Synthweaving suggestion

darthinfimus

I was talking with some guild members today and we all unanimously agreed that color crystals are completely useless for synthweaving. I thought it would be a cool idea to allow synthweavers to make dyes for armor using them, kind of like in other MMOs. instead of using a purchased reagent to make the dyes though the color crystals could be combined to make different colors for robes and other armor. Most of the synthweavers in my guild that i spoke with wind up vendoring them rather than selling them on the AH as they are a bit more rare to find in quantity.

• 5 months later...

Great idea!

I was searching for a post on how Synthweaving is the most annoying crafting skill and found this :)

I came to that conclusion because of the uselessness of colour crystals, having to rely on Underworld Trading, which often has no missions for fabric available, topped off by being the only crafting skill that requires FOUR crew skills to make everything. I refer to needing Scavenging for metals or compounds to make some of the heavier orange armour pieces (Sure, augments also require another skill, but that's even across the board)

Great idea!

I was searching for a post on how Synthweaving is the most annoying crafting skill and found this :)

I came to that conclusion because of the uselessness of colour crystals, having to rely on Underworld Trading, which often has no missions for fabric available, topped off by being the only crafting skill that requires FOUR crew skills to make everything. I refer to needing Scavenging for metals or compounds to make some of the heavier orange armour pieces (Sure, augments also require another skill, but that's even across the board)

Give me a break, You can count on one hand the number of synth schematics that require scavenged metals. Synthweaving does not "REQUIRE" scavenging (and I believe they all use electrum).

As for color crystals, I agree that it is mildly annoying that something that is gathered by archeology cannot be used by synthweaving, and this is the only case of this type in this game, but there are instances of this throughout MMOs. The intent is to encourage trade between players/characters.

Give me a break, You can count on one hand the number of synth schematics that require scavenged metals. Synthweaving does not "REQUIRE" scavenging (and I believe they all use electrum).

If you count the faction-specific sets separately there are 22 different SETS of synthweaving schematics that use scavanged metals/compounds. At 5-7 armor pieces per set I'd hardly call that insignificant. The scavanged metals required for these sets include plasteel, lacquerous, laminoid, resinite, diatium, chanlon, polyplast, phobium and electrum. Did I miss any?

Great idea for the dye OP. Artifice can't use all the color crystals that are generated and they end up collecting dust or getting vendored - what a waste.

If you count the faction-specific sets separately there are 22 different SETS of synthweaving schematics that use scavanged metals/compounds. At 5-7 armor pieces per set I'd hardly call that insignificant. The scavanged metals required for these sets include plasteel, lacquerous, laminoid, resinite, diatium, chanlon, polyplast, phobium and electrum. Did I miss any?

Great idea for the dye OP. Artifice can't use all the color crystals that are generated and they end up collecting dust or getting vendored - what a waste.

That's also assuming that you manage to get every piece from every set...difficult to say the least. The average player, like myself, will only have a handful of these schematics.

Edited by psandak

That's also assuming that you manage to get every piece from every set...difficult to say the least. The average player, like myself, will only have a handful of these schematics.

Thanks Sarenne for the come back! I'd also like to add that even if there were only 5 pieces, that is still an infinite amount more than any other set, which have 0.

And although they are only a handful for the average player, they are the ones you want to make! Orange items!

I have no problem with different types of crafting being unique, but some are just so bad. Lets have a look.

Artifice - can use all materials and get Gift Fragments

Armstech - Can use all materials

Armormech - can get stuck with only fabrics

Biotech - can use all materials, get to boost alignment, benefit of purple items debatable

Cybertech - can get stuck with only fabrics

Synthweaving - can get stuck with only metals, get useless colour crystal missions, need materials they can't harvest

That's a lot of inequality.

Easy fix, change the scavenged metal requirement to underworld metals, easy! Done! Print it!

Edited by Evgen