More then 4 Bars?

Frostvein

Maybe rather than asking for another bar, we should be considering just how many abilities we really need.

My experience of key binding is that right handed people regularly uses 1-7, then maybe <alt+1-7>, <q-r>, <a-f>, <z-c> (maybe ctrl or shift instead of alt). Some people might use more in an environment with macros, etc. But some people are mad.

So there we have maybe 25 abilities that are within easy reach of a players left hand. Throw in a conservative other 10 abilities. There are 3 bars full of abilties. Plus a final bar for out of combat abilities.

But... is it really practical to use 35 abilities regularly? I'm sure someone somewhere has calculated the perfect number of abilities for a skilled player to use in combat. I doubt it's as high as 35.

So perhaps the question shouldn't be "can we have more quickbars?" but instead "can we have fewer, but more vital, abilities?".

Edited by Woetoo

Here's what I'm confused is missing:

1. Why can't I make the 3 and 4 bars horizontal?

2. Why can't I add more than 4 (as the OP mentioned).

3. Why do we have some many damn abilities anyway...

4. Where is the /target name command

5. Where is the /assist name command

6. Where's the rest of the expected MMO features like the above.

I feel like I'm playing EQ1 and not in a good way sometimes. Nm even EQ1 had those things.

That was the first thing I looked for. You'd think with all the work they did, they could've at least gave us another action bar.

Seriously. First thing I looked for as well. I'm hoping I'm just missing the option to add another one and the designers really didn't over look this.

It's beyond me how they could not give us the option for more than 4 bars. Given the number of abilities we have (and I like the number of abilities), 4 bars is not enough to adequately and efficiently organize them. I'd say we need at the very least 6, however if I end up playing this game in end game as much as I used to play WoW 6 won't be enough either. Frankly, just give us the option to add up to at least 10.

Also, #2 thing I looked for for customizing my UI doesn't appear to be there either, and that's the ability to fade something out unless it's moused over. Hoping I'm just missing the option to do that as well.....

Edited by Janslin

You can, just change the confi to 12 x 1 instead of 1 x 12...

Because 4 is more than enough... Plus a companion bar as well...

Kind of flies in the face of your second question...

I have no smart *** answer for these questions.

You can, just change the confi to 12 x 1 instead of 1 x 12...

Because 4 is more than enough... Plus a companion bar as well...

Kind of flies in the face of your second question...

I have no smart *** answer for these questions.

I can see where he's coming from, no need to be like that. If you use consumables frequently (e.g. biochem + pvp's) and hotkey both your trinkets, that eats up 5+ slots...then hotkeying your speeder is another one. I could use at least 1 more bar easily, but I get by.

Question, how do you get the additional quickbars to display in the first place? I logged on today to find all my quickbars gone. Used to be there was an option under preferences to display the additional quickbars but it seems BioWare removed that for some reason. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to get the quickbars back.

Question, how do you get the additional quickbars to display in the first place? I logged on today to find all my quickbars gone. Used to be there was an option under preferences to display the additional quickbars but it seems BioWare removed that for some reason. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to get the quickbars back.

Click on the little icon above the padlock icon and that opens up the new options menu, which allows for interface editing, but also has a 4 slots open default option.

NOt really. I just can't see how someone fills up 48 slots, or rather why someone would NEED to fill up 48 slots.

I have about 5 slots free out of 48 and even some of those 43 hardly ever get used and could quite easily be relegated if need be.

just saying.

Ok, but your experience is irrelevant to someone elses.

It's also not a good argument against adding extra hotbars. I'm as shocked as the next normal person that someone would want as many as eight or ten hotbars (I keep myself limited to 2), but in no way would adding more hotbars impact me.

I feel like I'm playing EQ1 and not in a good way sometimes. Nm even EQ1 had those things.

You can make them horizontal.

It is not a strange and unusual request for more than 4 bars. Some people are acting like we're asking for something 'out of the ordinary' and like we have no right to want more space.

Abilities, quick travel, multiple types of med packs (PvE and PvP), stim packs (health and class stat), mount, huttball, new legacy buffs, new valor abilities, 'resting ability', various stances for some classes, guards, taunts... I don't have the room to put the stuff I want on my bars.

While I do agree with one poster that we should have less abilities but until they trim the fat, I wanted another action bar.