Legacy Bank

snoopdogbaby

I don't know if this has been brought up before but this would be a fantastic implementation. I'm talking about a server-wide inventory menu where you can store commendations, money, items (such as resources) so that if I chose to put in 100 daily commendations on one character and 100 on another into this bank, I can have one character withdraw 200 and buy something worthwhile with it.

This'd also be fantastically useful for a quick way to put your credits/items somewhere safe before you delete a character or before they go inactive (for preferred/F2P players) so that your active characters could make use of them, instead of having to mail them (and there have been a couple of times where I have mistyped a name because I was in such a rush.).

I have 11 characters, and 4 of them are off of the capital world. 2 are level 50, one is level 37, one is level 20. I can't even express how irritating it is that I cannot transfer their leftover commendations from the capital worlds to newer characters to buy something that would actually help them.

Only problem I foresee is that it'd take some tweaking of the whole binding system. I don't think stuff should be changed to bind to legacy for this idea (I actually do, but that's for another thread). We can still keep cargo holds for BoP stuff and such. On top of that, you would have to put some sort of "bound to imperial characters" and "bound to republic characters" thing on starter/capital world commendations.

That's it. Thoughts?

Alternatively, change the flags on all commendation bought items from "bind on pickup" to "bind to legacy". This was you could buy stuff on one character and mail them to the other.

True, but this is for more than just commendation-related stuff. The idea is to merge comm amounts so that one character can get, say, 300 commendations spread throughout all of your characters and buy something with it.

Though alternatively, they could make everything in the game that's not bind on equip, bind to legacy and then make commendations tradeable (to characters in the legacy) but part of me just likes the feature more than the function. A legacy bank would be cool. They could put terminals in the same place that the guild banks are in.

Edited by snoopdogbaby

I think the comms consolidation and the legacy wide bank would be a great idea . too many times i have played the log in shuffle . to get crafting mats from one toon to another .to be able to make a mod weapon or armor gear . just my two cents ..

BIG BUMP ! ! !

• 4 weeks later...
I was going to suggest a legacy bank; however, I would love it to be able to store crafting materials. Any of your legacy can deposit crafting materials into it and their companions can withdraw materials as necessary. It is frustrating to shift through toons to see if you might have the needed components to make an item.

Yes, OP, it has been brought up before, only about a million times... and I've /signed it a about million times also.

Anyone with all 6 crafting skills and a few more gathers would walk around with a full diaper for a week if it meant getting this into the game.

The infrastructure is already set up with the guild bank so this would just basically be a personal guild bank. Seems to me like it wouldn't be difficult to actually do.

The infrastructure is already set up with the guild bank so this would just basically be a personal guild bank. Seems to me like it wouldn't be difficult to actually do.

I see just one big problem. Normaly if it is in your bank, you can use your Mats without havin them in your Inv. If there be a legacy Bank, u cannot use them directy from it. Similar as the guild Bank. This wont anoy me at all.

Even I, how do not spend a lot of cartel coins at all, would buy this kind of feature. So please, work on that.