Why not make the 10-49 bracket in warzones completely free to play?

Pahomi

I mean it's not like anyone is expecting much from the 10-49 pugs anyway. It's mostly just mindless fun. It is also pretty addicting. Many subscribers have said that they had a lot of fun in the 10-49 bracket. I seriously don't think that letting everyone play this will negatively affect anyone.

The F2P players will inevitably ding lvl 50 sooner or later and many will fall in love with warzones by then. This is a great way to get new players hooked. A big percentage of them will either subscribe or pay for the monthly pass.

I am actually a good example of this. I am an avid PvP'er but this is my first MMO and came here for the BW storytelling. If I would not have had access to warzones (more than 5 per week...) I would have been long gone from this game.

Another great benefit of this would be that PvP queues would probably pop round the clock. On many servers the pops stop late night / early morning. For those of us who play at those odd hours it would be nice to just jump on a lowbie alt and have some mindless fun with the F2P people.

Anyone see a reason this should not be allowed? Remember, once they hit level 50 they have to pay for warzones. It's good for BW since it would produce more paying customers and it's also good for subscribers since we would get more people to play with in the lowbie bracket. As it stands now, I think many new people will just play through two of the story-lines and then be done with it.

TD;DR: PvP is in this game is very fun and BW should take advantage of it by hooking new players in the 10-49 bracket.

Edited by Pahomi

It's simple really, they will just play the 10-49 brackets forever for free. It's purpose is to get money for extra content. If they make that free why not lvl 50? I actually had more fun in lower brackets than the 50 bracket myself. teams aren't totally lop sided most of the time. accasionally you will run into a 4 man group premade but it's still a good game, not a 3 capper or a straight demolishment.

Lower Bracker not many premades, not many twinks yet because it's not open to F2P, and most of all.....NO endless Gear Grind. It's a loss in swtor's pocket is what it will be. I wouldn't make it F2P either.

The point of F2P is so F2Pers see content they like, like WZs, but to play more they have to either buy off the CM or get a subscription. If they get to play WZs completely free then what's the point in them subscribing?

The point of F2P is to make money, not give all the content away for free.

The point of F2P is so F2Pers see content they like, like WZs, but to play more they have to either buy off the CM or get a subscription. If they get to play WZs completely free then what's the point in them subscribing?

The point of F2P is to make money, not give all the content away for free.

NOOOOO F2P is to lure people in and add more population for the game and if they like it or certain parts of it...they can pay for just that part....like WZ"s or Raids...if you like it all....you SHOULD BE SUBBED. F2P isn't for the poor, its about numbers and getting a little cash out of alot of people. :) If they wanted you to play entirely for free there would be no subs at all....!? F2P is not a wellfare.....its an advertisement/sample...etc

Edited by Lejune

That's actually a really interesting idea.

I'm not a big fan of sub50 PvP - the "cheap, mindless fun" quote above is about right - but that's still fun, and I think the point that it would get people the bug of playing is very good.

The main disagreement that I thought of was already mentioned too: people will just play for free in sub50 (in all probability quitting before wz end to avoid levelling) and never give Bioware the money to keep the game running.

Maybe if levels 10-39 (say, picking a limit out of the air) were free but people had to pay for more than their 5 free matches once they hit 40?

Still plenty of room to get the PvP bug, but a) the strongest lvl 40+ characters would have to pay to rule the lowbie; b) it would get people the idea of paying for PvP before hitting 50, so that a barrier isn't constructed that would stop people advancing to the bigger league.

Would be fairly easy to implement I'd hope. And on the PR side, just say "if you're under level 40, now you can PvP as much as you like." People like to hear they're getting more free stuffs.

Might still get people rolling alts to PvP for free, but there's a limit how many they can have for F2P, plus my guess is that it would make money by tempting more into paying than you'd lose from those sub40 who'd not buy extra PvP matches.

Edited by Wainamoinen

That's actually a really interesting idea.

I'm not a big fan of sub50 PvP - the "cheap, mindless fun" quote above is about right - but that's still fun, and I think the point that it would get people the bug of playing is very good.

The main disagreement that I thought of was already mentioned too: people will just play for free in sub50 (in all probability quitting before wz end to avoid levelling) and never give Bioware the money to keep the game running.

Maybe if levels 10-39 (say, picking a limit out of the air) were free but people had to pay for more than their 5 free matches once they hit 40?

Still plenty of room to get the PvP bug, but a) the strongest lvl 40+ characters would have to pay to rule the lowbie; b) it would get people the idea of paying for PvP before hitting 50, so that a barrier isn't constructed that would stop people advancing to the bigger league.

Would be fairly easy to implement I'd hope. And on the PR side, just say "if you're under level 40, now you can PvP as much as you like." People like to hear they're getting more free stuffs.

Might still get people rolling alts to PvP for free, but there's a limit how many they can have for F2P, plus my guess is that it would make money by tempting more into paying than you'd lose from those sub40 who'd not buy extra PvP matches.

You may be on to something there. I like the 1-39 bracket Idea, I know the intentions of the F2P as I have stated but that is a great option to consider. I mean who wants to really stay at level 39, you can't do much with the character unlike a 49

Edited by Lejune