Jugg and other pulls and jumps

Talizzar

Should there be a defense for the Juggs leaping ability? You knock them down and boom they are right back in your face again or they are force leaping across the Huttball map and there is little anyone can do about it.

If a sorc had their bubble up I could see the jump bounce off or just fail and I am sure other classes might have similar defenses.

The cooldowns on these leaps/pulls etc. needs to be increased greatly.

I gotta agree that its annoying trying to pin them down but its pretty important to the class. Melee has enough problems with knockbacks and snares, even it it was a 3 sec increase it would ruin warriors.

That said, I think there should be a barrier between the pit and team ledge in hutt ball to prevent any warrior with the from wandering in and just waiting for respawns, then jumping up and capping the ball without a struggle.

It's a 15 second cooldown only refreshed when we use another cooldown (Force Push). Further, last I checked, you have a knockback yourself. So if what you're saying is someone jumps at you, you immediately use you knockback and expect to be free... yeah, huge problem there.

Maybe next time you knock the juggernaut off the edge, instead of stepping near the ledge to DPS him, you should step back so he can't come back up to get you. It's called LOS. Every class has this ability. If you can't LOS due to positioning, work on it.

I gotta agree that its annoying trying to pin them down but its pretty important to the class. Melee has enough problems with knockbacks and snares, even it it was a 3 sec increase it would ruin warriors.

That said, I think there should be a barrier between the pit and team ledge in hutt ball to prevent any warrior with the from wandering in and just waiting for respawns, then jumping up and capping the ball without a struggle.

You need to take away ALL class unique movement abilities in Huttball if you do something like that.

That means force runs, ally pulls, enemy pulls and possibly even Knockbacks. That sounds like a boring Huttball doesnt it.

The problem is people have no situational awarness and allow themselves to be jumped to not the ability.

It's a 15 second cooldown only refreshed when we use another cooldown (Force Push). Further, last I checked, you have a knockback yourself. So if what you're saying is someone jumps at you, you immediately use you knockback and expect to be free... yeah, huge problem there.

Maybe next time you knock the juggernaut off the edge, instead of stepping near the ledge to DPS him, you should step back so he can't come back up to get you. It's called LOS. Every class has this ability. If you can't LOS due to positioning, work on it.

spams the target and leap, dont even have to be waiting at a ledge. just jumps as soon as the guy crests to get in the pit to kill him. Warrior on ledge, other guy in pit, free cap.

You need to take away ALL class unique movement abilities in Huttball if you do something like that.

That means force runs, ally pulls, enemy pulls and possibly even Knockbacks. That sounds like a boring Huttball doesnt it.

The problem is people have no situational awarness and allow themselves to be jumped to not the ability.

I wouldn't mind the pull because that means someone is on the ledge anyway and D isn't doing its job.

IDK maybe i just need to stop playing with pugs.

spams the target and leap, dont even have to be waiting at a ledge. just jumps as soon as the guy crests to get in the pit to kill him. Warrior on ledge, other guy in pit, free cap.
I am aware of Intercede. Now I can't tell if you mean his team mate or if you mean your team mates.

If you mean Intercede to a friendly target, perhaps instead of focusing on the juggernaut you should be knocking off his team mates so this can't happen?

If you mean he is jumping to an enemy player to score, perhaps you shouldn't allow this to happen by not standing at the edge.

It's not about abilities, as every class has an ability that can move either a friendly or enemy target in some form or can leap to that person. You need to be aware of what other classes can do in PVP to counter it.

If you expend the energy to knock someone down they should not be able to immediately be right back in your face. You mileage may vary.

I understand line of sight.

Knock backs do not always work so obviously there is a mechanism to defeat that.

Unless you can melt everyone around in less than a second then telling people to kill his buddies etc is not a valid comment.

People should not be looking into the pit from their spawn area because of this.

Being able to leap every 15 second for a skill that is quite superior in a WZ is pretty nice.

A Sorc can pull but they are glass cannons unless they are healers and the end zone is probably not the best location for a teams healer if you are lucky enough to get one.

Does resolve have impact on the ability to force leap into someone's lap? If not maybe it should.

Resolve doesn't affect jumping, but resolve also doesn't shield me from your ranged attacks, so that's a moot point. Resolve might should affect the snare of a force charge but it definitely shouldn't prohibit jumping to the person.

You are a ranged DPS. You are claiming that a guardian/warrior is jumping back up at you, using force charge? But you are knocking them back, and that should seal the deal? If this is happening, as I said earlier, then: You let the warrior walk up to you without attacking beforehand? Because if they are charging to you, then clearly they didn't jump on you originally.

Further, you claim you're a glass cannon? So your suggestion is to make us sitting ducks? No, you're not comprehending. Don't you have, I don't know, a shock ability? A whirlwind? You can't kite? Well, I see... hmm. Don't you also have a sprint? YEEEEEEAH let's just not use any of those perfect counters and stand there, using force lightning. Great.

Talizzar...

"If you expend the energy to knock someone down they should not be able to immediately be right back in your face. You mileage may vary."

Leap is on a 15 second cd, so if you knock someone and they immediately jumped back to you, maybe its time to get a bit more situational awareness and not stand there pew pewing as one walks up to you

"then use it"

"Knock backs do not always work so obviously there is a mechanism to defeat that."

you're seriously complaining about knock-back not working when our leap roots the target from the moment its cast so that in many cases (probably not that often, but still often enough to annoy the crud out of us) the player can move away before we even get there?

"Being able to leap every 15 second for a skill that is quite superior in a WZ is pretty nice."

so is knocking a player away every 20 seconds.

"Does resolve have impact on the ability to force leap into someone's lap? If not maybe it should. "

and does resolve have the ability to stop roots on us, which arguably affects us more than a ranged dps. and seriously, what you're asking is for resolve to completely mitigate a portion one class's damage on you...

I'm not saying that sorc/sages are better off than juggs/knights. In fact personally I see them rather even at the moment. Of course I have no idea if I am playing at a high enough level to be an authority on this issue. But from your comments, the only thing I can say is learn to play (in a nice way). There are probably still things you're not aware of about the game or are not doing that can work against juggs/knights.

So let me get this right. It's ok for you to pew pew up there and you want them to have no way to get to you. But since they can it's unfair?

The usual "I can't counter it, so it's OP" argument.

On the sidenote, I love playing against melee on my Sniper. Smoke grenade (wrecks accuracy), melee stun, blind grenade, immobilize, two knockbacks - and when they finally get to me, I have easily refreshable Ballistic Dampers and Entrench. I usually need only knockback and immobilize to deal with an average melee player. Good ones make me use my entire arsenal, though - but that's only fair.

If you expend the energy to knock someone down they should not be able to immediately be right back in your face. You mileage may vary.

Knock backs do not always work so obviously there is a mechanism to defeat that.

Unless you can melt everyone around in less than a second then telling people to kill his buddies etc is not a valid comment.

People should not be looking into the pit from their spawn area because of this.

Being able to leap every 15 second for a skill that is quite superior in a WZ is pretty nice.

A Sorc can pull but they are glass cannons unless they are healers and the end zone is probably not the best location for a teams healer if you are lucky enough to get one.

Does resolve have impact on the ability to force leap into someone's lap? If not maybe it should.

Do you realize that to charge back at you after being knocked back, he needs to run towards you, completely exposed to your entire arsenal of slows\immobilizes? Because if he charges right away, he has very little opportunity to get back into melee radius - if the enemy knows what they're doing. 95% damage being done in melee, very limited contact time against good players - you do the math. Warriors need charge badly. It's the only thing that makes them unique, it's their only hope of getting into their effective combat radius.

It's only relatively tough if it's a tank with high Expertise under 40% shield wall cooldown (but then his damage is quite pathetic). In DPS specs they're just as squishy (if not squishier, due to lack of powerful defensive cooldowns) as other classes. They need mobility to survive, because, being melee, they're sitting ducks, exposed to all sorts of fire.

Edited by Helig

Juggs, Guardians, Marauders, and Sentinels are already at a pretty big disadvantage in PvP, especially at low levels. Yes, we have the leap ability, but once we use it it's got a somewhat long cooldown. So if we leap to you, then you use your knockback, we're s.o.l. and basically are unable to do ANY damage until the CD on leap is back up. Not to mention we don't get ANY sort of knockbacks for quite a while (I'm 23 on my Jugg and don't have a single knockback ability...makes Huttball an exercise in frustration).