Remove random packs

well to be honest bioware I think if your paying for cartel coins you should have a choice of what you can buy and not get a massive disappointment when you use your coins on a random pack and you get a big pile of junk that is bound and unsellable

and when I say a choice in what you buy I mean knowing exactly what your getting and paying for I wouldn't mind if the rare items were actually rare but there not because everybody gets these junk items when there get lured into the pack with the super rare mount pic on the front of it

I not long subscribed and got my free coins and spent ages deciding on what I should spend them on when I finally decided on the random bounty pack I got a mandalores belt level 1 a chair emote and some consumables that I sold for pennies on the galactic trade network nothing close to what could be considered rare items at all

I've said it before and I will say it again im 25 years old and too old for lucky dips maybe I would actually purchase cartel coins if I was sure I wasn't buying a load of junk maybe that's something to think on and maybe you guys would make more money from it if you considered it after all we are the people that make this game possible it runs for us you should really take this massive thing into consideration

Mandalore's belt is not a bad drop! It goes for about 20K on the Harbinger, a lot more if it's a good day. And I use the chair emotes daily, I love them. I have them unlocked account wide.

What's this about 'Bound and unsellable', though? Everything you get from a cartel pack can be sold, aside from the reputation consumable which is just that - it gives you some reputation. Get enough of it and you can purchase some unique stuff outright. Visit the vendors on the Cartel Bazaar on the fleet.

Every item you pull is bound with a timer - if the timer runs out, you CAN sell or trade it (and buy it from other players just as easily) unless you've actually used the item. If you've worn the belt, yeah, it's bound - and will remain so.

I'm over 25, and I will never be too old to enjoy opening a box to see what's inside. The fun starts with being mature enough to realize that you will not always win. Also, some of the fun comes from going on a treasure hunt to assemble the missing parts of a set. I'm sorry you got too old to find wonder in the unknown, and too self-important to realize that there is always a chance of not getting what you want. I hope you find some other way to enjoy yourself, OP, but leave the random packs for those of us who didn't turn into bitter fossils overnight.

OP, sorry that you don't like them, but the rest of us do. And if we didn't, they wouldn't be selling. And if they didn't sell, we wouldn't be waiting for Shipment 4.

Don't buy them and you can register your protest with BW. I'll buy a couple of extra to balance your protest :p

I seriously doubt, that asking Bioware to slay their main cash cow will be taken as a good idea ;)

Just look around the forums, how many people are buying hypercrates of every new package. The "lottery" aspect seems to be doing pretty well with a lot of people.

Duran'del here:

Well, the random packs, believe it or not, are actually like buyable lockboxes. You realize that the lockboxes are the same thing as these: you get a random item. It's not guaranteed.

Which is why these sell so well. You're not forced to buy them(use the GTN and credits.)

Even if they cost a lot, I went from around 10k credits to over 2.5 mil on one of my chars through grinding(and i'm gonna do that once 2XP weekend is over because I'm power leveling my other character).

OP, sorry that you don't like them, but the rest of us do. And if we didn't, they wouldn't be selling. And if they didn't sell, we wouldn't be waiting for Shipment 4.

Don't buy them and you can register your protest with BW. I'll buy a couple of extra to balance your protest :p

If items were purchasable directly, than nobody would ever buy a pack. People buy them because it is the only possible way to gain new cartel items. It's an exploitative business model that people seem willing to partake in primarily due to its similarity to gambling.