Jedi Consular and their throwing rocks....

Damhooligan

This animation must be adjusted to show when you have a bunch of rocks being thrown at you. While the attack is lame, the animation is worse and causes a huge imbalance in PVP.

When an Inquisitor gives another player the business in PVP with their equivalent, Force Lightning, you can see it half way across the map. While it is really cool, it is unfair and imbalanced because the Consulars rocks can barely be seen, even if you are the one being hit. Bounty Hunter missiles have a trail, as does other classes blaster blots and melee are easily seen. But the pebbles are damn near invisible.

It's totally ridiculous. It needs to have a lot more white streaks in it or something to denote look, clothie sitting still casting, just like it does for the Inquisitor.

As it is now I am being hit for two or three seconds before I even realize i am being hit, much less where it is coming from and that can make all the difference in a match. Just look how many fricking Consulars are in every Republic PVP team.... they are at least 4 of the 8 in every WZ.

Before you say it even the sound of those pebbles being thrown is minimal and lesser in the noise than everything else. Tick,Tick,Tickicicicicick, Ya can't hear the thing.

There are other issues with Consulars and their non-stop CC, the junky resolve system not working in PVP etc... but this issue with the rocks is immediate and the easiest to fix the imbalance outside of tweaking the numbers for everyone.

PLEASE GIVE CONSULARS MORE EVIDENT ANIMATION IN THEIR PEBBLE THROWING!! :csw_redsaber:

This animation must be adjusted to show when you have a bunch of rocks being thrown at you. While the attack is lame, the animation is worse and causes a huge imbalance in PVP.

When an Inquisitor gives another player the business in PVP with their equivalent, Force Lightning, you can see it half way across the map. While it is really cool, it is unfair and imbalanced because the Consulars rocks can barely be seen, even if you are the one being hit. Bounty Hunter missiles have a trail, as does other classes blaster blots and melee are easily seen. But the pebbles are damn near invisible.

It's totally ridiculous. It needs to have a lot more white streaks in it or something to denote look, clothie sitting still casting, just like it does for the Inquisitor.

As it is now I am being hit for two or three seconds before I even realize i am being hit, much less where it is coming from and that can make all the difference in a match. Just look how many fricking Consulars are in every Republic PVP team.... they are at least 4 of the 8 in every WZ.

Before you say it even the sound of those pebbles being thrown is minimal and lesser in the noise than everything else. Tick,Tick,Tickicicicicick, Ya can't hear the thing.

There are other issues with Consulars and their non-stop CC, the junky resolve system not working in PVP etc... but this issue with the rocks is immediate and the easiest to fix the imbalance outside of tweaking the numbers for everyone.

PLEASE GIVE CONSULARS MORE EVIDENT ANIMATION IN THEIR PEBBLE THROWING!! :csw_redsaber:

And it's unfair my commando has this stupid green beam that comes out when I heal people. At least with the lightning it looks cool and awesome. My green healing beam just looks lame as hell.

Not hard to notice when you start moving slow for no reason, I immediately know rocks are being thrown.

While I agree its not hard to know when you are getting hit by it takes more time to find who is throwing pebbles than a sorc shooting lightning.

While it's a minor problem..... I agree with this. After some time playing it's pretty easy to figure out and something you get used to but as a new player I can see this as being a problem. A small change to make it more visible would be nice. Don't change lightning though... it's pretty bad *****.

While a completely valid concern, it's also not super important. In a WZ with competent PVPers, this becomes a non-issue. I roll into a WZ with my Sent, I immediately know where the Sorcs and Operatives are, I roll in with my Mara, I immediately know where the Sages and Scoundrels are. You know, unless they are invisible.

I roll in with my Sage, people know immediately where I am. And will often roll right past someone at an objective, to come chase after me. And I will happily lead them far far away from the objective, make them sit through 3 bubble mezzes, and then give them a golf clap when they finally kill me, and my team caps the objective. But I digress... Sages have a slight advantage over Sorcs, and NO advantage over Snipers from a visibility standpoint, which I conider a fair tradeoff for the knowledge that my "main" offensive ability, is throwing rocks.

I hope fixing this is like priority item #742 on the dev's list.

Sages have a slight advantage over Sorcs.
Sorc abilties feel more responsive and their bubbles are never buggy. On my sage I have to track the bubble on my buff bar half the time due to it not showing up properly. I'm pretty sure that someone will twist the latter into some form of advantage, as if they wouldnt have attacked the sage if they had known he/she had a bubble on. Edited by MidichIorian

And even bigger issue is how stupidly pathetic project looks. You can't even really see the damn rock hitting people. I really wish BW had just swapped animations between old project and disturbance.

Sages definitely got hit with the nerf bat when it comes to visual coolness. All of the attacks look kinda lame in comparison to a sorc... well except for the ridiculous knock back animation from overload now that it's instant. The sages still looks cool... the sorc... not so much.

As a shadow who tanks in PVE as well as uses a DPS Hybrid in PVP that utilizes TKT, I fully support a flashier and much cooler looking TKT. The pebbles are pretty lame. Wish it was like a "project storm" type of deal where you're throwing tons and tons of much bigger easier to see rocks instead of little puny pebbles.

While they're at it, make consular gear not retarded looking.

As a shadow who tanks in PVE as well as uses a DPS Hybrid in PVP that utilizes TKT, I fully support a flashier and much cooler looking TKT. The pebbles are pretty lame. Wish it was like a "project storm" type of deal where you're throwing tons and tons of much bigger easier to see rocks instead of little puny pebbles.

While they're at it, make consular gear not retarded looking.

Would be cool to throw in pieces of metal along with the rocks. Kind of like how old project did it.

I'd also like the war hero marauder gear to not make me look like a villain from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. :D

Well that's your fault for playing a mara. Didn't you WANNA be a power rangers villain when you rolled that class? =P

Hell I'm pretty sure Lord Zed WAS a pureblood sith!

There was a console star wars game in which some guy named Plo Koon or something that I had never heard of before that (but he is pretty awesome lol) shoots like a laser out of his hand or something crazy like that.

That's what consulars should do. Big straight line pointing at the guy hitting you that screams "zomg kill the squishie!" cuz it's pretty obvious when sorcs do it.

There was a console star wars game in which some guy named Plo Koon or something that I had never heard of before that (but he is pretty awesome lol) shoots like a laser out of his hand or something crazy like that.

That's what consulars should do. Big straight line pointing at the guy hitting you that screams "zomg kill the squishie!" cuz it's pretty obvious when sorcs do it.

He was a Jedi Master on the High Council during the Clone Wars, a good friend of Obi-Wan, and the one to discover Ahsoka Tano. The ability you're talking about is basically a Jedi version of force lightning called electric judgement. Many Jedi were wary of him because of his usage of that skill. I don't know if it's canon though.

Edited by Smashbrother

Yuh. I'm still using PVE set bonuses which means I'm stuck with the look of Tionese gear >_< At least I have a pair of pants.

I use the exalted consular legacy gear on my sage. It looks *********** epic, especially because of the neck ring. I <333 neck rings. So sexy. It's quite unique looking too. Here's a random pic I found of it on google.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/valendir/Screenshot_2012-02-06_06_11_20_761776-1.jpg

Edited by Smashbrother

I use the exalted consular legacy gear on my sage. It looks *********** epic, especially because of the neck ring. I <333 neck rings. So sexy. It's quite unique looking too. Here's a random pic I found of it on google.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/valendir/Screenshot_2012-02-06_06_11_20_761776-1.jpg

I used that for a while but really wanted a hoody (rattataki females need a hat/hoody). Doesnt hurt to have some extra legacy gear to send mods in though. Edited by MidichIorian