No outrage about the vendor rep items?

Eeh... did I claim that?

You didn't say it but your original post does give that impression when you indicate being surprised about people not being upset about what is basically rewarding people who spend money on the game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't say it but your original post does give that impression when you indicate being surprised about people not being upset about what is basically rewarding people who spend money on the game.

No, I was surprised that people are upset that something is expensive but completely possible to get without using a single CC, yet not at all upset that unique models (ugly or not, it's a matter of taste) are hidden behind a wall that requires SOMEONE to buy stuff with CC.

No, I was surprised that people are upset that something is expensive but completely possible to get without using a single CC, yet not at all upset that unique models (ugly or not, it's a matter of taste) are hidden behind a wall that requires SOMEONE to buy stuff with CC.

Well that's the difference between something we already have and something we didn't already have.

As I mentioned in another thread, expensive QoL items like a gtn on your ship or rocket boots had costs up to 5 million. Now things suddenly go up to 50 million. That's a huge step up in credit costs.

The cartel stuff is same as usual, so no, I don't see anything surprising there.

Well that's the difference between something we already have and something we didn't already have.

As I mentioned in another thread, expensive QoL items like a gtn on your ship or rocket boots had costs up to 5 million. Now things suddenly go up to 50 million. That's a huge step up in credit costs.

The cartel stuff is same as usual, so no, I don't see anything surprising there.

It's not the same as usual.

Before, it was mostly the same items as you'd find in the packs, sometimes with an added laser or something to the weapons or a different colour to the armour. There have also been one or two unique models in there.

But this time every single item is unique and not available outside that reputation wall.

That's the "surprising" change.

And as for the GTN or Rocket Boost... you have to remember that when those were introduced at those prices the game was new... very few people could afford it (in fact, I remember the outrage here on the forums over how expensive rocket boost was to unlock fully and how many people claimed they would never unlock it because it wasn't useful enough...)

You have to account for inflation.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

It's not the same as usual.

Before, it was mostly the same items as you'd find in the packs, sometimes with an added laser or something to the weapons or a different colour to the armour. There have also been one or two unique models in there.

But this time every single item is unique and not available outside that reputation wall.

That's the "surprising" change.

Except we've learned that what's unique today isn't unique tomorrow necessarily because of all the reskins etc. So that's no big deal. Add to that that we already have so much cosmetic stuff in the mean time that it's lost it's value to some point.

That's why that difference that you spotted means little to a lot of people I would think.

And as for the GTN or Rocket Boost... you have to remember that when those were introduced at those prices the game was new... very few people could afford it (in fact, I remember the outrage here on the forums over how expensive rocket boost was to unlock fully and how many people claimed they would never unlock it because it wasn't useful enough...)

You have to account for inflation.

Well but that's the thing, inflation happens gradually. People have gotten used to the game having those prices. A lot of people were therefore not motivated to keep saving money beyond that. So now you get a sudden massive increase and of course that shocks people.

They just waited too long and so you have a few people who have way too much money cause they cant help themselves and a bigger group of people who never bothered to follow them cause there was no need.

This step is just to big for them.

Except we've learned that what's unique today isn't unique tomorrow necessarily because of all the reskins etc. So that's no big deal. Add to that that we already have so much cosmetic stuff in the mean time that it's lost it's value to some point.

That's why that difference that you spotted means little to a lot of people I would think.

Of all unique items placed as cartel reputation vendor items, only a single one has been released after that (and that was as a "sexy" version with parts missing)

Well but that's the thing, inflation happens gradually. People have gotten used to the game having those prices. A lot of people were therefore not motivated to keep saving money beyond that. So now you get a sudden massive increase and of course that shocks people.

They just waited too long and so you have a few people who have way too much money cause they cant help themselves and a bigger group of people who never bothered to follow them cause there was no need.

This step is just to big for them.

But they'll grow into it. They'll realize that 50 million isn't that hard to get if you are just willing to work for it.

And if they're not willing to work for it, that's fine too because they still get legacy storage.

I'm not outraged OP. It is pretty much what CM rep has been along. You want that Throne mount no longer available for 100k or whatever it is? If you have a high enough CM rep it is yours. It is the same system. Those that pay for packs get bonuses. Same as it ever was.

I'm not outraged OP. It is pretty much what CM rep has been along. You want that Throne mount no longer available for 100k or whatever it is? If you have a high enough CM rep it is yours. It is the same system. Those that pay for packs get bonuses. Same as it ever was.

But you don't get the throne that the others got... you get a unique one that isn't available anywhere else.

And that's not the point of this thread.

You only read the headline I presume?

Those decorations that need cartel certificates are the only ones that are gated, everything else will be available on the GTN soon enough. Are you new to this game? Imean you would know that, that is why I responded only on what might be an issue, since everthing else is a completly a non-issue here, if it is just about the decoartions of the packs, you will be able to get everything you want without having to buy a single pack, just look into your GTN. Is that really that hard?

Those decorations that need cartel certificates are the only ones that are gated, everything else will be available on the GTN soon enough. Are you new to this game? Imean you would know that, that is why I responded only on what might be an issue, since everthing else is a completly a non-issue here, if it is just about the decoartions of the packs, you will be able to get everything you want without having to buy a single pack, just look into your GTN. Is that really that hard?

This is what I'm talking about.

Not the cartel certificate vendors.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

You're really pulling at straws here.

Every companion customization is unique, for starters, so you can remove all those from the equation already.

Goggles I've seen on another set somewhere, but even if they are unique the first vendor had a unique eyepatch so your point is invalid.

The weapons are all remodels of existing weapons (literally the first one is a Hyperstorm Heavy Cannon with some new doodads), said models just move now. 90% chance of having non-unique firing sounds.

Throne is a remodeled Command Throne. Previous vendors also had the Alderaan Crown and silver podracer so this isn't anything new either.... actually less so since the Throne is less of a unique model than those two.

So no, there's no outrage because this has been going on forever. It's a carrot, nothing more, and when the carrot sucks (like ICE Reputation) nobody chases it. Evidently they learned their lesson somewhat and put in something actually desirable this time.

And no this isn't major content of a patch either, so no-one is outraged because it's just fluff you can 100% ignore.

Kind of hard for Bioware to go:

Legacy Storage! (but it'll cost 50 mil)

Guild Flagships! (but it'll cost 50 mil)

Strongholds! (but it'll cost something reasonable so ok)

Of course we're going be outraged when they want our subs and then give us content blocked by a huge money wall.

TLDR: If you had an issue with Cartel Reputation you missed the boat by like a year, this is nothing new

Also, 3/4 of the current PTS Cartel Packs are unfinished and all contain identical weapon models so as far as we know these 'unique' rewards might be in there recoloured as well, then you'll have nothing to complain about.

I've checked the vendor rep items from Dulfy, and here's what I see:

- no cool items;

- except the hoverchair;

- but the hoverchair's got something that looks like white guano on top of it;

- there'll be another no-hologram hoverchair reskin in one of the next packs, and it'll be available from GTN.

So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.

And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?

That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?

We don't really need to do fp to enjoy the game but we still do fp. we don't really need to do ops, we don't really need to pvp, we don't really need to do gsf, we don't really need to do dailies and we don't really need to do a lot of things. So are you saying people should not complain about lack of content in game? You know what we really really don't need? Those cartel pack rep item exclusive vendor items that you are making so much fuss about, they should really really cost lot more than 7000CC and obviously should cost more than 11-12 mil creds.

I'm a bit confused. Are you complaining that there are purely cosmetic items, with no true gaming value at all, that are only available through the Cartel Market by spending real money?

If so, why is that a problem? That's exactly what the CM is supposed to be.

This is what I'm talking about.

Not the cartel certificate vendors.

Nothing new, we have those vendors since the second shipment of the cartel packs. Go buy some different comapanion customisation or some other weapon or another mount on the GTN that looks similar. I still don't see what is the big issue? We even have the CE store from the beginning of the game, where one can find companion customisations that are only there, that is part of the game that if you want to collect everything you have to do what collecters usually do, spending money! So, this is mostly a feature for collectors, if you are not a collector, then it is not for you, simple as that!

So people are outraged that guild ships are 50 mil despite it being pretty easy for a guild to scrape that together.

And they are outraged because the cost to unlock all 5 tabs in the legacy bank is 50 mil even tho they don't really need the tabs.

But nobody cares that you'll have to buy at least one hypercrate, but most likely more, of the new cartel packs to get to the unique models sold by the pack reputation vendor?

That's at least 7000 cc or 11-12 million credits just to be allowed to ship for those items.

And nobody is upset?

Really?

The models aren't unique, more than one person will be able to buy them.

The gambling pack reputation has been with us since (almost) day one of the CM.

You don't need the CM rep vendor items to engage in new content.

So, basically, COMPLETELY different things.

Edited by Grayseven