Synthweaving: please help...

Wrathz

Greetings everyone!

I am leveling up a Shadow (my favourite character) and I decided to choose the following crew skills: Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld Trading.

I have them all at 400. However, I don't know what to do with Synthweaving, in terms of profiting. I imagine there may be some good Schematics. And I would like to know their names or, what should I do to profit with Synthweaving (if there is any way to profit with it). I have bought the schematics from the trainer (Rakata bracers and belt but that is binded when you craft it... at least it's what I've been told).

Thanks for your time!

Wrathz

I have found for me the best way to make credits is to make the augment slots and sell them, especially the higher level ones Mk_6 as when people get to 50 they really lke to add augment slots to their gear.

Just to confirm really, this is about the only way you're gonna profit with synthweaving. You could try throwing low level blue and purple items on the GTN since a lot of players with high level characters will buy lower level stuff up to gear alts, but Synthweaving doesn't really have the best end game demand short of augment kits and augments themselves.

You can make some profit by selling the socketed gear, but you're not going to get rich doing so. I've found that the lower level recipies sell best. I managed to sell 4 level 11 pieces for about 4k each very quickly with mats i had lying around.

Just to confirm really, this is about the only way you're gonna profit with synthweaving. You could try throwing low level blue and purple items on the GTN since a lot of players with high level characters will buy lower level stuff up to gear alts, but Synthweaving doesn't really have the best end game demand short of augment kits and augments themselves.

You are so wrong here its ridiculous. Armormechs can make kits so much easier due to scavenging giving more free mats that the price of augment kits is so low and the grind is so long it isn't even worth trying on a synthweaver. I find my synthweaver to be my most profitable toon raking in 500k a day or more with extremely little effort. I am not gonna give away any trade secrets here cause I don't want anyone bursting my bubble. But real money in synthweaving is not in kits.

I don't want anyone bursting my bubble. But real money in synthweaving is not in kits.

This.

Augments and kits do well but it's a super saturated market. Your best luck there is when the server is slowand you have a chance to sell gear during the week when people work real jobs. Weekends pep dump hundreds of augments and the price plummets.

Currently jedi are the most popular characters on the servers, pander to the people leveling up new jedi by selling them good armor. It sells fast and sells for much more than your cost in materials.

You'll still aquire stuff for kits but only throw them into as they naturallyaccumulate .

Edited by Kerensk

Not sure the secrets are so secret, not that I really get the best out of my synthweaver.

Low level orange gear - especially belts and bracers.

Low level purple gear

Lower level augments - very low supply of purple augments for levellers but they seem to like to buy them

Purple 21 augments - the stat difference between them and 22s is very small, theres a niche for buyers who have realised they can get 21s at a fraction of 22s

Synths probably need an alt supporting them with slicing and scavenging, that keeps your costs down.