SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they changed something recently in a patch as like fres Im now getting better performance without for some bizarre reason?

Maybe they optimized the game :) Since I don't play anymore I can't tell much.

Also if anyone has issues with unleashed (especially when upgrading version), try to "remove and quit", delete your xml conf file and restart unleashed, it should fix it all.

This behavior is due to some wrong assets files being written in the conf that a patch may have changed and I didn't write code to handle this scenario yet (and don't know if I will since I stopped the game).

I'm not so much motivated, I wonder what I'll do with this software. I'll either maintain it from time to time or publish the source code to my personnal website for people to enhance it themselves. Still thinking about it.

Thanks for everyone's support.

No worries, Exca. This is a great tool.

I am using the batch files and presume they won't need any future maintenance.

No worries, Exca. This is a great tool.

I am using the batch files and presume they won't need any future maintenance.

I'm still curious why you use the batch. The exe should make it easier for you.... Anyway, as long as you're happy with it....

Exca,

First, excellent app you have here.

Second, i would like to suggest a change request ( or if you could release the source code so I could do it ) is to add button(s) to select the common performance lists you've made like for PVP, fleet, and WZs.

Thanks =)

Exca,

First, excellent app you have here.

Second, i would like to suggest a change request ( or if you could release the source code so I could do it ) is to add button(s) to select the common performance lists you've made like for PVP, fleet, and WZs.

Thanks =)

Honestly my experience is that it's not usefull since best performance gain is attained with only DiskArena+LocalApp+FX+Dynamic.

If you find a better combination of settings for certain usages with benchmarks showing a real improvement I think I'll consider it.

I have been warned for being offensive to Klarick. Seems he got warned too since his posts were deleted. I didn't see it at first and was about to rage againt the customer service. In the end I won't since I think it's best all those useless posts were deleted.

Thanks for your support everyone. Just to let you know what happened.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but through my own tweaking, i've set the nVidia settings AA etc. to off and used in-game to set anti-aliasing and texture quality. Specs : 3700K @ 4.2K Mhz, GTX690, 16GB RAM, 240GB OCZ Revodrive3. With SWTOR Unleashed, my settings are all at highest and it's really smooth.

One thing that helped, and I actually find useful now and avoids that juddering around highly-populated areas, is to turn off scale nameplates with distance. Since I do a lot of PvP, it actually means I easily see enemy nameplates popping out at me... some people may find it annoying though :) I believe this is juddering purely related to a burst of CPU usage when entering these areas, so can't blame the GPU in this instance. Perhaps i'm wrong, but maybe it will help somebody.

With my ram though I can put 9GB of "stuff" into Ramdisk, which has helped alot. Perhaps around 10fps gain in places where it drops down from 60 to 40 when turning a corner... GTN comes to mind.

Edited by Timozha
Thought of something else!

Not sure if this helps anyone, but through my own tweaking, i've set the nVidia settings AA etc. to off and used in-game to set anti-aliasing and texture quality. Specs : 3700K @ 4.2K Mhz, GTX690, 16GB RAM, 240GB OCZ Revodrive3. With SWTOR Unleashed, my settings are all at highest and it's really smooth.

One thing that helped, and I actually find useful now and avoids that juddering around highly-populated areas, is to turn off scale nameplates with distance. Since I do a lot of PvP, it actually means I easily see enemy nameplates popping out at me... some people may find it annoying though :) I believe this is juddering purely related to a burst of CPU usage when entering these areas, so can't blame the GPU in this instance. Perhaps i'm wrong, but maybe it will help somebody.

With my ram though I can put 9GB of "stuff" into Ramdisk, which has helped alot. Perhaps around 10fps gain in places where it drops down from 60 to 40 when turning a corner... GTN comes to mind.

My god, so all those expensive stuff you have (and al lthose cost ridiculously alot) and just to get smooth play in fleet or WZ with high setting despite this game uses DX9 still...

No wonder this game is so poorly optmized still.

Also there is memory leak with last patches and 4GB memory is not enough, after you logging into many of your chars game crashes soon afterwards no matter if you have high or low settings. Solution more memory as this game is terrrible with optimization and fixing leaks.

Also there is memory leak with last patches and 4GB memory is not enough, after you logging into many of your chars game crashes soon afterwards no matter if you have high or low settings. Solution more memory as this game is terrrible with optimization and fixing leaks.

You do know that there is a workaround for it?

After typing in:

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

in the command prompt I've never had a single crash.

Only low fps etc...but no crashes at all. and that while actively playing 8 characters.

Some users also saw improvements with using a memory optimizer program such as "Clean Memory" or "Memclean".

You do know that there is a workaround for it?

After typing in:

bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3072

in the command prompt I've never had a single crash.

Only low fps etc...but no crashes at all. and that while actively playing 8 characters.

Some users also saw improvements with using a memory optimizer program such as "Clean Memory" or "Memclean".

First command promt is for 32bit windows users not my issue. I googled memclean. yeah that cleans few hundred and gives a bit more time until fills up again. I got new computer coming anyway, its just pain to play this game when its has memory leaks.

Edited by Divona

Hi everyone, while i was trying to select virtual drive this happens -

Ram drive is already taken and here are the logs:

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [uSER] SetupViewModel.OnSaveClick()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] RamDrive.Remove()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] RamDrive.Exists()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] DriveManager.Exists(driveLetter=T)

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Setup.IsValid()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Settings.IsCurrentComputerSettings()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory(directory=D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic)

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [WARNING] Tools.ShowWarning() Setting RamDriveLetter=[T] is taken already.

Please select another drive letter.

2013-02-05 20:11:07 [ERROR] Tools.ShowError() Please choose valid settings so they can be saved.

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [uSER] SetupViewModel.OnCancelClick()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Setup.Load()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.Deserialize(filePath=SwtorUnleashed.xml)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.CreateDefaultIfMissing(filePath=SwtorUnleashed.xml)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.FindGameDirectory()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.GetGameDirectoryFromRegistry()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory(directory=D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.IsCurrentComputerSettings()

What am i doing wrong?

Hi everyone, while i was trying to select virtual drive this happens -

Ram drive is already taken and here are the logs:

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [uSER] SetupViewModel.OnSaveClick()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] RamDrive.Remove()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] RamDrive.Exists()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Setup.IsValid()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Settings.IsCurrentComputerSettings()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory()

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory(directory=D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic)

2013-02-05 20:11:06 [WARNING] Tools.ShowWarning() Setting RamDriveLetter=[T] is taken already.

Please select another drive letter.

2013-02-05 20:11:07 [ERROR] Tools.ShowError() Please choose valid settings so they can be saved.

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [uSER] SetupViewModel.OnCancelClick()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Setup.Load()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.Deserialize(filePath=SwtorUnleashed.xml)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.CreateDefaultIfMissing(filePath=SwtorUnleashed.xml)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.FindGameDirectory()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.GetGameDirectoryFromRegistry()

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Swtor.IsValidGameDirectory(directory=D:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic)

2013-02-05 20:11:10 [METHOD] Settings.IsCurrentComputerSettings()

What am i doing wrong?

Choose another letter than T for your ram drive maybe?

seems to have some improvement on game play for me.

Good to hear :) I've been using this (or a version of it) for a year now. No issues, just awesome performance!

THANK YOU exca for all your work!!!! You have no idea how many people you help by maintaining this program.