Bio Chemists, What do we want?

Krayshawn

There may already be an existing thread for this but i did not see one within the first 3 pages.

BioChem is an amazing skill to have for both PvP and PvE. The reusable(s) are great but since they said long ago in a Q&A i don't feel like searching for, that new tiered consumables will not be reusable, we need new things to keep us with the craft. Please use this tread for suggestions, ideas and a discussion over such things.

BTW, how cool would it be tanks if we could give up an implant slot for specialized mitigation.

I sell a TON of purple implants for great money. Augmented go for even more.

Swijr

Oh sure money potential is not a problem, i mean cool things to add in the future, when crew skills expand to 600/600 etc. This should just be a general discussion.

Seriously, bio does not need anything to make it more attractive right now.

Agreed, but how will the developers know what the players want if we dont discuss future ideas. The craft has a lot of potential.

We have seen relics providing dots etc; what about a kolto belt ( i know stupid just an example).

Oh sure money potential is not a problem, i mean cool things to add in the future, when crew skills expand to 600/600 etc. This should just be a general discussion.

lvl 60 implants and consumeables?

I think it would be nice if we could craft augmented implants that are custom like all the other crafts can now. I'm not talking being able to craft war hero/campaign implants with all the stats but an empty orange implant that can have any implant you acquire placed in it like a mod. I would like to be able to craft an augmented custom implant that I can put my War Hero implant I purchased in so I can have the expertise and augment slot (or sell on GTN) since all other crafts can make themselve custom augmented weapons/gear for themselves or GTN (which always have a steep price).

Especially since 1.2 only gave us 1 new thing to craft and it's really only to get Tauntlet (whose value got knocked down some when everyone got the free tauntaun pet). Add to this the fact that they nerfed our Rakata stims once more to make them barely better than the Hyper Stims that anyone can buy and worse than the Exotech stims which just aren't practical for long term use do to them not being reusable and expensive to make or buy.

one thing they could do is to make those consumables less costly to make,

that would get people to actually use them outside of the reusables, which in turn would form a healthy pool of buyers for the market (since unlike equipments where you only need one and thats it, atleast until next patch hits or whatever).

one thing they could do is to make those consumables less costly to make,

that would get people to actually use them outside of the reusables, which in turn would form a healthy pool of buyers for the market (since unlike equipments where you only need one and thats it, atleast until next patch hits or whatever).

Consumables are only really purchased at cap which you're right, sucks. Instead of reducing mat costs, they should just increase product output. So instead of making 1 at a time, it's 2 and if you crit, it's 4.

This is ONLY good for sub 50 though, at 50 the non biochems are going through stims and adrenals like it's no body's business.

Swijr

Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can. Seems silly that we can't craft rakata implants (with aug slots). The implant market, whilst you can make money off it, is pretty limited as most level 50s just grind dailies for a short time and buy themselves rakata implants anyway.

Beyond being able to make top-tier implants for ourselves, I think I'd just like to lower the crafting cost for adrenals/stims/medpacs. Trying to make blue stims for people costs a lot of money, which means I have to sell them for a lot of money which means only serious raiders bother to buy them, and even then its rare. I don't even bother making adrenals as they aren't worth it. With medpacs now only being 1 use per fight, having reusables is less of an advantage.

Its still a strong craft, and being able to make consumables will always be worth while as a profession, just wish we could make more usable stuff for a reasonable cost.

Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can.

We already can. If you reverse engineer the level 49 implants they are better than the Rakata in many cases. My shadow tank is a Biochem and I ground up the tanking implants because they provided much better mitigation than the crappy Rakata implants.

Biochems should be able to craft top-tier implants that are bound on pickup, just like artifice, armourmech and synth can. Seems silly that we can't craft rakata implants (with aug slots). The implant market, whilst you can make money off it, is pretty limited as most level 50s just grind dailies for a short time and buy themselves rakata implants anyway.

Beyond being able to make top-tier implants for ourselves, I think I'd just like to lower the crafting cost for adrenals/stims/medpacs. Trying to make blue stims for people costs a lot of money, which means I have to sell them for a lot of money which means only serious raiders bother to buy them, and even then its rare. I don't even bother making adrenals as they aren't worth it. With medpacs now only being 1 use per fight, having reusables is less of an advantage.

Its still a strong craft, and being able to make consumables will always be worth while as a profession, just wish we could make more usable stuff for a reasonable cost.

Unlike the other professions, we must wait for schematics to drop in Ops, such as the cruddy tionese schematic i got.

Exotech schematics have a low drop rate. Bioware needs to make these more readily available both inside and outside of operations.

no kidding. for exotech stims, only 2 person selling per type.. basically these few guys corner the market on gtn at my server. my hyper stims are not able to sell at cost price.

Yeah, the prices of consumables on my server baffle my mind, Ultimate Medpacks at 6k ea, that's absurd i put like 25 in my guild bank everyday. I really want to see something awesome one day in the future, for example: at least let us craft/sell/ and RE PvP consumables (for alt purposes) maybe even a reusable one.

Can someone actually remind me why the reusables were stamped with a Biochem requirement? If there weren't one, there would be the Biochemists' market to make credits and a reason for others to 'stay away' from Biochem and craft other things.

It would be unfair to biochemists if they didn't get something exclusive, implants are good enough cash IMO. Unfortunately there wont be any new reusables...

I don't know the whole extent of what other Skills can craft, but why would it be unfair if Biochemists didn't have exclusive use of reusable stuff? Do other Skills have exclusive use stuff (barring Cybertech and their grenades, only because I know of them and also don't really see why they need to be exclusive as opposed to marketable)? Edited by IconicNStarwarsy

I don't know the whole extent of what other Skills can craft, but why would it be unfair if Biochemists didn't have exclusive use of reusable stuff? Do other Skills have exclusive use stuff (barring Cybertech and their grenades, only because I know of them and also don't really see why they need to be exclusive as opposed to marketable)?

Well i mean BoP stuff, yes our non-rakkata reusables arn't BoP because they are simply artifact tiered from RE. The Blues are marketable, it would be unfair if a rich guy had every sing unique consumable. Also to keep from using if they drop the trade(for the BoPs).

Rich people always have an obvious advantage over the poor, but I'm just trying to find a reason to level up a Skill on a PvP toon that's not Biochem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that I can just buy everything I need from other crafters and then have my reusables on top of that.

What Biochem, and the game as a whole, needs is affordable Adrenals. Make it so that non-biochemists can afford to buy and use them almost as frequently as we can use our reusables. That way Biochem becomes a less essential endgame skill as well as us gaining another line of products to sell. For it to work you'd need to be able to sell Hyper Adrenals for about 2k each I think (at most) would be a realistic option for use in Operations. That means that the current schematics should be changed so that they produce a stack of 10.

That would come close to what I'm talking about but still would not quite be 'there', because it suggests that 'others' need to spend credits repeatedly in order to keep a stash of medpacks/adrenals, as opposed to a 'biochemist' only needing to buy a symbolic piece of gear produced by another crafter once.

or... as I've said before...

BIoware needs to basically do 1 of 3 things:

1. Remove the skill restriction on the reuseables

2. Up the yield on the adrenals by a factor of at least 20. (medpacks by at least 5)

3. Remove the reuseables entirely.

Any of the three will probably work.