Who's the best jedi master/father figure in the Star Wars universe?

Benfea

Ok, mother figures too, but I thought adding yet another slash would've been obnoxious in the title.

Anyway, in all of Star Wars (including the extended universe from books, comic books, games, etc.), who is your favorite?

My favorite would be Jolee Bindo, mostly because I find cranky old people inherently funny. Also, the fact that he can use dark side powers without actually falling to the dark side is pretty darned impressive.

Best father figure is hands down Oh Big One :)

Obi-wan was the perfect fatherfigure.

As a master/trainer I'd say Yoda. Our little green friend sure had extreme force knowledge and had been training Jedi for over 800 years, you can't beat experience :)

Had Yoda trained Anakin, he would have ******slapped him in his place before it was too late. Obi-wan was too nice and too much of a "father".

When we combine the roles, I'd have to say Yoda.

Had Yoda trained Anakin, he would have ******slapped him in his place before it was too late. Obi-wan was too nice and too much of a "father".

Yeah, because he did such a great job with Count Dooku and Luke who both turned to the dark side at one point or another.

Kreia. Ftw.

Somehow, I knew someone was going to say that. Were you being ironic? Kreia seemed as harmful to her pupils as, well, to everyone and everything else. That makes for an incredibly interesting character in a story, but a truly horrible parental figure and/or teacher.

Edited by Benfea

Somehow, I knew someone was going to say that. Were you being ironic? Kreia seemed as harmful to her pupils as, well, to everyone and everything else. That makes for an incredibly interesting character in a story, but a truly horrible parental figure and/or teacher.

That's why she'd have to be married to Jolee Bindo.

In fact, that sounds like a great SW sitcom.... My idea Lucas, MINE!

Father Figure: Han Solo. Raised his kids really well (except for the whole Jacen-becoming-a-Sith-Lord thing, which really doesn't make much sense anyway.)

Male Master: Luke Skywalker. Reforged the Jedi Order, and managed to reign in the likes of Kyp Durron.

Mother Figure: Toss up between Leia and Mara. Both did an incredible job with Jaina, and Mara's love for her son allowed her to overcome a Yuuzhan Vong poison.

Female Master: If you ignore the whole retcon into Sith Lord, Vergere. The Potentium may in and of itself be bunk, but she really brought new ways of learning and thinking to Jacen, and Luke's Jedi Order as well.

Kreia. Ftw.

Oh god. The Ending to KotOR 2. She practically comes on to you... ANYWAYS...:eek:

Qui-Gon Gin is the father figure. There is nobody else. ;)

Best male Jedi master is Luke Skywalker; I have to admit, he did remake the Jedi order. :p

Best female Jedi master is Bastila Shan, Dat Battle Meditation. Oh and the whole Revan thing... Yeah... That.

Best mother figure is Leia Skywalker most caring person in all the movies. Excluding the part where she kissed her brother to troll Han... Problem? :o