Powertech Bounty Hunter: PvP and PvE build.

DOCSMonkey

Hello my Bounty Hunter brothers!

First off i'd like to thank the community for being quick to help out new comers like myself to SWTOR!

For a long time i played Star Wars Galaxies, It was the first MMO that i fell in love with and I loved it up until the NGE hit and my server Lowca (r.i.p) became a ghost town. I preordered the CE edition of SWTOR and when it finally came out i never had a chance to play it, I had just become a first time father, started a career and was finishing up college.. I had a lot on my plate

2 weeks ago i finally had free time and a new PC so naturally my instinct was to install SWTOR!

Here I am, new to the game and loving it! great community and so far everyone i have met in game has helped me with any new questions etc.

I really want to get into PvP i Joined the Prophecy of Five server and currently i am a level 26 Powertech Bounty Hunter. I know this question has probably been asked but i need to ask it again. What abilities would help me the most in PvP? has anything changed since the F2P was released?

Currently i am aiming for this:

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/bounty-hunter/powertech/shield-tech/talent-builds

Is that still viable for PvP and PvE? what essential skills should i focus on?

Thank you again for reading this far and for whatever help and advice you choose to write!

Good Hunting!!

-Crestker

Edited by DOCSMonkey

What you posted there is a variation of what used to be the Ironfist spec. However, you bypassed two talents that reduce damage by 2% each, which would total 4% mitigation which is very good to have. It works additively with the Ion Gas Cylinder reduction and it is very good to have in both pve and pvp. Unfortunately the spec was nerfed damage-wise and it's not what it used to be. However, if you are a subscriber, feel free to try everything. Personally, i would go for pyro tree, since burst is king.

This is what I would build towards for your level:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301Z0cZfhMrzh.2

And the final purpose is this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhMrzh.2

A full spec might be more damaging or more tanky, but i loathe being knocked back so Hydraulic Overrides is my friend, reduced cd on interrupt and grapple and guaranteed RS crit from Charged Gauntlets make this a very fun build. Again, if you are a subscriber you can easily switch your spec if you want to tank flashpoints, but other than that, for general lowbie PvP and PvE, a damaging build gets things done a lot faster.

So like i said, burst is king in PvP, your hardest hitting abilities like Rail Shot will help you a lot, but your real strength will be your utility and mobility. I would like to point you towards a great series of videos of a Vanguard (which is the Republic mirror class) and check out his moves:

Also, i'm sorry to hear about your real life taking over your virtual life. It should never happen. Wife and kids come and go, but gear is soulbound, my friend.

Edited by maestruljedi

What you posted there is a variation of what used to be the Ironfist spec. However, you bypassed two talents that reduce damage by 2% each, which would total 4% mitigation which is very good to have. It works additively with the Ion Gas Cylinder reduction and it is very good to have in both pve and pvp. Unfortunately the spec was nerfed damage-wise and it's not what it used to be. However, if you are a subscriber, feel free to try everything. Personally, i would go for pyro tree, since burst is king.

This is what I would build towards for your level:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301Z0cZfhMrzh.2

And the final purpose is this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZrsMrobckzZfhMrzh.2

A full spec might be more damaging or more tanky, but i loathe being knocked back so Hydraulic Overrides is my friend, reduced cd on interrupt and grapple and guaranteed RS crit from Charged Gauntlets make this a very fun build. Again, if you are a subscriber you can easily switch your spec if you want to tank flashpoints, but other than that, for general lowbie PvP and PvE, a damaging build gets things done a lot faster.

So like i said, burst is king in PvP, your hardest hitting abilities like Rail Shot will help you a lot, but your real strength will be your utility and mobility. I would like to point you towards a great series of videos of a Vanguard (which is the Republic mirror class) and check out his moves:

Also, i'm sorry to hear about your real life taking over your virtual life. It should never happen. Wife and kids come and go, but gear is soulbound, my friend.

Awesome input and great video!

Thank you for the input, it will be put to good use. lol my wife came down last night around 3am and asked what i was still doing awake.... apparently "playing video games" was not the right answer :-p

Glad you found it useful. Make sure to check all of Oozo's swtor videos, his lvl 35+ videos also have commentaries and you can get a better picture about why he does the things he does. Oozo is a true master and i've been following him ever since his first videos in WoW (some 7 years ago), he has tons of experience and great judgment in dealing with different situations, inhuman reflexes, top notch awareness, and he's one of the best guys you can learn from. I know i learned a lot from him.

Getting the hang of your class takes time and practice, i'm sure you'll see what suits your style more, you may go for a tank build or a full damage build or maybe even another class, though BH/PT is quite awesome from many points of view -- looks, abilities, story, companions. Make sure not to mention Mako to your wife, though.