Female robes. Ugh.

Toravisu

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree there is plenty of "sexy" armor in the game that was designed specifically for female toons. Every thing else is annoying beyond belief. If I wanted my toons/companions to be strippers, I'd buy the gear off the GTN. That said I have one exception to my statement. It would be the Despot's chest piece and any other model similar. I feel it looks less stupid in a female toon than a male.

We could use a toggle that lets us switch between the full chest piece and the tank top version.

Alongside that hood toggle people have been asking for since the game was released, if not longer.

Edited by JediMB

Not every piece has a bare midriff. But too many do.

Depends on which side, it happens a lot more imperial side. On republic side there's really not many bare midriff tops, it's actually hard to find one, once you get over the slave/dancer/... outfits.

play a jedi, their clothing selection is as modest as a nun.

Nuns have a much better sense of color and style.

Jedi clothing in general has been designed with five simple goals in mind....

1) It must cover every square inch from neck to toes.

2) It must be brown or a shade of brown.

3) It must be highly flammable.

4) It must completely restrict movement.

5) It must make a metal bikini look practical and plausible in comparison.

play a jedi, their clothing selection is as modest as a nun.

Except that knight Tython commendation chest armour (and all the uncounted recolourations of it) which, despite nominally being tank gear, is resembling a hooded sports bra more than anything else.

Guess the jedi order wants to desensitise their female knights early so they happily accept the chain mail bikini once it becomes available at social 2. Though why is anybody's guess since Jedi are not allowed to form relationships and there seems little point to dress them in male gaze magnets instead of sensible armour.

Except that knight Tython commendation chest armour (and all the uncounted recolourations of it) which, despite nominally being tank gear, is resembling a hooded sports bra more than anything else.

I think the same model is used for the warrior vest orange chest piece. I've tried selling that on my synthweaver toon but nobody will buy it, even at prices that are barely above vendor rates. It's clearly not a very popular look, and it's easy to see why. Maybe if someone opened a jedi gym on Coruscant some RPers could find a use for it.

Didn't you know? Chainmail bikinis give extra protection!

This is known as the PDF (or 'Passive Defense Factor'), not to be confused with the computer document acronym of the same name.

Ironically, they often do provide extra protection, depending on the type of inserts. And next to the rather humdrum burkas that many people must wear, it's not difficult to see why they are often a garment of choice.

Could we please get actual robes and not a belly dancers outfit when females are wearing them?

And while we're at it, can we also please get a bunch of short skirts and 7-inch stiletto heeled thigh high boots as well? Those long robes are really starting to bore me, need more variation!

This is pretty funny, SWTOR has the least amount of sexy armor of ANY MMO, yet you still have people complaining about the FEW outfits that show a females midriff.... wow unbelievable :rolleyes:

Read the discussion thread(s) again.

It is not complaining about the armour that exist. It is complaining about the armour and clothing that does not exist.

For female characters the choice is: "would you like this nun's habit in brown or red?"," Oops I have misplaced half the fabric of my top", or "I would wear less but the censors insist on these pasties" styles. For the male characters the choice is either "can't show any skin or the other guys will make fun of me" or -one- option for "I'm too sexy for my shirt, aka I'm sure I can pull off this look just as good as Hugh Jackman (cue eye roll)"

We would simply like to see a few more intermediary styles for men, a few more that women think look sexy on them, and a few more intermediary styles on women and especially styles that -women- think look sexy on them (as opposed to what man think looks sexy on women)

So, you don't have to worry. Nobody is going to take away the bikini outfit that you may feel a strong urge to dress your female companions in.

I loved this chest piece https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3i1y60yi5wj86fl/rG1bvCEyWr/Screenshot_2012-12-10_22_02_07_131646.jpg . It's not sexy, but it doesn't make me look like a monk. Unfortunately it wasn't moddable, so I stick with the dancer chest until I get a similar moddable version :rak_03:

Edit: wrong link

Edited by FeniceNera

We could use a toggle that lets us switch between the full chest piece and the tank top version.

Alongside that hood toggle people have been asking for since the game was released, if not longer.

Hey, it's not like Dark Age of Camelot was released with a /hood toggle. Back in 2001. 12 gotdamn years ago.

Nuns have a much better sense of color and style.

Jedi clothing in general has been designed with five simple goals in mind....

1) It must cover every square inch from neck to toes.

2) It must be brown or a shade of brown.

3) It must be highly flammable.

4) It must completely restrict movement.

5) It must make a metal bikini look practical and plausible in comparison.

Win.

If anything The Old Republic Jedi should be WAY more diverse in everything. They already have all the different crystal colours and crazy Force abilities that we'd never seen before (looking at the movies I-VI anyway). So the wardrobe choices should be equally as diverse.

Just look at the Sith... they have some really "out there" looks for their gear (tree roots sticking out of body parts and Ginsu knives sticking out of their shoulders). The Jedi are way behind and if it's not "traditional" then why give us crazy colour crystals? Just give us blue and green and be done.

Back to sexy outfits... I really like the Ancient Arden't Blade's Vest (http://db.darthhater.com/items/2089/ancient_ardent_blades_vest/), which is delicate and deadly at the same time and strength-based for Knights and Warriors, but they put some Trooper-style backpack with antennae sticking out of it for some reason. Completely doesn't go with the outfit and makes no sense at all. There's also a few different colour variations of this but they all have the Trooper junk on the back.

Edited by PetFish

MAD ? BLAME AAYLA SECURA...

Girl is a walking sexual harassment statistic. How can any Padawan study with her parading around the Temple !?

Not that I mind.

/THREAD

Great, now I gotta go find here to see what all the hype is about.

Guess the jedi order wants to desensitise their female knights early so they happily accept the chain mail bikini once it becomes available at social 2. Though why is anybody's guess since Jedi are not allowed to form relationships and there seems little point to dress them in male gaze magnets instead of sensible armour.

I'd say it's more about following the movie lore where Jedi just don't wear heavy armor. In fact, the only ones to wear heavy armor were Bounty Hunters and Troopers.

Jedi, male or female, wore cloth outfits.

Read the discussion thread(s) again.

It is not complaining about the armour that exist. It is complaining about the armour and clothing that does not exist.

For female characters the choice is: "would you like this nun's habit in brown or red?"," Oops I have misplaced half the fabric of my top", or "I would wear less but the censors insist on these pasties" styles. For the male characters the choice is either "can't show any skin or the other guys will make fun of me" or -one- option for "I'm too sexy for my shirt, aka I'm sure I can pull off this look just as good as Hugh Jackman (cue eye roll)"

We would simply like to see a few more intermediary styles for men, a few more that women think look sexy on them, and a few more intermediary styles on women and especially styles that -women- think look sexy on them (as opposed to what man think looks sexy on women)

So, you don't have to worry. Nobody is going to take away the bikini outfit that you may feel a strong urge to dress your female companions in.

You and I must be playing a different game. My Bounty Hunter doesn't have the option of "Look like a nun or misplaced half my fabric"

My Consular only skin showing because I went with my Revelers top/Robe Leggings, as I love the look on my Chiss. Every other item my Consular has been able to wear so far has shown no skin, and didn't look like a nun, unless robe leggings are the nun look, inwhich every class seems to get that option.

Not that I don't agree with wanting more looks, but if you're having troubles finding items that don't fall into anything but those two categories, you're really trying hard to miss them.

You and I must be playing a different game. My Bounty Hunter doesn't have the option of "Look like a nun or misplaced half my fabric"

My Consular only skin showing because I went with my Revelers top/Robe Leggings, as I love the look on my Chiss. Every other item my Consular has been able to wear so far has shown no skin, and didn't look like a nun, unless robe leggings are the nun look, inwhich every class seems to get that option.

Not that I don't agree with wanting more looks, but if you're having troubles finding items that don't fall into anything but those two categories, you're really trying hard to miss them.

All the consular gear is Jedi robes or top + long skirt, for some people it's looking like a nun. If you want to show a bit of skin, the only options are to show too much skin. Short sleeves, low cut tops, short skirts, .... there's nothing like that.

The game (and not exclusive stuff from cartel market) should offer diverse styles that exist in the movies or the EU.

BW chose to give each class a specific look, which is a mistake. Their ideas of how should look each class is only theirs and it's a big problem in a MMO where ppl want to create characters based on their own vision and play them for years. My idea of a smuggler is definitely not to wear a cowboy hat and a cape, my idea of healing commando is not to have a giant gun and a big armored gear with a huge pack on the back....

Apart from the looks of gear there's the problem of colors, BW should stop recoloring armors, either for endgame or in the cartel market. We need to be able to choose the colors of our gear. As we have alien species of different skin colors, it's even more needed. Many times some items looks nice except the colors don't mix well with the skin color.

Edited by Turshek