Houses

LordDeWet

I know that there is a ship and a cantina but it would be cool if you had houses and you can interact with the stuff like sleep and you really go lay down and you have your neighbor hood with your big and small houses and your friends can come into your house and have a party (Like sims) but you build like a planet with he houses on and you hve your rich class and that you also can buy credit pack that gives you more credits

Wasn't this part of the concept with... what was that... Star Wars Galaxies? It's a thought but in this type of game it would be very pointless and seem like they're just trying desperate things to make money. I will admit running around on planets for some reason made me want to re-instal Second Life and look at what has changed in that game if it's still even running.

Wasn't this part of the concept with... what was that... Star Wars Galaxies?

Yes, we had player houses in Galaxies and it was awesome actually :)

I dont think the same concept if possible in this game but what they can do at least is to allow us to have instanced appartments in the capital cities or something like that.

Create instanced neighborhoods on planets like Tatooine, Hoth, Voss, Balmorra, and Taris.

Coruscant and Dromund Kaas would be harder... Where do you find room for a house on all-buildings Coruscant?

about that were do you get the space do you know how big some of those buildings are maybe they need to reduces the size of some of those places and maybe on diffrent planets you can have more expensive places to live in and almost like WOW were you have more character commands (not sure) so that you can do more character things like drink coffee etc please tell me what do you think

If they did this it would have to be like galaxies, full customization of the house, trophies, etc. But still is pointless, the game doesn't have enough fluff for it yet

Please what fluff does the game still need

and i have watched galaxies on you tube that game does not look like this one it is more of a very old game and i think if you bring the houses in here there will be a very big diffrent and if they bring the houses in maybe you can buy large house with cartell coins.

While houses would be cool, I'm not sure they could get them to work with TOR's engine the way we would like them to work. However, I do like the idea of at least having instanced neighborhoods/apartment buildings. It could be an area where guild members can enter so your guild becomes more of a community, and other players outside of the guild can enter if invited by a member who has permission.

Again, this is just wishful thinking on my part. BioWare obviously has plans laid out for the rest of the year and I doubt player housing will come up any time soon.

Not sure this is possible in this game.

This was one of a small handful of superior things about Galaxies, so I'm absolutely with you that it is a shame you can't customize your living space more and be inviting to folks.

- Arcada

this game is far too simple for something like that. that is the wow clone models of mmos.

housing in games will never be the quality level those of us that played eq2 are used to. where the game actually had harvested housing items in instances and raids. multitudes of crafted, faction bought and quest reward items were in game. crafted spec swapping mirrors. crafted portals to guild halls and to certain zones. sales crates where you would NOT pay a ah fee if you went to the house and bought it there. the most lucrative crafters made such items and they sold well. hours if not days were spent decorating your homes.

guild halls had trophies of the raid bosses killed whose pedestal required a crafter. everything in a house could be placed in a guild hall too.

just think of the complexity a mmo can have when you dont have pvp in it at release. that includes raids, crafting and gear.

Just not that kind of a game

I liked SWG but that style of game is gone and dead

Raid, warzones and storylines. That is what this game is all about

LOTRO isnt anything like SWG but LOTRO still released with instanced player housing. Whether adding it into SWTOR at this stage is another matter. If creating player housing takes away dev resources from releasing other content like OP, FP or BGs then i'd be against adding player housing.

Wouldn't a house make this game feel more like an RPG and less like, well whatever MMO's are these days... grinds? Fashion shows?

If it were to be added it would be an optional feature. Just cause something is in game doesnt mean you have to do it. Like above i was talking about how LOTRO has player housing. But just because it had it doesnt mean that i messed around with it. Once it becomes mandatory to go to your house for w/e reason, then i think it would be a problem.

As a fan of SWG I would love to see player housing in SWTOR. I know it is divisive but its an additional feature that a lot of gamers enjoy - if its not a compulsory requirement I don't see the problem. I would personally feel a lot more 'connected' to my characters if I could 'go home' at the end of a play session and log out in a little corner of the universe I had made my own!

*I am in no way suggesting we should follow SWGs model, I'd settle for an instanced apartment in DK! But if the Devs are reading I'd really love a house on Tatooine :p

I love the thought of a personalized home, but what i would really like to see is a Legacy power base for our toons on a planet both rep & imp toons have access too, something we can customize some rooms imp some rep or all of one depending on you're faction loyalties of your toons.

GTN & mails & fluffy artifice & bio chem labs, trophies of past kills.

Someone said we do not have enough fluffy items in this game to do it but the launch of player power base/housing would be the perfect time to launch it. Sith inquisitors have a power base in Kass city, but we have no access to it, how about the toons all get one to share as legacy family :D

The customization of power bases or housing would be a huge time investment to the game that i would enjoy, if people don't like the idea then they do not have to participate.

Edited by DarthVec

I would love to see housing come into SWTOR like we had in Galaxies....I spent DAYS decorating my houses, and it gave motivation to master craftsman skills like Architect for example to make your own houses and furniture. It was like a whole other seperate game, just very relaxing and a nice break from the combat, a really immersive facet.

Best thing about it was you could drop for example a full set of armour in there and it would stand like a statue, people had full displays of the rarest armour in game. It just integrated beautifully with the game and became like a museum to your achievements, you looted a Krayt Dragon skull....in this game...meh junk sell it, in that game, drop it in your house, instant massive ornament......I could go on for hours.

How would this integrate here? Well without a Sandbox environment and a hell of a lot of free-roam added, you wouldn't have the space, I can only see it becoming a reality if they added an instanced area for example for your houses, or if they made Capital style ships to serve as your space, or if they opened up an outer instanced ring on the fleet so we had apartments up there or something.

No this isn't Galaxies, it is worlds apart, but there is no reason why they can'y come up with something to satiate this little desire a lot of us have :)

Edited by Vigilanis

Hmm ... I'm not sure if something like that would work in SWTOR.

I know SWG had that - you had towns made of just players, a town hall, vendors, cantina. But than again - SWG was a LOT different. I mean you could make a living off of being a dancer or musician for heaven's sake! (Ahh - those were the days (*⌒∇⌒*) )

With SWTOR I feel like it is too different to be tastefully implemented. This game is more centred around PvP, Storyline content, battling, real nitty gritty stuff - like blowing up buildings!

Maybe if they allowed you to customize your ships interior that could work? Like allowing you to mount things on the walls, add vendors, ect. I think that would be as close as SWTOR would be able to get with player housing.

If they impliment player housing then they need to make sure they vanish when people are long gone, I remember Galaxies having complete cities of abandoned players that had left their entire wealth in the building pool and it refused to vanish.

I belive a capital ship in orbit near fleet would be the better idea!

If they impliment player housing then they need to make sure they vanish when people are long gone, I remember Galaxies having complete cities of abandoned players that had left their entire wealth in the building pool and it refused to vanish.

I belive a capital ship in orbit near fleet would be the better idea!

Yeah in some games you pay an upkeep of xxx amount of credits/gold after say 2 months in arrears they go, if returning players want to start it up again them put some feature in to return the base/home to them.

Personally i think it should be a private instance so the fact people quit does not matter you only get to see your home or base not any one else's unless you group with them then you can choose to enter the home that belongs to you or your buddy.;)

I do not like the thought of guild ships, thats just something for a leader to have fun with when customizing & thats the aim of the fun is customizing it the way you want it, so its homes or power bases for me.

• 2 weeks later...
buying your own flat on nar shaddaa or coruscant would be cool, but guild capital ships must be the priority feature where bioware must spend their resources to create. :cool:

I also see your point with the guild maybe they can make the house on the guild ships or town or city depending on the size of the guild

From galaxies myself. Never played a game I loved more. Just because of the extra quiet and relaxing things it gave us.

But closer to what was mentioned about legacies, I have to say, I would love to log into an instance, that had all my created characters in it. Like the companions on our ships. Dressed in their latest gear. With player like stats showing on their names, titles, hp and such. With their affiliation to the current character. (Child/marriage et cetera) and their Pub/Imp symbol.

Being a military style game, it would be interesting to see our greatest kills as trophy like plaques. Or our choices for prisoners from (light side/dark side) options in conversations, cowering in a celled room. (Limited number, and selectable for who shows as prisoner, of course.)

Along with a fast-food (golden arches) style "now serving" style, "[character name] has killed this many [number of] enemy forces." Proudly displayed on our "military wall of honors." With misc other awards/commendations.

:D

Edited by DarkSideSkillz

Yeah in some games you pay an upkeep of xxx amount of credits/gold after say 2 months in arrears they go, if returning players want to start it up again them put some feature in to return the base/home to them.

Personally i think it should be a private instance so the fact people quit does not matter you only get to see your home or base not any one else's unless you group with them then you can choose to enter the home that belongs to you or your buddy.;)

I do not like the thought of guild ships, thats just something for a leader to have fun with when customizing & thats the aim of the fun is customizing it the way you want it, so its homes or power bases for me.

Not necessarily. I would prefer as a guild leader myself that my guild become involved in the customizing of the guild ship. It belongs to the guild not to me or at least that is my way of looking at it.