Why is nothing being done about hacking/cheating

jediharrsion

Then why is it when i try to complete my weekly that its takes 2 weeks to get 5 wins! sorry but i don't believe you.

Until i start seeing a even playing field ( This will inclode finishing my weekly the same week and not being stopped by what i believe to be cheating team ) i'll continue to push for pvp balence and if that resuits in permade groups/guild made teams from queueing against pugs ( unlikely but by the number of threads on the topic it wouldn't surprise me ). then so be it.

I have 4 50s right now, on both factions, I get my weekly done on all of them in about a day, usually in a few hours. Some of the wins are while on premades I get invited to, but majority of the time it's at off hours, like right now, while in solo queue.

Generally speaking imps win more during the night and pubs win more during the day. So if you're getting a losing streak and already finished your pvp daily, just wait a few hours or switch to the opposite faction. If you don't have an opposite faction toon, level one.

I agree that the majority of losses are usually from the brilliant system in place that tends to frequently put full premade against full pug (and undergeared ones at that), but that's hardly cheating on any of the players parts, it's just a really terrible matchmaking system. Maybe bioware will fix it in the future, but probably not.

As for genuine hacking in the game, a lot of stuff that looks like it could be speedhacking is usually just really bad lag/losing sync with the server. Though, I have had some matches where guys in NC capped all 3 nodes 30 seconds before the match started/gates opened and matches where the bomb was planted in VS right as we dropped down as defenders. Things like that are definitely hacks, but that's been a handful of matches in the past couple of months. Free to play has definitely increased it though, since I never really saw any for sure hacking the previous year.

So unless you're in a match where all the nodes are capped before you're out of the gate, it's hard to call it hacking. If it's just a bunch of premades pugstomping, then it's definitely annoying, but not hacking.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day, BW had been investigating supposed hacks, and there is evidence that people were banned; the warning given in the login. If the people are genuinely hacking, BW will know, they do check as hackers are not beneficial to game play.

If people you think are hacking, and have reported for doing so, are not, then they won't have been banned. If 'nothing' has been done about the 'hackers' in your server, then you were likely wrong in your judgement. End of.

I am just dying to see all this hacking. Please provide some proof, or a crude drawing, or maybe even a description of this incredible hacking pandemic going on. I played 30 matches Tuesday, got the weekly done on two characters. Today I did another 20 or so. And this is about average for me. I've been an active PvPer since launch and played closed beta for 6 months. I've never seen hacking in this game.

are you kidding me your guild is some of the worst out there as far as cheating goes, you guys constantly change guilds to keep the devs from pin pointing the real hackers

are you kidding me your guild is some of the worst out there as far as cheating goes, you guys constantly change guilds to keep the devs from pin pointing the real hackers

What server/guild are they? PM if you'd prefer not to post it.

Asuna. Goof troop. I'm calling it a night actually but if you have a good enough computer to record your matches I recomend you do so, post them on the forums and then ask what happened. Our community is harsh but they will explain what happened as they say l2p. Just post the thread asking what happened in the video, not saying it was hacks, that might get it deleted by a mod without them even watching.

Alternatively I could do a match with you (I have an imp since I get the impression you're imp side)and do a match with you and explain what is being done, but it would be a 1 time thing.

If i see you tonight i'll send you a message

If i see you tonight i'll send you a message

Hey, I am also on the Harbinger. Send me a message if you need me to explain things. I can play a few matches and explain the differences with hacking and the mechanics, but for this to work you need to come in with a headset, and be open minded. I will not tolerate you raging like crazy about everything just to have me explain the mechanics. Also, you are going to need teamspeak.

While not being on the same server as LD50, I have watched a lot of their gameplay(Scoundrel/Op is my favorite type of gameplay to watch) and I am near positive they have been LD50 for months...

General rule: Be less ignorant and try to learn the mechanics before blindly calling hacks. It doesn't harm anyone to try and get video, and then to ask what happened. What does harm people are bans bioware has given out only to revoke them, admitting they were wrong about hacking.

While I agree that hacking/cheating is not the norm, it does happen, and often enough to be noticed. On Ebon Hawk, there are 4 different guilds (both Imp and Pub) that use hacks almost every WZ. Most of which are the /stuck bug, or the Operative cleanse/cloak with no cd, but there are a decent amount of times when we'll see them cap all 3 nodes in NC or Alderaan before the opposing team is even out of the gate. It's well-known, and most players just leave the WZ as soon as they see those people. I know for a fact that at least 20 different people report this when they see it, and have for months, and yet nothing has been or is being done about it.

No I'm not embarrassed, I couldn't care less if it's hacks or cheating or whatever. You threw some insults and I'll gladly throw them right back. As you can tell I can't stand players abusing the system and getting away with it, fix the issues and ban them already I say. And yet it takes months, great ...
I have a good + 200 valor levels on that sever and I've never come across a hack. Before transfer to Shadowlands I had only come across one potential hack, it was a dude speeding around the fleet and it could have been some weird latency thing for all I know.

That said, I've been in plenty of warzones where my team mates have accused the other team of hacking, this while I've been standing next to them and watched the same things; basic game mechanics.

i have seen some pretty odd things but dont know enough about the pub classes to comment. i have seen people fall off the topmost ramp on huttball walk a little ways then jump right back up to the top ramp again, with no one there of course. some i can attribute to lag but not all of them.

I have seen so many hackers on The Harbinger. I spend about 3/4 of my time in game in PvP so yeah, I see a lot of players in WZs on the daily, so my sample size is pretty substantial. By so many, I mean zero. Edited by SDTAXantos

Hey, I am also on the Harbinger. Send me a message if you need me to explain things. I can play a few matches and explain the differences with hacking and the mechanics, but for this to work you need to come in with a headset, and be open minded. I will not tolerate you raging like crazy about everything just to have me explain the mechanics. Also, you are going to need teamspeak.

I don't have a issue with you kind sir You have a good pvp guild to rely on I don't. i'm just acting on what i've seen and i'm more then open to explaining what i believe is wrong (i do have teamspeck and use it for raids so thats no problem). try to understand this from my point of view... night after night i queue into pug team only to get crushed all night long which lead most players (inclodeing me) to post on the forums about how i believe our warzones are going down the toilet. I understand when you say you won't tolerate raging. but from what i've seen lately i have every reason to rage. I apologize if that may offend but that seems to be the only way to get attention. (no pun intended). Have a good evening kind sir

Hacking is going on and is getting worse. Bioware is aware of this and is working to get it fixed. If you haven't seen it and you play PVP on a regular basis your either blind, doing it, or clueless.

Maybe if someone elaborated on what type of hacks were talking about here. When I think of hacks I think of people running around at 1000 % speed and OHK'es. Must be some really subtle hacks in this game if they are as frequent as you and others claim yet 99 % of us have never been aware of them. I think I'll stick to my "people don't have a clue of what other classes can and cannot do" theory until I see some proof of this frequency people speak of.

Edited by Washingtoon

I was in a match not more than 15 mins ago on NC we had 37 seconds left before the gate dropped when we all noticed all 3 were already being captured an by the time we got loose the Imps were imbedded in and we couldn't budge em, I'm sorry if thats not cheating i don't know what is. Most of us just left the WZ why give them credit for a win they had to cheat at.

A guildy on voidstar had some plant a bomb on the door from imp side before the gates came down for them to defend an again most players on republic side bailed hoping for the 30 second timer to end the game.

Couple friends who have level 89 Valor have noticed in Huttball lately that a couple Imp guilds are using a speed hack an grabbing the ball an then boom already running down the ramp to score in 20 seconds.

Maybe everyone here claims that people have a lack of skill an don't have a clue on how to play, I myself will admit with my Parkinson's trying to do PvP's is extremly difficult but i still give it my best.

But until WZ's are fixxed with some form of anti-cheat police mode or something its just not fun to constantly loose almost impossible to finish weekly's, dailys not to badly an can be done.

Though I play on Jung-Ma an most of the people who play the WZ's when I or my guild does we run into a guild called Scourge and OCP that seems to be the biggest offenders an get reported on daily.

I was in a match not more than 15 mins ago on NC we had 37 seconds left before the gate dropped when we all noticed all 3 were already being captured an by the time we got loose the Imps were imbedded in and we couldn't budge em, I'm sorry if thats not cheating i don't know what is. Most of us just left the WZ why give them credit for a win they had to cheat at.

A guildy on voidstar had some plant a bomb on the door from imp side before the gates came down for them to defend an again most players on republic side bailed hoping for the 30 second timer to end the game.

Couple friends who have level 89 Valor have noticed in Huttball lately that a couple Imp guilds are using a speed hack an grabbing the ball an then boom already running down the ramp to score in 20 seconds.

Maybe everyone here claims that people have a lack of skill an don't have a clue on how to play, I myself will admit with my Parkinson's trying to do PvP's is extremly difficult but i still give it my best.

But until WZ's are fixxed with some form of anti-cheat police mode or something its just not fun to constantly loose almost impossible to finish weekly's, dailys not to badly an can be done.

Though I play on Jung-Ma an most of the people who play the WZ's when I or my guild does we run into a guild called Scourge and OCP that seems to be the biggest offenders an get reported on daily.

The NC thing is a known "glitch" that happens from time to time thats been around for a little too long now. It is up to the team that is able to get thru the gate to wait for the others but I have yet to see it happen. Seen that one 2x since I've been playing. The voidstar "glitch" (kinda the same as the NC one) supposedly got fixed in the last patch. The patch notes from 1/23/13 states "Voidstar

•Players can no longer leave the spawn area prior to the match starting." so if it has happened after the date given, report it since it is still not fixed then.

The hutts one, I am not sure about. I have been on teams where there were coordinated carnage preds (about 3 on the team) coupled with some sins. Took us around 12 secs to score from mid to endzone. Never tried it from our end zone to theirs. May try and give it a shot this weekend if some others are on.

You'd think with all this rampant cheating, somebody would be frapsing their matches to show the doubters. As a Guardian coordinated with a sage I can get from mid to the endzone in about five GCD's. With a combat sentinel, I could easily score in the first 20 seconds of the match.

Pick up ball, get "rescued' to just before top fire pit on left or right, sage runs through fire pit removing risk for me, guardian leap, force leap to person at "top mid" position between the two fire pits, force push, force leap, score. Or, guardian leap to sage, walk to edge next to top fire pit, force leap to end zone, score.

Regardless, I'm still dying to see all this rampant hacking.

I don't have a issue with you kind sir You have a good pvp guild to rely on I don't. i'm just acting on what i've seen and i'm more then open to explaining what i believe is wrong (i do have teamspeck and use it for raids so thats no problem). try to understand this from my point of view... night after night i queue into pug team only to get crushed all night long which lead most players (inclodeing me) to post on the forums about how i believe our warzones are going down the toilet. I understand when you say you won't tolerate raging. but from what i've seen lately i have every reason to rage. I apologize if that may offend but that seems to be the only way to get attention. (no pun intended). Have a good evening kind sir

I understand people rage, and I understand people get frustrated. All I am saying is that if I invite you into my teamspeak to try and be helpful and explain things, I do not want to get an earful of screaming. I have played with players like that and I certainly do not enjoy it. I am offering help from someone who has pvped with 6 of the 8 advanced classes at 50, and 2 at lowbie. I can explain things, I just ask for the respect and decency to not scream or whine during these few matches.

I understand people rage, and I understand people get frustrated. All I am saying is that if I invite you into my teamspeak to try and be helpful and explain things, I do not want to get an earful of screaming. I have played with players like that and I certainly do not enjoy it. I am offering help from someone who has pvped with 6 of the 8 advanced classes at 50, and 2 at lowbie. I can explain things, I just ask for the respect and decency to not scream or whine during these few matches.

If you did invite me into your teamspeak i would show you all the respect in the world. i would never scream at anyone becouse its not in my nature to do so. and screaming at peaple so alot of disrespect.

So for everyone who thinks hacks don't exist for this game..... Step 1.) go to google search...... Step 2.) type (in the search box), "Swtor ginger hacks".... Step 3.) Hit "search".... Step 4.) Be amazed.... Oh and also a little saddened at the fact that you couldn't find this on your own ( cause it is pretty sad... it really is).

If you did invite me into your teamspeak i would show you all the respect in the world. i would never scream at anyone becouse its not in my nature to do so. and screaming at peaple so alot of disrespect.

Like I said, just whisper me in game and I will play a few games with you, answer your questions, and hopefully get you a better understanding of the game. I was just putting the underlying rule out that I will not tolerate hard core raging.

While I agree that hacking/cheating is not the norm, it does happen, and often enough to be noticed. On Ebon Hawk, there are 4 different guilds (both Imp and Pub) that use hacks almost every WZ. Most of which are the /stuck bug, or the Operative cleanse/cloak with no cd, but there are a decent amount of times when we'll see them cap all 3 nodes in NC or Alderaan before the opposing team is even out of the gate. It's well-known, and most players just leave the WZ as soon as they see those people. I know for a fact that at least 20 different people report this when they see it, and have for months, and yet nothing has been or is being done about it.

Damn this happened to me last night - some dude kept going in and out of stealth almost infinite, while I was fighting him. Needless to say, he ruled the entire WZ... Not only were he able to slip in and out of cloak all the time, but he also had NO CD on CC's, no resolve on himself, no CD on cc-breaker or anything. On top of that, insane dmg.

Talking <50 here btw.