What Happened to the Community Round-Up?

Talon_strikes

Is it ever coming back? I really liked it because it combined a lot of things happening within the galaxy into one single thread we could all discuss about. I really hope it comes back because I was always up-to-date with the latest events and popular threads/discussions going around the community!

Is it ever coming back? I really liked it because it combined a lot of things happening within the galaxy into one single thread we could all discuss about. I really hope it comes back because I was always up-to-date with the latest events and popular threads/discussions going around the community!

Hey HomicidalWhales,

The general consensus I received was that this blog was not well received by our community. I intend to bring it back with a greater focus on just events posted in the Server Forums. But I am always open to leaving the format how it was if people enjoyed the blog. It seemed from the responses in the Round-Up threads that that was not the case, so I wanted to change it to something y'all would (hopefully) like more! I am always open to suggestions since this blog is for y'all and I want it to be useful. :jawa_angel:

Hey HomicidalWhales,

The general consensus I received was that this blog was not well received by our community. I intend to bring it back with a greater focus on just events posted in the Server Forums. But I am always open to leaving the format how it was if people enjoyed the blog. It seemed from the responses in the Round-Up threads that that was not the case, so I wanted to change it to something y'all would (hopefully) like more! I am always open to suggestions since this blog is for y'all and I want it to be useful. :jawa_angel:

If I have any ideas, I know who to send them to now! :D

Thanks a bunch!

:cool:

Edited by HomicidalWhales

Hey HomicidalWhales,

When I read those threads, I mostly see people annoyed that more pressing (and often more controversial) issues are not being talked about. Now that you guys have increased your communication on so many aspects of the game, I think there may be a place for some kind of community round-up without the drama.

Just my 2 credits.

When I read those threads, I mostly see people annoyed that more pressing (and often more controversial) issues are not being talked about. Now that you guys have increased your communication on so many aspects of the game, I think there may be a place for some kind of community round-up without the drama.

Just my 2 credits.

^a million times this.

It's not so much that I actually "hated" the com. round-up so much as the fact that I couldn't stand seeing fluff like that getting posted on a regular basis while we had to endure months of silence on serious (and sometimes game-breaking) issues. Now that y'all seem headed towards competant community management, my (and I'm sure many others) resentment towards stuff like that will be far less, if not gone. :D

Edited by LrdRahvin

As we saw in another thread, there will always be those people that are like, "how can you waste time being friendly and responding to non-issue related posts where there are so many issues?!" That really needs to stop. The community team's ability to communicate information about development is more in hands and time tables of the developers and what they choose to divulge. Making a friendly post, asking fun questions, etc. are not ever preventing them from providing "important" information.

But as for the Community Round-up, I'll admit it's not really something I ever paid much attention to. Occasionally I saw a thread that I might not have otherwise noticed that caught my interest, but it could be made into something better.

As we saw in another thread, there will always be those people that are like, "how can you waste time being friendly and responding to non-issue related posts where there are so many issues?!" That really needs to stop. The community team's ability to communicate information about development is more in hands and time tables of the developers and what they choose to divulge. Making a friendly post, asking fun questions, etc. are not ever preventing them from providing "important" information.

But as for the Community Round-up, I'll admit it's not really something I ever paid much attention to. Occasionally I saw a thread that I might not have otherwise noticed that caught my interest, but it could be made into something better.

I feel bad for the team and having to deal with these people. It's like three million dung-flinging monkeys on 11 keyboards.