Are cinematics stopping you from chatting with your guild?

fjano

Even though I rolled a trooper during beta, I still enjoying listening to the story again and got annoyed enough to drop from Vent due to my guildmates constant chatter.

Is anybody else enjoying the story so much that they are doing the same thing or having a hard time choosing between the two?

Are you politely telling your guildmates to only request your presence in Vent during flashpoints?

TOR - making it hard for guildmates to chat with each other...

I've been wondering how to handle that exact thing myself. I think the best thing for me to do would be only to get on vent if i'm specifically grouped with guildies using it, or i'm at a point where i'm just mindlessly grinding stuff, maybe crafting.

I'm not in yet but from my experience in the nov 25th beta, it seems like the conservations would lead to me just dropping in and out of vent every 10-15 minutes.

During beta my guildies and I encountered this issue, a lot. Rather than spend a lot of time alt+tabbing to mute the microphone we all recognized that we were going through this so we just came up with an all tell "Cutscene" and used a keybinding feature. You can do this in ventrilo.

To do this in vent, do the following

Where it says.

Username

Server

Bindings

Select bindings arrow.

at the bottom select ADD.

Check "Toggle Mute Sound" and in the box below it for the hotkey just select your hotkey of choice and hit ok.

This way you both inform your guildmates that you are in need of silence and are muting ventrilo without effecting them.

I hope this helps!

Nope. Aside from the main class story, the side missions are completely irrelevant since they have no consequences. We're just skipping through them to get to the standard bring me X, kill Y parts of them. It's a lot more fun talking to other people and cutting up than sitting there watching a cartoon in silence all night. That social aspect is one of the selling points of an MMO over a single-player game. Edited by WhiskeySam

During beta my guildies and I encountered this issue, a lot. Rather than spend a lot of time alt+tabbing to mute the microphone we all recognized that we were going through this so we just came up with an all tell "Cutscene" and used a keybinding feature. You can do this in ventrilo.

To do this in vent, do the following

Where it says.

Username

Server

Bindings

Select bindings arrow.

at the bottom select ADD.

Check "Toggle Mute Sound" and in the box below it for the hotkey just select your hotkey of choice and hit ok.

This way you both inform your guildmates that you are in need of silence and are muting ventrilo without effecting them.

I hope this helps!

This helps a lot. I will be trying it tonight when I get home. Thanks!