Galen Marek vs. Jaina Solo

YoshiRaphElan

Force sensitivity presents itself randomly in a child. Thus, two Force sensitive parents can have a Force-blind child or Force-blind parents can have a sensitive child.

So does it realy matter that Jaina Solo the daughter of a force sensitive and of one that is not and the granddaughter of a powerul force sensitive? From what I know Palpatine's parents were not force sensitive and he still became the strongest or one of the strongest sith lords that ever existed, does it matter the Galen Marek is not the decendent of a force created, force sensitive not it does not and lets add something 17 years he had when he defeated Vader and well put a good fight with Palpatine and what Jaina Solo has over 30 now and a lot of experience in using the force I think that if Galen lived as much as her he would have defeated her because if he at such a young age was so powerful add 17 years again and this time without the 2 years were you can not be learned since well you are not self aware.

Edited by adormitul

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bout to say 17 year old jania vs 17 year old Galen, Galen wins hands down, not even CLOSE.

17 galen vs Sword of the jedi, i just beat darth caedus and legions of sith from the 1 tribe, jaina wins.

32 year old galen with more time to hone vs Sword of the Jedi Jaina, well be an interesting fight for damn sure, toss of a coin on that one.

First i would have to say Galen because he really knows nothing but fighting.

Second, i hate how people say *do a geeky/nerdy voice* Well since they are Solos/skywalkers that automatically makes them better. I even read somewhere that all the young kids(Ben, Jiana, Jacen, etc.) were more powerful than palpatine. I was all like "bro what are you thinking palps would just mop the floor with them.

^It is clearly that Galen is stronger then Jaina and just to add something that boy was strong enough to resist Palpatine's lighting and hurt him with it and he is a sith lord that is very powerful with that force power after all he made a lightsaber bend with it. If he gotten to Jaina's age man he will be so powerful but it was not meant to be to strong of a character to be alive further. Edited by adormitul

Galen at 18 was better than Jaina.

Remember Luke took Jaina and Jacen's initial training rather slowly. They didn't get sabers till they where teenagers. While the Solo/Skywalker line is rather strong in the force they are hardly god-like especially at 18

Galen on the other hand would have far and away more training as his sole purpose in life was to train and become powerful. Vader (the Chosen One himself) trained Galen. Also, the majority of Galen's missions where to eliminate jedi and mandalorian duelists in one on one combat. Jaina had more diversity in her training, but considering by that point she had received less training overall and Galen is perfectly honed for the very type of versus we're talking about here, Galen would likely out duel her in saber combat.

I'd say at this age they're about equal in regards to in combat usable force power.

Btw, you shouldn't mention events from Jaina's life that happen later than 18, it screws some people up. She didn't beat Cadeus/train with mandos until she was older. And if I recall she only took the whole 'Sword of the Jedi' thing seriously after the Vong war.

Galen at 18 was better than Jaina.

Remember Luke took Jaina and Jacen's initial training rather slowly. They didn't get sabers till they where teenagers. While the Solo/Skywalker line is rather strong in the force they are hardly god-like especially at 18

Galen on the other hand would have far and away more training as his sole purpose in life was to train and become powerful. Vader (the Chosen One himself) trained Galen. Also, the majority of Galen's missions where to eliminate jedi and mandalorian duelists in one on one combat. Jaina had more diversity in her training, but considering by that point she had received less training overall and Galen is perfectly honed for the very type of versus we're talking about here, Galen would likely out duel her in saber combat.

I'd say at this age they're about equal in regards to in combat usable force power.

Btw, you shouldn't mention events from Jaina's life that happen later than 18, it screws some people up. She didn't beat Cadeus/train with mandos until she was older. And if I recall she only took the whole 'Sword of the Jedi' thing seriously after the Vong war.

This is my exact point, the OP is allowing Galen to have his prime, whereas Jaina gets handicapped because she's barely been trained at all by said age.

In other words, this contest is a handicap match.

Let this thread die! This is a ridiculous topic. Galen Marek should NEVER be taken seriously. He was a very badly written character, created for a mediocre game which had a badly written novel to accompany it. His feats were designed for the game and novelized. His fights were poorly written and made a mockery out of Shaak Ti and Vader. His development was also very poorly done. Given that the only actual sources of info are a game and the novel that is heavily based on that game only proves that he should not be taken seriously.

Eighteen year old Jaina is better written, better developed and "realistically" more powerful in both saber skill and Force powers. She even survived a four year long war with the Yuuzhan Vong. A war that killed some Jedi and would have killed Marek.

Stop treating Marek as if he some sort of god. He is a joke of a character and should be retconned out of existance. He should have been written better, but he wasn't. He was badly written, just like the game was badly developed.

This is my exact point, the OP is allowing Galen to have his prime, whereas Jaina gets handicapped because she's barely been trained at all by said age.

In other words, this contest is a handicap match.

Its a gamble not a handicap match, Star Squirrel pointed out that Jaina had trained beyond age 18 which Galen already had taken a lot of training at that age but it depends at what age/timeline we are talking about

Just going to point out a few things

Lucas hates EU

Lucas had a part into developing Galen Marek .

I like Jaina more but Galen Marek beat the George Lucas Chosen one "Darth Vader" x2 , both stories George Lucas Approved .

Say what you want Vader might have toyed in the first fight but he ended up getting beat down , the second fight he went in full out trying to kill Marek and lost .

Jaina is a watered Down Version of the REAL Chosen One Anakin Skywalker .

While I like her way more than Galen and I know the Skywalker Fanboys will be coming screaming , its really hard to see a less powerful Jedi and off spring of Anakin beat who he himself lost too .

Well in his also watered down well seasoned age .

Not to forget Galen was not a just a average lightsaber user nor a weak forceuser , he seemed to do really well in both departments .

Jaina was trained by the EU version of the best and most powerful Jedi to ever live Luke Skywalker but that is trash and George himself said Anakin was the most powerful and chosen one .

Just my 2 cents !