Sniper/Gunslinger Specs and Strategies for HM Oricon Part 1

paowee

Hey there, paowee! Just going to note a bit for you.

I think Lethal/Hybrid should get something of an honorable mention for Tyrans. If you get inferno or Simplification, you can generally more easily time it to not lose damage by refreshing dots or the like as those Same with Corrupter Zero, since it's hard to hit him during his laser phase. But, you can get dots up and do at least some damage. Throwing around the corrosive is also nice for adds.

Also, for Grobthok, the previous guy was wrong. We did HM DF about 3-4 days ago (can't remember which) and Entrench worked on Pipe Smash without a hitch. I could never time it for Overhead Smash, but the knockup from Pipe Smash was resisted every time. I know it's been said a couple times, but never hurts to have extra confirmation, right?

Also, for Raptus, you could say inversing it, in which you'd want MM. Technically, when he spins, if your dots are up, it's going to reflect. The overall damage for me only seems to do maybe twenty perfect of my health through the duration if I had like just refreshed them, but just thought I'd point it out.

Finally, for Dread Council, I would absolutely advocate using Hybrid or Lethality. You can dot up Raptus and just kite him around the outside of the map. Even without roll, you get out of Deadly Saber just before it goes off. I've been doing this for my guild, and Raptus is lucky to even hit me, while the rest of the group busies themselves around mid.

Edited by Torgru

Brontes orbs are leg-shottable. :) When i get an orb i either

1) roll through it and call it a day

2) roll through it and roll fails, i run around a little bit then hit entrench (MM) + shield probe

3) roll throug ht and if roll fails , leg - shot run around to some safe corner and wait for some stacks to build up

[mm] In SM at least, MM/SS can Entrench / Hunker down the final laser phase of CZ.

[any spec] It is possible to roll through Brontes' revolving laser beam in any mode.

[any spec] Roll works on Draxus adds as well (the one that pushes you back).

[any spec] I tried rolling through CZ's laser beam phase but it did not work. Must be hard to time. Only tried it in SM ofcourse...

[any spec]and as mentioned above the blue spheres CAN be rooted. Not sure about knockbacks, stuns, slows and mez's though.

[mm] Entrench will help you a lot and remove the need to run out of Brontes' purple AoE reticle during the 6 finger, 2 hand, blue sphere phase as well as the soft enrage phase as well.

Hey there, paowee! Just going to note a bit for you.

I think Lethal/Hybrid should get something of an honorable mention for Tyrans. If you get inferno or Simplification, you can generally more easily time it to not lose damage by refreshing dots or the like as those Same with Corrupter Zero, since it's hard to hit him during his laser phase. But, you can get dots up and do at least some damage. Throwing around the corrosive is also nice for adds.

Also, for Grobthok, the previous guy was wrong. We did HM DF about 3-4 days ago (can't remember which) and Entrench worked on Pipe Smash without a hitch. I could never time it for Overhead Smash, but the knockup from Pipe Smash was resisted every time. I know it's been said a couple times, but never hurts to have extra confirmation, right?

Also, for Raptus, you could say inversing it, in which you'd want MM. Technically, when he spins, if your dots are up, it's going to reflect. The overall damage for me only seems to do maybe twenty perfect of my health through the duration if I had like just refreshed them, but just thought I'd point it out.

Finally, for Dread Council, I would absolutely advocate using Hybrid or Lethality. You can dot up Raptus and just kite him around the outside of the map. Even without roll, you get out of Deadly Saber just before it goes off. I've been doing this for my guild, and Raptus is lucky to even hit me, while the rest of the group busies themselves around mid.

I can confirm that entrench works great for pipe smash :)

I think that the buff from Raptus only affects tech damage for us so leth would be the superior option, but I can still compete as marks so I usually don't bother switching specs.

Dread council is definitely a leth fight (I don't usually hybrid so I can't speak to its effectiveness but I imagine it would also be good). Just dot everything up and have fun (our other sniper usually kites Raptus so I can just tab target around and cause mayhem >8D ). At the final phase lethality's dot execute is awesome.

I think that the buff from Raptus only affects tech damage for us so leth would be the superior option, but I can still compete as marks so I usually don't bother switching specs.

Dread council is definitely a leth fight (I don't usually hybrid so I can't speak to its effectiveness but I imagine it would also be good). Just dot everything up and have fun (our other sniper usually kites Raptus so I can just tab target around and cause mayhem >8D ). At the final phase lethality's dot execute is awesome.

I feel silly for forgetting that tech bonus. Maybe hybrid in that case. Makes full use out of the tech power bonus, but the dots don't tick quite as long (no linger). Strong burst for the add as well.

Of course lately, on Raptus, I've been doing a lot of standing around. Due to not having enough guards, I basically just stand there, since tanks get reduced threat gen, which even with threat drops causes me to pull off a lot. Rather play it safe than sorry. That's not to say I don't still shell out damage. I just wait to do so.

And as paowee mentioned in a different thread, Hybrid can be great on Council as well. Can dot and Cull Raptus while kiting, then throw up dots on Cal (does it originate on him and deal damage, or count as yours and absorb if not in shield?) and Bestia, or Tyrans, or something. Basically, Council is one of those fights where the dot specs shine, as compared to MM. However, MM is also still perfectly viable. In my group, I run Lethality, while another sniper in our group goes MM.

What Raptus tech damage buff? Where is this o_O

Edited by paowee