played it, the only game I know of that had worse CC than this one was Warhammer. How'd that work out for them?

CC in GW2 is far better implemented than in SWTOR. Comparing the two, GW2 characters first of all have much more health compared to the damage classes can do, so classes survive longer and CC has less impact.

Secondly, you can actively dodge attacks including most forms of CC by double tapping one of the movement keys (there is a limit to how often you can do this, but that alone means you can negate a lot of CC)

Finally, CC is on fairly long cooldowns, and only lasts 1 or 1.25 or 1.5 or at most 2 seconds. With only two exceptions that are fear (which can last up to 4 seconds I think) and the turn-into-bird spell. (10 seconds, only CC that is over the top in GW2 atm)

And you are absolutely right about the CC in WAR...And guess what, half the WAR PvP team is now working for Bioware. Hmm...I wonder why we have so much CC :)