LvL 55 FP Cademimu Bugged

Today i just encounter a bug in Camimu FP at the last Boss: General Ortol... now instead of point one in the team with the blue chakles.. he chakles EVERYBODY in the team!!.... i use my Unbrakeable will to take off them but.... he continued doing that.. after 5 trys i just quitted the misison and i wont be playing that FP until its fixed.

Its a shame cuz its the brand "new" FP lvl 55... and its bugged already and with the repairs cost this high, i wont waist credits trying to find if its debugged or not.

In case you didn't know, it is an AOE shackle. He targets one player and everyone close to that player also gets shackled.

While that's true, the fight is still bugged. I ran it tonight and I couldn't unshackle the tank as a gunslinger. When he was shackled I ran up to him, ran over him, around him, and no matter what, I couldn't break him out. The healer had to break him out and for some reason the healer was the only one I could break out. Maybe there's some sort of hidden part to the fight that when someone gets shackled, only certain people can break them out. Next time I run it I'll look more carefully to see if I get a buff/debuff telling me I can break the guy out.

While that's true, the fight is still bugged. I ran it tonight and I couldn't unshackle the tank as a gunslinger. When he was shackled I ran up to him, ran over him, around him, and no matter what, I couldn't break him out. The healer had to break him out and for some reason the healer was the only one I could break out. Maybe there's some sort of hidden part to the fight that when someone gets shackled, only certain people can break them out. Next time I run it I'll look more carefully to see if I get a buff/debuff telling me I can break the guy out.

Yes but that is not the bug the OP is talking about.

I didn't say it was a bug.

He didn't say that you said so. He was talking about the OP.

Also, that does happen, if you stand too close to one another. If you didn't, and he still shackled you, it might be considered a bug.

I love how bads think things are bugged when they don't do the instance correctly

While people do like to blame bugs for bad perfomance, in this case it is true, there really is a bug with the shackles and it is mentioned in the dev tracker.

[bUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles | 04.24.2013, 06:42 PM

I did some research into this and I wanted to pass on the details of exactly what is happening with this bug and its current workaround while we work on a fix.

When fighting General Ortoll, throughout the fight he will throw shackles on a player and all players in that immediate area. Typically, what needs to happen is that a player needs to run across a shackled player in order to break them free.

Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

I will work on getting this on the known issues list. Thank you all for your reports I will get an update posted as soon as I know more, we are actively on fixing this issue.

-eric

In case you didn't know, it is an AOE shackle. He targets one player and everyone close to that player also gets shackled.

So if its not a bug at and just part of the FP mechanics. Why they can'y be broken? you stand on them and you dont brake them. why all the team players are affected if they are far from each other? and not just the close ones as you mention.

So if its not a bug at and just part of the FP mechanics. Why they can'y be broken? you stand on them and you dont brake them. why all the team players are affected if they are far from each other? and not just the close ones as you mention.

That's what is explained above.

The bug is not the shackles being an AoE effect (not sure about its range though), the bug is that only the original target can be freed by other group members running over them. Everybody should be able to get freed by others. That doesnt happen now.

Known issue but I highly doubt it's happening that many times to one person in one fight. I can see over multiple tries though. That said, cc break, force speed with root break talent, Hydraulic Overrides, and other anti root talents/abilities do work and are normally on fairly short CDs. While not a novel idea, I'd suggest respeccing when this FP pops for you. If its not something you want to do, you could always just leave the FP, wait out your queue CD, and queue again without this FP selected. So far it's only been an issue once when our group wiped 3 times because of it. I usually play my Merc or PT so it does not affect me as much as other classes. Hydraulic Overrides FTW.