Please stop the negative posts

Spacejams

There have been a lot of forum posts from people very upset with the early access launch system, and I think a lot of the people that are excited about the game just as much as you would like all the negativity to stop.

Firstly, these posts only reinforce every negative stereotype about MMO gamers being needy and obsessive; in the grand scheme of things, getting a game 5 days early instead of 7 is not a very big deal.

Secondly, think about the alternatives to an early launch process like this. If Bioware did a normal launch they would let everyone in on December 20th, not the 13th, and we would be stuck getting into the game a week later that is almost guaranteed to crash. A lot of people have predicted that this will be the biggest launch of an MMO ever, and Bioware has no idea how many people they can let in at one time. They only information regarding numbers that Bioware really has is that 250k people played at the same time during Thanksgiving, and expanding that number 10 fold is not something that can just happen by adding a few more servers.

Also, doing the staggered launch randomly or based on CE vs non CE does not help anything. A random launch would leave all of us glued to our email hoping we would get in because there is no hint at all, and letting in CE first would not solve any problems because then you have to somehow distinguish between all of the CE buyers. Also, a lot of people that didn't have/want to spend the extra money would have a very good reason to rightfully be upset.

Lastly, in response to people who are worried about being behind in the race to world first, remember that this is a brand new game, and you are already behind people that played beta to 50, and im sure that you wouldn't argue that Bioware shouldn't have done a beta test. Also, Bioware already stated that servers would open up throughout the week, so if you want, you can join a brand new server in which you can be the first person to 50. Overall, I don't think a few days is going to matter that much in the race to world firsts in a game that just launched.

Lets start this game out with the right attitude and just be a little more positive. Instead of being upset that someone got the game before you, be happy that someone got the game a week early, and you got the game 5 days early. The community is the most important part of an MMO, and starting out with a war against the devs about the launch is not a good way to start.

There have been a lot of forum posts from people very upset with the early access launch system, and I think a lot of the people that are excited about the game just as much as you would like all the negativity to stop.

Firstly, these posts only reinforce every negative stereotype about MMO gamers being needy and obsessive; in the grand scheme of things, getting a game 5 days early instead of 7 is not a very big deal.

Secondly, think about the alternatives to an early launch process like this. If Bioware did a normal launch they would let everyone in on December 20th, not the 13th, and we would be stuck getting into the game a week later that is almost guaranteed to crash. A lot of people have predicted that this will be the biggest launch of an MMO ever, and Bioware has no idea how many people they can let in at one time. They only information regarding numbers that Bioware really has is that 250k people played at the same time during Thanksgiving, and expanding that number 10 fold is not something that can just happen by adding a few more servers.

Also, doing the staggered launch randomly or based on CE vs non CE does not help anything. A random launch would leave all of us glued to our email hoping we would get in because there is no hint at all, and letting in CE first would not solve any problems because then you have to somehow distinguish between all of the CE buyers. Also, a lot of people that didn't have/want to spend the extra money would have a very good reason to rightfully be upset.

Lastly, in response to people who are worried about being behind in the race to world first, remember that this is a brand new game, and you are already behind people that played beta to 50, and im sure that you wouldn't argue that Bioware shouldn't have done a beta test. Also, Bioware already stated that servers would open up throughout the week, so if you want, you can join a brand new server in which you can be the first person to 50. Overall, I don't think a few days is going to matter that much in the race to world firsts in a game that just launched.

Lets start this game out with the right attitude and just be a little more positive. Instead of being upset that someone got the game before you, be happy that someone got the game a week early, and you got the game 5 days early. The community is the most important part of an MMO, and starting out with a war against the devs about the launch is not a good way to start.

They did this release wrong. You know it. I know it. They even know it.

Don't worry though. This negative-nancy won't be playing now and cancelled my pre-order... just like everyone else should do... ask that they reset the servers on the 19th at 2359 so that EVERYONE has equal access to this supposedly wonderful game.

This negative-nancy won't be playing now and cancelled my pre-order....

The most EPIC fail dumb- thing I can imagine anyone doing. The only way to lose is to cancel your pre-order.

Note: NO ONE paid for "Pre-order". You paid for the game in the box or via download, and a month of play, and maybe some other stuff in the box (see: CE).

When you ordered/pay/paid for the game in advance of launch is what pre-order means. The game is not actually out and for sale yet. So pre-order merely means you ordered your copy of the game BOX before the game was playable. You have paid for nothing more.

The carrot that BW dangled as a special offer bonus gift if you chose to pre-order was, they would grant early access of up to 5 days. Dude, five days would be the 15th. That's tomorrow bro. And "up to 5 days" could mean 2 days, who knows?

Things have gone so well in the beta that they decided they would try to start pre-launch play at up to 7 days early access. They are trying to stagger that based on when exactly did you register your pre-launch code from your pre-order. THAT has nothing to do with what edition of the game you ordered, how much money you paid or even when exactly did you order it. Its about what date you registered that code. And even then, with a million people doing same there's bound to be a few errors somewhere.

Plus, the ability to play prior to launch is a bonus gift. How about being grateful? Or maybe mature. Patient? This is one of those situations in which you can learn maturity and patience. Maybe use the time to WIKI those words and skill them up IRL?

Plus, do you really think all the people saying "I just pre-ordered last week and I'm in the first wave" are being honest? Ever heard of griefers?

The stupidest thing I have ever heard of is to cancel your pre-order today. Those whiners without patience of a matter of hours will not be missed. Today or tomorrow you will get your email invite and then you will know what an epic dumb- you really are... as you try to fix it and find you have blown it already. galactic-sized epic fail.

I think this is going to be seen as one of the best MMO launches in the genre.